PDA

View Full Version : Advice in Eureka...

BradyG
03-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I'll be in the area in late June or early July. Been fishing the Socal surf and inshore forever, but need some advice on that area up there. Thanks in advance.

BG

greenbean
04-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Carolina rig grubs for red tail perch in the surf by the south jetty. Rock fish and lings on the jetty. When I was living up there ('87 through '92) there were several landing that would run open salmon boats. Salmon fishing was wide open back then.

windrosecharters
06-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Even though this thread is a little old, folks who come across it and are thinking of visiting the REAL Northern California (ha) might like to know that saltwater fishing has been going strong in 2012 and thus far in 2013. Salmon, rockfish, halibut and crab out of Trinidad Bay, CA are going strong. And if you like river fishing, well, you might check out charters on the SIX wild rivers that weave through the area.

There are a couple of posts on here asking for advice and suggestions on visiting and fishing up here in Humboldt County. We have a resource list on our website that will give you a good introduction, including links to things to see and do, places to eat, stay, the local visitors bureau, chambers etc.

In addition to amazing fishing, the North Coast is host to many music festivals, fairs, and of course, the Oyster Festival, which is coming up. Oh, and if you've never visited a Redwood forest, you might want to put that on your list.

There are many reasons films like Lost World and After Earth are filmed up here. Come check it out.

Wind Rose Charters
Trinidad Bay, CA Fishing Charters
www.windrosecharters.com
facebook.com/windrosecharters

G-Man
02-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Hey guys! Have not posted for a long time...Moved back up here to Humboldt from SoCal 8 yrs ago. The above advice is excellent. There is a spot in Eureka, "Stinky Beach" a small beach inside the bay that can have WFO red tail fishing. I use a c-rig and Gulp camo sandworms. I've killed them with a blue/chrome kastmaster in spring. It's off 101, south of Eureka, Herrick ave. offramp.

simijab
04-26-2018, 06:59 AM
Hey guys! Have not posted for a long time...Moved back up here to Humboldt from SoCal 8 yrs ago. The above advice is excellent. There is a spot in Eureka, "Stinky Beach" a small beach inside the bay that can have WFO red tail fishing. I use a c-rig and Gulp camo sandworms. I've killed them with a blue/chrome kastmaster in spring. It's off 101, south of Eureka, Herrick ave. offramp.

We will be moving up to crescent city this summer. might have to hit that spot on the way up!!