PDA

View Full Version : Secret Spots???

oldmaninsea
03-10-2011, 06:44 PM
I know a lot of guys on FNN like to keep their favorite spots closer to the vest than highly classified miliary secrets, but what the heck ... Isn't this, FNN, supposed to be a "brotherhood"? I will only say this, and it only goes for me, but I am more than happy to SHARE any exact spots where I find fish with ANYONE in FNN ... Just sayin'... :Big Grin:

Tom
over and out

Frequent Flyer
03-10-2011, 07:18 PM
i feel the same way. its not lik wer going to go out and poach ur spot i mean some of the lurkers mite. but ppl will be ppl

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-10-2011, 07:49 PM
ive sent numerous ,messages to some members, who i considered successful,with no responses to my PMB private mess,and inquiries about access of spots, using my fly rods , no waves,and calmer conditions.the nature of this site was to help fellow fisherman catch ,and,release. i give up .im just going fishing,i guess, i wont be able to to get to fish the SECRET SPOTS ..god bless mike the pmb......

gogreeenz4
03-11-2011, 08:42 AM
i agree we are all sport fisherman on this website which in my mind means catch and relase and ethicly as possible we arent some sleezy poachers taken 7 fish from trabuco creek with our hands? i acctually sawl this happen one day while back fishn a guy who couldnt even speak english had 2 fish over 10 inches and 5 from 5 inches to 9 inches danglin from his fingers up there gills and all he could say when i ask what are you doing he said i use hands. you will only find true fisherman that will keep a spot clean and fish released on this fnn i actually pick up some trash at a new spot or in general if i see some i bring a grocery bag just to fill up and take to a trash on my way out from the stream..i think everyone on this website is dope very helpful aand a hell of a lot better then and other "social network" hahahahaha

everyone happy friday and enjoi the weekend

tomah
03-11-2011, 09:00 AM
i can see both sides of the story. for the lurkers that just want to come and poach to the regulars that wouldnt mind passing along information. it is definately a touchy subject.

i for one, do not mind so much to show people what i know and where i go. ive even used some of oldmaninsea's intel at times. (big THANKS btw!)

maybe its just that some guys dont want to share info on the fishes that can NOT be had regularly and easily. BSP's YFC's and what not are SUPER FUN to catch and they are in abundance. WSB's halibut corbina, those fish, a bit more difficult to find and are not in abundance. those fish, you have to know where to go and have good luck. would the person that knows a lot of this info want to get that spot burned out? probably not. i dont blame them though. at that point, it is up to me to find my own honey holes and probably only share that info with certain individuals also. if i met some of you guys and i knew you werent poachers, im sure we wouldnt have much of a problem. but it is sharing that kind of info to anybody that can lurk on this website and take all the nice tasty fishes that probably bums a lot of people out.

so maybe, as a web forum, we could meet up and share info, stories and catch some fish together and find some honey holes of our own :)

it isnt always about catching a fish to take it home. its also about having a good time and helping the ocean thrive

oomicha3loo
03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Trust me, if youre fishing on a boat GL getting some one to tell you where their spots are. WSB spots are rare and people don't like to share. If you want to fish on the ocean and have your own boat pay a charter boat see where they take you and then follow it. I found a few nice rockfish, halibuts spots but never WSB.

murrieta angler
03-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,
Thank You to everyone that has ever gave me some info in regards to a "SPOT"...:Big Grin:

I have never asked anyone for their spot nor will I ever.
Part of the fishing experience for me is going out and finding the "Honey Hole".
I have only been surf fishing for 2 years but knew this much coming into it, "If you don't go, you'll never catch a fish".
I have learned, on my own, that structure changes after every winter.
I have learned that certain fish come closer to shore after certain weather conditions.
I have learned that certain fish like some bait better than others.
I have learned that walking 10 miles a day looking for fish helps keep me in shape.
Etc, Etc, Etc..........

There have been many posts in regards to how to locate structure, checking sites for conditions, google earth, how to rig your gear. Your on the computer, maximize its capabilities. If you do not find what you are looking for, then by all means, ask me, if need be. I may not have the answer but I will help you to find it...:Smile:

Now in regards to poaching, has anyone ever looked to see who is on this site at any given time? Why do you think there are always more non registered than registered? People do come to this site, and many others, to find the spots so they can take some fish home. I have no problem with it and in these times it's hard to come by a cheap meal. I have taken 2 fish home in the last 2 years. But the rest I let go so my kids can go fishing from the surf in 20, 30 or 50 years from now. With the closures who knows what to expect in the future?!

I personnaly love fishing with people and have asked many people to PM me when they are hitting the surf or when I go hit the surf I PM them. I have met people while on the beach fishing or getting a bite to eat at some resteraunt. I just like learning and sharing what I enjoy as one of my favorite past times.

My point, go out and learn by doing and not just by reading, the rewards are greater..:Cool:

God Bless Evryone,
Robert
<><

BTW, there are no secret spots, the beach is open to everyone who wants to explore it.

murrieta angler
03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I know a lot of guys on FNN like to keep their favorite spots closer to the vest than highly classified miliary secrets, but what the heck ... Isn't this, FNN, supposed to be a "brotherhood"? I will only say this, and it only goes for me, but I am more than happy to SHARE any exact spots where I find fish with ANYONE in FNN ... Just sayin'... :Big Grin:

Tom
over and out

Hey Tom,
I will be up in Bolsa tomorrow morning, before I hit the Fred Hall Show.
If you would like to share the sand, PM me.
Robert
<><

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-11-2011, 03:17 PM
, i hope to hookup, with other coastal, guys, on this site,using my darkside flyfishing methods, and fish some differant locations. peace out ,and god bless........ mike the pmb.....

tracker16
03-11-2011, 03:32 PM
I feel the same way i used to follow Allcoast people where reel helpfull even during salmon fishing the more the better, then everyone got tite liped, even blotting out the back ground of spots, the last big white seabass bite out of MDR people cooperated this all has changed.
I relly like this site and people are frendly. I live in Bakersfield and fish Isabella now when I can but my Mother is ill and have not been able to go since the last big crappy bite.
I enjoy thr reports and keeping upwith the news

Tracker16

smokehound
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I don't share hot-spots anymore.. besides, 99 percent of the fun is exploring on your own, and discovering your own spots.

I stopped doing this after i found my usual haunt trashed, and an additional nasty surprise-- A ton of dead fish sitting by the rail. Then to make matters worse, a bunch of unlicensed immigrants came and assaulted a spotfin croaker school right in front of my eyes.

These punks would fish til they caught ten, hide the limit, and go back in for more...

This made me have a total breakdown.. everyone remembers that.....

Poachers will lurk in the shadows and wait til someone blurts something out, then they cover the spot like.. well.. Lice.

All that, because I decided to open my big mouth. From now on, I only reveal technical information, never a direct spot EVER again.

These poachers have ZERO respect for life, they use tiny hooks to ensure a catch, and violently rip the hook out of gut-hooked baby SBB.

TroutOnly
03-11-2011, 04:24 PM
If i told you it wouldnt be a secret,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

bsp
03-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I fish a few spots that are very small, but can be very productive. I remember the first time I went fishing with Wingnut, we went to one of these and had a banner day on halibut. The thing was, we were only fishing and area about 10yds wide. Places like this cannot handle the pressure of having my 1000+ internet friends knowing about them, and accordingly I will not share them with the vast majority of people. Other areas, like say Long Beach, I'll gladly give info about since there is a gigantic stretch of beach with a large volume of fish. I'll also answer ANY questions about technique, gear used, and learning to read the water.

I don't believe that giving away spots is beneficial to anybody since an individual LEARNS to become a better angler if they put in the time figuring out areas on their own. I did, and while it sucked to get skunked so often, I am now much more confident because of that. Also, as you learn, you begin to be able to pull fish out of areas that you passed over before. Basically, I'll give somebody all the tools they need to figure out how to pattern fish, but then they have to put in the time and effort on the sand to piece it all together.

Also, there are some spots that I very rarely share due to them being given to me. I'll only share them with approval from the people who gave them to me initially, and I do this because I know they do the same with the spots I have given them.

PMB, if you want a low wave saltwater fly fishing spot, try Long Beach. That stretch of coastline can frequently be lake like, and I've seen quite a few fly guys doing well out there before. Also, check out: http://onesurffly.com/
I know they have a few surf fly fishing events coming up, and if you go you'll definitely run into a few guys who share your passion for fly fishing. I personally know nothing about fly fishing, so that's the extent of the knowledge I can share with you.

bayfishingjunkie
03-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I agree with this post. I have had some bad reactions to a few of my posts. and honestly was thinking about no longer even dealing with this site because of the lack of anyone really wanting to share REAL fishing info. After thinking about it I see I was wrong to expect that. It's the persons perogitive to give or not to give up thier spots..They took the time to find them.. I myself have no problem sharing any spot unless as BSP states, it's too small to handle too much pressure. than I may just take you there myself after a few conversations. So if you want to know some secret spots pm me and we will see .

DockRat
03-12-2011, 05:44 AM
I think people should use incorrect spelling to not catch Google Search guys.
NPH better than spelling it out. I use KH for King Harbor.
Terminal !sland. Cher ry St. Mal!bu WSB. Tupanga, Zumma.

I used to make up names for spots. Punta de Brazil (Samba or KH Bubble)
Coon Hole (dead racoon spot at Dominguez Channel at the Draw Bridge)
The Cemetary (can't tell)

Enough Lurkers on FNN so why give it away on every seach engine.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-12-2011, 06:09 AM
i didnt mean to sound like i dont have my own coastal fishing areas,for over 50yrs.i would never ask for excact spots to wet a line,im talking about info on certain bays, or calmer,protected waters.once there ,i can figure out where to fish.at $4 a gallon for gas it gets a little pricy,to go out now days.i normally fish belmont shore line,sealbeach river channel, and the reserve.with my fly rods.now thats the kind of shareing ive ever asked for.not excact spots.sorry for jacking your thread.send me a pm if you want to meet on the coast or just some info.....mike the pmb....

AngryAgent
03-12-2011, 01:38 PM
I think people should use incorrect spelling to not catch Google Search guys.
NPH better than spelling it out. I use KH for King Harbor.
Terminal !sland. Cher ry St. Mal!bu WSB. Tupanga, Zumma.

I used to make up names for spots. Punta de Brazil (Samba or KH Bubble)
Coon Hole (dead racoon spot at Dominguez Channel at the Draw Bridge)
The Cemetary (can't tell)

Enough Lurkers on FNN so why give it away on every seach engine.

This^^^^!

You want to catch fish then get out and start pounding sand period. Talk to guys who are out fishing in the same locals as yourself and see if they will be kind enough to offer up info. Most of us that have been fishing for years have spent the time searching for fish and refining our techniques to catch different species at different times of the year. Bottom line is the internet destroys prime fishing holes worse then anything else period! Earn your fish, and stop begging. Also one more thing...If you PM someone here asking for info regarding a honey hole and get no response in return don't cry about it, they don't know you and they owe you absolutely nothing. Is this supposed to be a tight knit community? Yeah I would like to think so but that still doesn't mean that I or anyone else here owes it to anyone to give up any info pertaining to the whereabouts of fish.

You think that surf guys are bad, hard core bass anglers are more hush-hush then anyone I have ever met regarding fishing and every bit like that of a secret society.

I hope you fulfill your fishing desires in the future, but everything worth having is more appreciated when it is worked for.

trail blazer
03-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I have to agree with SMOKEHOUND on this!,,,,,,,,,,,,This is an educated agreement i might add .

BEACUSE=====If i tell anyone any secret spots,,,,,,,,,,my secret will be as safe with that person as it was with me!

If we share what we cought something on,how deep,retreive speed and so on,,thats already a ton of info,,,,,,,

BUT EXACT SPOTS,,,,,,Well,,,,,,,,,,not a good idea!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,That spot will instantly be BURN,D

Sometimes thats OK,,,,,,,,,And sometimes its not.

TRAIL BLAZER

Lipripper93561
03-12-2011, 04:53 PM
To be honest, I think that you have to establish a relationship with someone before you start giving up spots. I have moved three times, and each time had establish new fishing methods for the geography. Started in Bako, and fished the area for 25 years. I don't think there is a puddle of water that I haven't thrown a line in in within 80 miles of Bako. Just takes time. When I moved to the High Desert, the duct was my backyard. After sharing countless skunk posts on here, each one was commented with suggestions and tactics. My catch status improved greatly. The more I was out there, the more I recognized what I had seen in others posts. Then I went to an FNN event hosted by Gary at Castaic, and met TB above and his friends and had a blast. Everyone was so nice, my wife and I were amazed. People shared all sorts of knowledge, and a sweet couple even gave us a small megabait jig that they were having great success on. All the PM's that I have sent out were answered within 24 hours with great help. But you just can't ask where exaclty someone is fishing, ask for a vicinity. I gave up a secret spot in Bako, and I'll name the spot, Enos lane at the west side of the Kern River. One day I'm fishing by myself, the next theres 50 people there, trash everywhere and poachers galore. And that didn't stop until the river dried up. ( you'll spend hundreds of hours hitting that spot before you get the golden hour)
All that said; the people on this site are the best, true anglers and friends. Most photos in the posts have structures that can be searched on google earth and you can pretty much zoom in to a fence post with the imagery available now. And if you still can't locate a site you see in a post, shoot a pm and let them know how much work you have put in trying to find that spot, and they will usually give you a pretty good hint. But just because a spot is giving it up one day ,doesn't mean it will be the next. ....good luck and tight lines. Chris

trail blazer
03-12-2011, 06:20 PM
HAY LIPRIPPER93561,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,remember this video,,,,,,,,,,BEST MOVIE IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!

Lets look AGAIN,,,,,,,,,,a must SEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc8nbZlhrWE

OOOOOOOOOOYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HERE IS IS

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/carlysimps/100_2879.jpg

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
03-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Man, I don't know about "secret spots"...

I look to see if action is good or dead.

If a body of water has a good bite I'd go. If its dead I wouldn't. Thats what FNN is for me. It cuts down on a lot of the skunks and bad fishing trips. Especially if your taking kids fishing

Secret spots are secret spots. By DEFINITION!

oldmaninsea
03-12-2011, 07:13 PM

Tom
over and out

I tried to do this with an "edit post", but after WAITING for over 5 minutes:Confused: for it to "save", I gave up!

At any rate, my WHOLE point of the original post was to open a discussion of the subject. Well, it appears to have worked!
Couple points:
1. I would never ask a skipper, commercial or private, to "share" his GPS markings! But 'near torrance beach, or around huntington flats, in alamitos bay, etc. would be nice;
2. I don't expect anyone to give up their EXACT spot ... but I fish, mainly, on and around Bolsa Chica (that leaves it open to about 3 miles of beach);
3. I want to thank everyone for their input. If we don't discuss these things, WE will be the losers in the end;
4. I drive the coast about 2-3 times/week scouting out new potential "hot spots"

Tom
over and out

trail blazer
03-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Man, I don't know about "secret spots"...

I look to see if action is good or dead.

If a body of water has a good bite I'd go. If its dead I wouldn't. Thats what FNN is for me. It cuts down on a lot of the skunks and bad fishing trips. Especially if your taking kids fishing

Secret spots are secret spots. By DEFINITION!

i had some secret spots ONCE!,,,LOL

cutbait
03-12-2011, 07:43 PM
i had some secret spots ONCE!,,,LOL

Me too!

Where did you get last years 18 lber?

trail blazer
03-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Me too!

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How did you get last yrs 30+lbr

and 30+lb blue cat

whats yr fav bait,lure,and F I S H !!!!!!!!!LOL

We need to get slammmmd bro!

trail blazer
03-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Me too!

ccccMONNNN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whos yr DADDY????????????!

muskyman
03-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I have a secret spot where I have gotten cats at 51,55,64,75,47,44,45,41 lbs - all at Irvine in one spot, crazy huh

cutbait
03-12-2011, 08:53 PM
LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How did you get last yrs 30+lbr

and 30+lb blue cat

whats yr fav bait,lure,and F I S H !!!!!!!!!LOL

We need to get slammmmd bro!

None of that holds a candle to the sludge pit crappie u love

Famous Ticketz
03-12-2011, 10:38 PM
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/famousticketz/lb1.jpg
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/famousticketz/lb-1.jpg

exfactor
03-13-2011, 12:25 PM
gimmie gimmee gimmie all that you know, and maybe I'll get a thanks after the spot has been thoroughly spanked. That sir, is just dumb. How do you think we found our spots? Do you think they were GIVEN TO US? NOOOOOOOOOOO! We searched them out ourselves, and discovered them. The thrill of the hunt is WHY WE DO IT. I never know if they are gonna bite or not, but I'm willing to go try, and that sir is what it's all about. This site is for meeting new friends, and making new fishin stories. the rest is up to you.

Wingnut
03-13-2011, 04:14 PM
I respond to "every" PMs or emails that I get. Might take some time, but I eventually answer every one of them. I will say with a high degree of certainty, that not a single member here on FNN can claim that I intentionally ignored their PM's, for ANY reason. I make an effort to communicate to whoever reaches out to me.

With that said, I have no problem letting fellow anglers know what I'm doing and how I'm doing it... but expecting me to tell you exactly where I'm doing it? Well, are you that helpless? Do you want me hold your hand, walk you down to the beach, tie the knot for you, work the lure, set the hook and hand the fish off to you too...? :LOL: Give me a break... I don't go out of my way to conceal my spots, as I rarely blur out the background of photos and such. Unless it is requested by the person that showed me the spot. :Cool: Such spots are few, because 90% of the spots that I (we) fish, has been found thru relentless recon missions. Blood, sweat & tears... and when we pull quality fish out of those areas, it feels that much more satisfying.

If you know the spot, or able to find it, more power to you. You still have to catch them when you get there. :Wink: When it comes to fishing, just about every veteran fisherman know that there's an unwritten etiquette that you never ask or insist that another angler give you his/her spot. Means a lot more when you invest some time and find those spots yourself. Then if you want to invite the worldwide web to your spot, you are free to do so. Just don't come back on the board and complain that all of the sudden, you are rubbing elbows with a dozen other sticks that aren't even a member of this board, or any other board. :!!!:

So before you start judging others for not giving you the information "you think" you are entitled to... take a good look at yourself. You might find that the selfish one, is you. :Idea:

Take care and good luck out there...

trail blazer
03-13-2011, 05:09 PM
i respond to "every" pms or emails that i get. Might take some time, but i eventually answer every one of them. I will say with a high degree of certainly, that not a single member here on fnn can claim that i intentionally ignored their pm's, for any reason. I make an effort to communicate to whoever reaches out to me.

With that said, i have no problem letting fellow anglers know what i'm doing and how i'm doing it... but expecting me to tell you exactly where i'm doing it? well, are you that helpless? Do you want me hold your hand, walk you down to the beach, tie the knot for you, work the lure, set the hook and hand the fish off to you too...? :lol: Give me a break... I don't go out of my way to conceal my spots, as i rarely blur out the background of photos and such. Unless it is requested by the person that showed me the spot. :cool: Such spots are few, because 90% of the spots that i (we) fish, has been found thru relentless recon missions. Blood, sweat & tears... And when we pull quality fish out of those areas, it feels that much more satisfying.

If you know the spot, or able to find it, more power to you. You still have to catch them when you get there. :wink: When it comes to fishing, just about every veteran fisherman know that there's an unwritten etiquette that you never ask or insist that another angler give you his/her spot. Means a lot more when you invest some time and find those spots yourself. Then if you want to "blow the top of this beeyatch", you are free to do so. Just don't come back on the board and complain that all of the sudden, you are rubbing elbows with a dozen other sticks that aren't even a member of this board, or any other board. :!!!:

So before you start judging others for not giving you the information "you think" you are entitled to... Take a good look at yourself. You might find that the selfish one, is you. :idea:

well said=====niceeeeeee

trail blazer

Famous Ticketz
03-13-2011, 05:17 PM
i cant belive that some people just simply dont want to share even ONE of the many spots they have, when i go fishing i am NEVER the only one there, so it's no secret.. as far as being secretive, im done with that, i save that for the poker table.... Like wing nut said, you still have to catch the fish yourself....

jerryG
03-13-2011, 11:43 PM
You are kidding yourself if you believe that everyone who reads these boards fishes responsibly and are respectful enough not to trash the areas they fish. I think it is safe to say that MOST here do fish responsibly however there are some wolves among us. When I say wolves I mean those who lurk these boards in search of good reports with detailed information and or locations. Once they learn of a spot they will waist no time in moving in for the kill. I have seen first hand the destruction that follows in the wake of a detailed report which provides location.

Some may argue that it is selfish not to share locations but the way I see it those who choose not to share locations on public forum are fishing responsibly. They are also showing respect for others who fish the same areas who might not want to see the area exploited. I certainly would never ask or expect anyone to give up spots.

blackwater
03-14-2011, 12:04 AM
I respond to "every" PMs or emails that I get. Might take some time, but I eventually answer every one of them. I will say with a high degree of certainty, that not a single member here on FNN can claim that I intentionally ignored their PM's, for ANY reason. I make an effort to communicate to whoever reaches out to me.

With that said, I have no problem letting fellow anglers know what I'm doing and how I'm doing it... but expecting me to tell you exactly where I'm doing it? Well, are you that helpless? Do you want me hold your hand, walk you down to the beach, tie the knot for you, work the lure, set the hook and hand the fish off to you too...? :LOL: Give me a break... I don't go out of my way to conceal my spots, as I rarely blur out the background of photos and such. Unless it is requested by the person that showed me the spot. :Cool: Such spots are few, because 90% of the spots that I (we) fish, has been found thru relentless recon missions. Blood, sweat & tears... and when we pull quality fish out of those areas, it feels that much more satisfying.

If you know the spot, or able to find it, more power to you. You still have to catch them when you get there. :Wink: When it comes to fishing, just about every veteran fisherman know that there's an unwritten etiquette that you never ask or insist that another angler give you his/her spot. Means a lot more when you invest some time and find those spots yourself. Then if you want to "blow the top of this beeyatch", you are free to do so. Just don't come back on the board and complain that all of the sudden, you are rubbing elbows with a dozen other sticks that aren't even a member of this board, or any other board. :!!!:

So before you start judging others for not giving you the information "you think" you are entitled to... take a good look at yourself. You might find that the selfish one, is you. :Idea:

You are kidding yourself if you believe that everyone who reads these boards fishes responsibly and are respectful enough not to trash the areas they fish. I think it is safe to say that MOST here do fish responsibly however there are some wolves among us. When I say wolves I mean those who lurk these boards in search of good reports with detailed information and or locations. Once they learn of a spot they will waist no time in moving in for the kill. I have seen first hand the destruction that follows in the wake of a detailed report which provides location.

Some may argue that it is selfish not to share locations but the way I see it those who choose not to share locations on public forum are fishing responsibly. They are also showing respect for others who fish the same areas who might not want to see the area exploited. I certainly would never ask or expect anyone to give up spots.

Perfectly said gentlemen. :Applause:
Jerry, love the avatar pic bro. :Cool:

iLLest
03-14-2011, 01:34 AM
Interesting.

Now, where to begin. I'm yet to be pm'd about giving people my/our "secret spot" and honestly, I'm quite glad that nobody has. Reason being... no, Im not trying to be a jerk and hide where our location is at, but simply the fact that I DONT KNOW YOU. Therefore, I am not entitled to give you anything...let alone where I go fishing the most. Many have mentioned that the reason people "hide" their "secret spots" is because they hold quality fish and we don't want to be shoulder to shoulder with people who we don't know, fishing the same structure. Although this alone, is a to tell you the truth, a VERY good reason not to share any information regarding EXACT spots, that's the least of my worries.

Nobody has yet mentioned the fact that maybe, just maybe some of the locations where people fish are extremely secluded. Many fisherman know their locations well enough to know that fishing is best late at night, or early in the morning. In doing so, showing up to a location like this at ANY given time, with a $300+ rod/reel setup, $200+ waders, $100+ in tackle, a digital camera, the keys to your vehicle, your license, your wallet and other things....maybe, it would'nt be a good idea to give a RANDOM person, who you DONT KNOW the location where you fish?

PLUS, no matter how "secret" a spot is, its never a guarantee that fish are going to be there. I've been skunked at my "secret spot" 3 times in a row now...(which I have found by driving around, wasting gas, wasting money on food in the process, falling a multiple of times on rocks and not giving up until I've found a nice spot) Now, why should I or others, give anyone the exact location to where I/we fish?

Once again, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but whoever is PM people and asking where their location is at, why not just go out there and find the fish yourself? Finding the location and a nice spot is honestly 70% of the fun. Next time you head out, make it a adventure, say to yourself "I'm not stopping until I find a good spot" and do it. Stop relying on others to give you information, go out there and have a blast.

Good Luck to everyone...tight lines. :Cool:

Famous Ticketz
03-14-2011, 08:07 AM
I agree with alot of what you people say, I just wanted to drop a line for my fellow fisherman as to where they can go and have a good time, thats what everyone wants right? however i see many points you all have pointed out, like prying mussels off the rocks for bait, cutting line, hooks, weights and just throwing it on the ground along with other trash, WTF? why do that? why disrespect the envioment? My intent was to leave my secret location up a few days, then delete it, sooo the lunkers and NON posters wont see it weeks and months from now... On a side note, you see the picture of the rocks i posted, me and my friend was fishing there and a big wave came and slammed a scuba diver on the rocks out of the blue, it was eventful to say the least...

Newfishsmell
03-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Heres one for the boys of FNN ....

Valley/Hacienda , just look for the neon lures ??

DockRat
03-16-2011, 06:20 AM
however i see many points you all have pointed out, like prying mussels off the rocks for bait, cutting line, hooks, weights and just throwing it on the ground along with other trash, WTF? why do that? why disrespect the envioment? ...

Mussels :Rolls Eyes:, I'll agree with the tackle, line, but mussels ?

In many areas mussels are very thick, those common areas where the trail ends they can get thinned out. I got no problem with making bait. Mussels always recover.
Mussels are everywhere and feel free to use them. We used to use roofing scrapers to clean the Spar Bouys off PV and Whites Point.

The mussels would get so thick the bouys would lean over due to the weight.
I hit a jetty in SMB last month and the mussels were so thick at minus low tide I couldn't believe how many there was.
DR

DockRat
03-16-2011, 06:46 AM
I have no problem letting fellow anglers know what I'm doing and how I'm doing it... but expecting me to tell you exactly where I'm doing it? Well, are you that helpless? Do you want me hold your hand, walk you down to the beach, tie the knot for you, work the lure, set the hook and hand the fish off to you too...? :LOL:
... :ROFL:

The only Swat guy that messed up was your buddy disclosing the Bass spot simular to the Castaic bass but in the ocean.
I went there for a rare C&R attempt and got skunked.
Maybe they ended up in some lurkers bucket ?

Most Secret Spots ARE NOT a Secret :Secret:
Only to the guy that thinks he has something special. That secret spot has been fished for 50 years. But if you do good there and run your mouth others will show up.

Lobster trappers give up secret stones every year with lobster traps.
There is spots in LB where you can watch the WSB @ 3' swim by at certain times of the year. I know areas where you can see lobsters in the rocks in the daytime.
Too bad they are off limits to the general public and illegal to fish. :ROFL:
DR

KID CREOLE
03-16-2011, 03:09 PM
I have been burned too many times and won't give out spots except or info except to a small group of people, especially when we're talking white sea bass. My cbass pics are taken far from where I catch them, if you drive by you'll never see a bent rod!

I've spent $1000's of dollars in gas learning how to catch cbass I'm not giving that away

thomasfishing
03-16-2011, 03:17 PM

Tom
over and out

I'll trade secret lobsters spot for anyone that knows some clamming spots? Look at some of my posts. A picture is worth a thousand words.

City Dad
03-16-2011, 03:19 PM
gimmie gimmee gimmie all that you know, and maybe I'll get a thanks after the spot has been thoroughly spanked. That sir, is just dumb. How do you think we found our spots? Do you think they were GIVEN TO US? NOOOOOOOOOOO! We searched them out ourselves, and discovered them. The thrill of the hunt is WHY WE DO IT. I never know if they are gonna bite or not, but I'm willing to go try, and that sir is what it's all about. This site is for meeting new friends, and making new fishin stories. the rest is up to you.

Man, I'll never forget the time exfactor caught me poaching his spot... I'd posed as a Cubscout troop leader on another forum and he gave me exact coordinates to his prime tilapia reclamation pond. When he arrived to see 'ol City Dad grinnin' back at him like a racoon eating fish guts out of a wire brush, well, let's just say that for the next month I was having bowl movements the exact shape of his size 13 Air Jordans... I'm kidding of course (at least about the grinning part.)

I tend to agree with exfactor on this point. I personally will share spots with discretion... I have absolutely no problem with letting the cat-out-of-the-bag on a red-hot bite at Balboa or some similar place - but my trout spots? No way. A spot that someone else tipped me to? NEVER! If that makes me acewhole then, I accept that title.

Now, anyone wanna know where the squawfish are taking steamers?

Famous Ticketz
03-16-2011, 06:06 PM
straight up trout spot, guaranteed to catch limits-------------> Mt Baldly Trout Ponds... check it out