PDA

View Full Version : where and when

probass123
03-07-2011, 04:01 PM
hello im asking this question about halibut for a long time i have wanted to catch a halibut i tried the surf a little i tried Carlsbad lagoon and nothing i mostly use shrimp to ghost shrimp i would like some help like where to look for them where they are and what they preferably eat and what to look for when looking i would even like to for some one to meet me some where i live in o side and not to far because i don't have a car well im not even allowed to drive yet so any where from c bad and o side so yeah pm if you are interested in helping me if you do your the best

probass123
03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
also are you aloud to surf fish anywhere

DockRat
03-08-2011, 05:35 AM
We just had the 1st Grunion run of the year.
That is the time to go. Start fishing 2 days before the run.

Grunion Run = Halibut in the shallows.

also are you aloud to surf fish anywhere

No. There is a few reserves that are closed and some beaches don't allow people after 10:00 pm

DR

bsp
03-08-2011, 09:06 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?41562-Intro-So-you-want-to-catch-halibut-from-the-surf...

Read it, and you'll have a better shot at catching fish. It's pretty unlikely that you'll stick a halibut on shrimp or ghost shrimp since they mainly feed on fin fish. Artificials are definitely the way to go, but if you have to fish bait try fishing live smelt or frozen grunion.