PDA

View Full Version : Bass Fishing near Yuma

FishinElectrician
03-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Im headin down to Yuma next weekend and was wondering if any of you know some good shore fishing spots along the main river and its backwaters??? Ill most likely be fishing the Arizona side. Any info and/or tips would be greatly appreciated...

yolo
03-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Lake Martinez is on the AZ side.

Bird dog
03-07-2011, 06:44 AM
lots of good canals from what I hear.look at yumabassman.com.Should be some spots recommended on there.Good luck.

FishinElectrician
03-16-2011, 09:13 PM
lots of good canals from what I hear.look at yumabassman.com.Should be some spots recommended on there.Good luck.Thanks for the info, man! There was alot of helpful guys on that website who pointed me in the direction of the fish this past weekend!

So I fished a small water northeast of Yuma by the name of Fortuna Pond. I arrived to a place that looked like it was devoid of any Bass. I started fishing the north shoreline, working my way eastward along the bank. Come to find out, Bass were present in good numbers, and they were willing biters. All cookie cutter size as you can see, although I missed one very nice fish at the tip of a jetty that sticks out directly from the eastern shore. I had a blast. I only took pictures of a couple fish, but I ended up with 13 Bass for my efforts. Pictured with the fish is the bait that I used all day. The Norman Lures Thin N' in the "Slick" color... They were absolutely crushing this bait!!!

It was a heck of a day! I think Id like to go back before the sun starts baking the area!

Catsfordays
03-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Nice report and pic's.........Thanks

Mr.DieHard
03-17-2011, 09:43 PM
My uncle lives in Yuma, maybe next time i go visit him i will go check out the pond. How much was the fishing license? good report by the way.

Bird dog
03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Good job!Thanks for reporting.