PDA

View Full Version : looking for a basic rockfish rig

eyedea
03-08-2011, 07:34 PM
last year I got into a kayaking accident, and long story short, I lost my rod/reel. I was wondering if anyone had a basic, possibly older one they were willing to part with for a reasonable price. My old one was my great-grandfathers, so it wasn't new, but I believe the reel was a Penn 320 level wind, and the rod was like a 20-30 test.

ghetto dad
03-09-2011, 08:56 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?54532-Kayak-Newell-daiwa-penn-for-sale

yo....hit up ToadsOnly..hes got a couple Jigmasters hes selling...idk internal conditions, but those are great inexpensive RF reels, and can be used for other things too..just add a power handle and some spectra and ure set....

i havent seen any rods.....but if those jigmasters are in good condition, id jump on one or both of them....you can can always get a Big5 rod rated 20-40 7-8 foot..for pretty cheap to go with the reels..

good luck man

ghetto dad
03-09-2011, 08:57 AM
oh..and sorry about ure accident and lost gear bro..sucks

Swank909
03-09-2011, 12:15 PM
The jigmaster (Penn 500) and sealine 30 GD linked are perfect inexpensive reels for what you want. A big 5 rod 15-30# 7 or 8'** would be a good match. Big 5 has the Sabres on sale for 50-60$ pretty often and you can usually find some 10$ off 50$ coupons.

Another great option is the Fred hall show that started today till Sunday. Plenty of great deals on used set ups. 15$ entry though

**(for local rock fishing, if you're going to Mexico you'll want a Beefier rod)