PDA

View Full Version : Santa Margarita 3-5-11

mamachipy
03-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Hit the lake with a buddy from work at 7am. Worked the shore line and the islands for nothing. First hookup did not come until 1pm on a swim-bait (4.5 lbs). We continued working the shore line and around 3pm we get the second on a jig bouncing off the bottom (4 lbs). Head over to a point and get the third on a swim-bait (4.67lbs). we keep working the reeds for two more (4+ lbs). Off the water by 6pm. It took all day to land 5, farm 2, and break off one. It was slow but they were quality fish. Talked to some other anglers and it was tough for everyone. Fish are starting to head in and the lake should fire off any day now. Only have one pic but don't know how to get it from my phone to here.

CL SmooV
03-06-2011, 12:16 PM
....thanks for the report. SM Lake is on my to fish list this year. i agree, in 2-3 weeks most waters will catch fire.

as for getting that pic to fnn, its easy. text your fish pic's to your email. save it to your pc as a jpeg. then finally when you start a new thread, click add an attachment, browse, pick your pic, and your set.

mamachipy
03-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks CL!

cutbait
03-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Nicely done MAMA!!!

What happened with Pine flat?

your better off going to margie anyway. Who wants a bunch of dink spots?

Now lets go flip BV tullies! Since you have the LM bug

SLOfish
03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
I was out there saturday as well shore fishing since my boat is out of commision. Tough for me as well, but i did manage one really fat 5.5 pounder. will post my report soon

steve092
03-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the report. I've been fishing Lopez lately and have been wondering about Margarita. The last time I was there the water clarity was terrible, but that was over a month ago.

I see from your report that you were fishing the shoreline. About what depth were you catching them in?

trail blazer
03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Great job out there MAMA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Way to represent us BAKans

TRAIL BLAZER

mamachipy
03-07-2011, 03:37 PM
About what depth were you catching them in?

They were still kinda deep in the 10'-15' range. They will be moving in soon!

fishinone
03-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Nice catch.

Your right about things heating up. The striper should kick into high gear too.