PDA

View Full Version : Apollo park trout derby - sat 3-5

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Hiro and I went to see about bringin home a little coin…

Yes it’s trout….but there was a good chunk of change available..

So we went fished it hard…

Met a few Fnn’rs out there (6 or 7), sorry I cannot remember your names but great meeting you and thanks for the use of the net to the 2 fellows fishing next to us : )

It was quite the mad house out there with what I am guessing was well over 1000 people out on the water..

The top ten single biggest fish took home money : )

Started off strong but the bite hit a wall just before 9am.

Fortunately the bite didn’t shut off before I could get into the running and on the board.

Ended up landing a 5th place win and took a nice lil’ check for $415.00.

2lb test and a 1/12th ounce silver and blue Kastmaster was her demise : )

Helluva’ a nice battle on that light line !

Super bendo !

Almost lost the fish as it wuz peeling drag heading for the dock pilings : (

Glad my line didn’t contact that cement otherwise it would have been OVER !

BUT I managed to work her back to the open water and Hiro did the net job for me…

Whew…glad I didn’t lose it on that light line…
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/apollolake3-5-11-5thplacefish.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/apollolake3-5-11-check.jpg
I need to do some front end work on my truck so it came at a great time so I can do repairs from the winnings : )

Good times….good times…

Sorry I didn’t take a better picture earlier (pic of fish taken at end of day) but I kept fishing real hard and didn’t want to stop for pics till later.

the fish had a pretty full tail so it was a great battler..
Salute,
Gary

Double A
03-07-2011, 11:29 AM
way to go FTS

can't beat getting PAID to fish

congrats... now get back to the stripey's

the killa fish taco
03-07-2011, 11:34 AM
nice check.... what was the biggest fish there?

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-07-2011, 11:36 AM
nice check.... what was the biggest fish there?
Biggest fish was 7 lbs 2 ounces if I am not misstaken and that took $1500.00 frogskins : )

2nd took $1000.00 but I'm not sure of the weight !

the killa fish taco
03-07-2011, 12:14 PM
man.... thats nice!!!

trail blazer
03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
OOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Looks like all time spent by the BAKO BOYS training you is FINALLY starting to pay off,,J/K

CONGRATS my BROTHER!

TRAIL BLAZER

Piss on Myspace
03-07-2011, 08:06 PM
nice mang....congrats on that little piggie....must have been a battle with 2lb...i was there as well, managed a few on a shad imitation jig...we caught up on the dock as the tournament was coming to an end...congrats again!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-08-2011, 10:17 AM
nice mang....congrats on that little piggie....must have been a battle with 2lb...i was there as well, managed a few on a shad imitation jig...we caught up on the dock as the tournament was coming to an end...congrats again!!!

Thanks

It WAS an epic battle that took me left and right numourous times under peoples lines and over them...then the dock pilings....can't say I wasn't releived when it hit the net...normally not a huge deal but I figured that fish was gonna bring some bacon with it : )

How did u end up doing out there ? ?

are you one of the 2-3 fellows I spoke to briefly on the end of the dock ?

OOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Looks like all time spent by the BAKO BOYS training you is FINALLY starting to pay off,,J/K

CONGRATS my BROTHER!

TRAIL BLAZER

Wow, I guess a thanks is owed to you.....for administering some panfish skills (although that really AINT NO PANFISH ABOVE !)

So thanks cousin Trailblazer : )

BUT you ain't getting a chunck o that change my friend..

tel U what...how bout I buy you a slurpee and some redman chaw next time out out there in bako and we call it even : )

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha..

Thanks man : )
Gary

Piss on Myspace
03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
It WAS an epic battle that took me left and right numourous times under peoples lines and over them...then the dock pilings....can't say I wasn't releived when it hit the net...normally not a huge deal but I figured that fish was gonna bring some bacon with it : )

How did u end up doing out there ? ?

are you one of the 2-3 fellows I spoke to briefly on the end of the dock ?

yeah i was the one with a beanie and a gray carhartt sweatshirt yelling at you to get him, not realizing your line was crossed. lol....glad to hear you landed that thing...at a derby like that, some people wont even reel there lines in or get out of the way when someone is fighting a big fish..i wasn't with those other people on the dock, but rather trying to get out a little deeper....and the monster hat was the dead giveaway....it was funny, i was like "i know that mofo"...congrats again

trail blazer
03-08-2011, 04:05 PM
O I see how it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when were slaying stripers togather were brothers BUT when you come up on some xtra mOOLA were just cousins,,,,,LOL

CONGRATS AGAIN GARY!.

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
O I see how it is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when were slaying stripers togather were brothers BUT when you come up on some xtra mOOLA were just cousins,,,,,LOL

CONGRATS AGAIN GARY!.

TRAIL BLAZER

lmao !

I can give ya some trout !

THAT..I will do !

P.S.
When we're out slayin them striped feesh...I'm just nice to you so U don't go all "deliverence" on me behind the pumphouse !

: )

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha

LMAO !

ROFL !