PDA

View Full Version : Incredable fishing at lnl

kirkboat
03-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Got on the water about 8:30 and had a steady bite until 12:00, but only hooked up 30% of the time, which is normal for fresh stocked fish...At 12:05 it went crazy and i mean crazy...I had so many doubles that i ended up putting 1 rod away...It was one of those days you dream about...Best bait for me was trout worms, drop shot or split shot in green or orange or white or ?...nothing real big but nice fish...I only caught two that were dinks...It looked like everybody managed a few and i only talked to one guy who was blanked...I gave him some worms and a pep talk but i was leaving so i don't know if it helped...The weather was perfect, so all and all it was a great day.......

El Capo
03-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Got on the water about 8:30 and had a steady bite until 12:00, but only hooked up 30% of the time, which is normal for fresh stocked fish...At 12:05 it went crazy and i mean crazy...I had so many doubles that i ended up putting 1 rod away...It was one of those days you dream about...Best bait for me was trout worms, drop shot or split shot in green or orange or white or ?...nothing real big but nice fish...I only caught two that were dinks...It looked like everybody managed a few and i only talked to one guy who was blanked...I gave him some worms and a pep talk but i was leaving so i don't know if it helped...The weather was perfect, so all and all it was a great day.......

Thanks for the report.

Roundabout
03-09-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm heading there tomorrow I will be banking it.I cant wait

Rot8
03-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Hey Kirkboat,

Will you heading to the secret spot at Corona on Thurs? Man, I love your schedule...you retired the right way.

Rot8

Matt44
03-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Man my buddy and I killed em today I got them all on chart/shad,white,orange peel, and yellow pearl powerworms we were on the water at 6 15. My best today was 6 pounds but I seen two guys at the cleanin table one was 7 and a half and one was 9.11 def wide open for the day after the stock. Ill be back tomorrow. And to the guy in the blue boat who hooked the mystery fish and fought it for 45 mins for a snap off I feel your pain.

TUNAVIC
03-10-2011, 10:49 PM
That guy who fought that fish and got busted off was my Buddy Rick,said it took him from the back of the island,and all the way to the boat docks and then busted him off,some of us think it might have been a big cat or a very big bass or carp,he still managed a 7+trout that day so we didn't feel that bad for him,he's been slaying them this year one 7.9 a 9.6 and now a 7+ I don't feel his pain I just feel jealous!

Tuna Vic

Matt44
03-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Yeah man we were right next to him when he hooked it we literally didn't have to move our boat all day it was wide open. I had a huge trout spit my hook and boil right by his boat he said it looked like a dd I was bummed but I managed a 6 right befor we left around 1230. But back to his fish that thing had to be a cat he followed that thing and almost had him twice but guess he just seen the tail.