PDA

View Full Version : Husker Practically has them Jumping in the Boat (3/5): (2) DD's as Proof

HuskerRod
03-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Wow, what a day. First, I got to shout out to all the guys that have helped me over the years. None of this would have been possible without them. People like Virgil Ward and his TV show "Championship Fishing", Al and Ron Lindner, the staff at "Bucks Tackle and Electric Razor Supply", and all the great guys here at FNN. You know who you are. Thanks to all of you.

First, noticed a couple interesting things at DVL that caught my attention quick. First, the temperature in the Quarry area was 62 degrees and water more stained as compared to the water on the east end of the lake (58.5 degrees and clearer). Actually I had attended to do some sight fishing in the quarry, but the water was much to murky. The water in the east of the lake had modest visibility. Did see buck males on beds and roaming where their was visibility.

Saw what looked like two ten pound brutes sitting near the mouth of the quarry. Visibility was almost nothing, but these two were right on the surface. Aproached vigiliantly and put my offering right in front of both trophies and they gummed the offering almost immediately. They fell for the baked pretzel, 3-inch size. Neither would touch a nightcrawler.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm209/huskerrod/DSC02535.jpg

Of course, neither would leave me alone for the rest of the coarse of the afternoon.

diamondbear
03-06-2011, 04:44 PM
DAMN Rod , You had me craving a big fish but had me laughing at the pic , lol Ive should of known better . Iam a duck hunter so maybe I'll try the baked pretzels between my decoys next year . GREAT POST . // db

TroutOnly
03-06-2011, 07:59 PM
ROD I WANT TO KICK YOU RIGHT IN THE ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'LL JUST WAIT AND THROW STRIPERS AT YOU AGAIN,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,TELL ME WHEN THE BITE STARTS SO I CAN KILL SOME OF THOSE STRIPERS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND I WILL LET YOU TOUCH MY HUSKER HAT TOM OSBOURNE TOUCHED,,,,,,,,,,,TOM ACTUALLY PLAYED FOR MY WASHINGTON REDSKINS IN 1960 AND 1961,,,,,,,,,,,,I BET YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT,,,,,,,I SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM SIGN MY HAT BUT I CHANGED MY MIND AND HE HADED IT BACK TO ME,,,,,,,,IVE GOT FRIENDS IN MY HOME TOWN OF OMAHA,,,,,,,,

HuskerRod
03-06-2011, 08:32 PM
ROD I WANT TO KICK YOU RIGHT IN THE ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I'LL JUST WAIT AND THROW STRIPERS AT YOU AGAIN,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,TELL ME WHEN THE BITE STARTS SO I CAN KILL SOME OF THOSE STRIPERS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND I WILL LET YOU TOUCH MY HUSKER HAT TOM OSBOURNE TOUCHED,,,,,,,,,,,TOM ACTUALLY PLAYED FOR MY WASHINGTON REDSKINS IN 1960 AND 1961,,,,,,,,,,,,I BET YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT,,,,,,,I SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM SIGN MY HAT BUT I CHANGED MY MIND AND HE HADED IT BACK TO ME,,,,,,,,IVE GOT FRIENDS IN MY HOME TOWN OF OMAHA,,,,,,,,

T.O.,

You throw a Striper at me I'll clean it and eat it up like the last one...hehehehehe. Yah, I heard he was a receiver on that Redskin squad. I wasnt sure about the years. Would have been neat to get a signature on your hat. Maybe even a pic. I know coach T.O. is an avid Trout chaser just like the guide T.O. Go ahead and kick me in the (censored). I probably wont even feel it. I've been getting kicked around so much recently by the Stripers at DVL as of late that I've been wearing a cast iron jock anyways.

DarkShadow
03-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Rod,

Hey, if they weigh more than 10, you can call anything out there a DD!

I caught a DD anchor the other day, didn't even need to fight it as it was already in the boat. I also snagged Phantom's pant leg a few casts later, but he managed to shake the hook before I could land him. He definitely weighed more than 10.

The best was the DD tree limb I pulled up with my jig firmly attached. That one needed to be needled since it floated on the surface after being released and wouldn't swim back down.

GdHkSet1
03-07-2011, 07:20 PM
You got me Rod! I saw some ducks yesterday with redheads and a couple that had white & black backs. See you out there next time.

Nessie Hunter
03-08-2011, 08:08 AM
From one Nebraska Native (Omaha) to another Husker!!!
Good fishing Rod.. lol You da man!!