PDA

View Full Version : Bishop area lodging

Mike274
03-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Anybody have a good spot in or near Bishop to crash on my upcoming trip to the Sierras for some early troutin'? For many years I have stayed at the Elms Motel in Bishop which is okay because it's just me and I just use it to crash between outings. It just seems that their rates go up everytime I go there. But then again maybe everyplace is like that now. Just checking. I just want a place to crash that is safe and secure.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

retired96
03-07-2011, 09:49 PM
I always stay at the Elms, was there a few weeks ago and paid 50.00 ( including taxes) a night.. I think the Elms is the cheapest motel in Bishop. Business must be really slow as I was there for 5 nights and was the only one there...

Piss on Myspace
03-08-2011, 11:39 AM
try the mountain view motel on w line street....about 50 a night...dude danny is real cool...if you bs with him, he might even give you a discount....

Sierra_Smitty
03-08-2011, 04:40 PM
I've heard good things about the Trees motel on line st.

simijab
03-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Bishop creek inn best western it isn't the cheepest but well worth the money. Super nice rooms, they bake fresh cookies every day, there is free soup for lunch and a pretty decent breakfast were you can make fresh belgium waffles. The people and service are great and they have a heated spa. That is my pick every time we go.

Sierra_Smitty
03-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Bishop creek inn best western it isn't the cheepest but well worth the money. Super nice rooms, they bake fresh cookies every day, there is free soup for lunch and a pretty decent breakfast were you can make fresh belgium waffles. The people and service are great and they have a heated spa. That is my pick every time we go.

I second that...not the cheapest in town, but its by far the nicest motel IMO.

sierraslam
03-08-2011, 08:20 PM
I like the trees. BBq's and it's close to everything. Fish cleaning.ect.

simijab
03-08-2011, 09:03 PM

if you think about it the price isn't that bad since you can save money by eating breakfast and lunch there. Plus you can get a free snack to and you can't get fresh baked cookies at AM-PM

IncredibleHuck
03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
Townhouse isn't bad.

Mike274
03-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks to all for the info/

Mike