PDA

View Full Version : First NPH trip of 2011

Jaysuuun
03-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Lately, Tess has been buggin me about going fishing, so I finally broke down and took her this weekend. :LOL: The tide looked promising, so we expected to throw out the swimmie and rack up the spots. Didn't happen. :Neutral:

Started the morning off throwing the swimmies in the usual colors. Produced two spots on the spottie special both caught by Tess. This was the best spottie of the day.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSCN1826.jpg

For the next 3 hours we continue to fish without a nibble. :Neutral: Tess even decides to take a nap. http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/emoticons/Activity%20Emoticons/sleeping.gif

Meanwhile, I'm casting swimmies in every color, dropshotting, Tess is making fun of me :Idiot: and I'm still wearing the :Skunk:.

Made one last switch to white ice and finally beat the skunk with a spottie (not pictured). YESSS! No skunk! Cast out again and get slammed by this guy.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/DSCN1829.jpg

A shorty, taped out at 21". Went on to catch a few more fish on the ice before calling it quits.

Total fish count:

6 Spotties
4 Butts

The day was looking pretty grim, but we were glad to pull out a few more fish in the end. Talked to a guy on a pontoon and a few guys on a bass boat (board members?) who hadn't caught anything at the time. Hope they found some fish.

Tight lines
Jason

Maz
03-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Glad you found a few !

It's all about the spot... We were on 'em yesterday... Doubles, Triples, Pigs... We got lucky and found 'em.

ryryk
03-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Hey Jay thanks for the report.
I've been MIA for a while and looks like you two haven't missed a beat!

Good job
Ry

klocked
03-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Hi Jason and Tess!! Nice to see you two out fishing again!
Nice fishies too!

DockRat
03-07-2011, 04:14 AM
Yah, Its bout time. Listen to Tess and go fishing.
DR

Phanatic
03-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Awesome guys! Glad to see you guys out there. Thanks for the report jason. Maybe we'll bump into each other again at the fred hall this week. :Big Grin:

FISHINGVATO562
03-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Sup Jason,
I was the one on the pontoon. Good job pulling those guys in, nice hali. As for me I fished about 30 docks, and or slips, for a whole lot of nothin. All I got was a sunburn.

Till next time

iLLest
03-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Very nice. :Thumbs Up:

ghetto dad
03-07-2011, 02:07 PM
like i said last year...and it was my opinion only....seems like NPH is gettin slower and slower each year...as it seems with fishing ANYWHERE these days.... :(

great report man..glad you got some fish!

Jaysuuun
03-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Hey Jay thanks for the report.
I've been MIA for a while and looks like you two haven't missed a beat!

Good job
Ry

Yo Ry, I even threw the keylime BH, but got no love. :Sad: Hope to see more reports from you soon.

Glad you found a few !

It's all about the spot... We were on 'em yesterday... Doubles, Triples, Pigs... We got lucky and found 'em.

Glad to hear you found them. I would've loved to to hit up some different spots in the harbor, but we're kinda little limited in our inflatable. Nice to know that someone is catching some pigs.

Hi Jason and Tess!! Nice to see you two out fishing again!
Nice fishies too!

Whuttup John! We gotta hit up the surf sometime this year. Me and Tess are just warming up on the spotties. LOL Oh, and I gotta rebuild Tess' reel that she dunked the last time we went surf fishing. :LOL:

Yah, Its bout time. Listen to Tess and go fishing.
DR

I know. I should've listened to her sooner rather than later.

Awesome guys! Glad to see you guys out there. Thanks for the report jason. Maybe we'll bump into each other again at the fred hall this week. :Big Grin:

Won't be able to make it this year. Tough times right now, no money for new fishing gear. :Sad: I'll be there next year though. :Twisted:

Sup Jason,
I was the one on the pontoon. Good job pulling those guys in, nice hali. As for me I fished about 30 docks, and or slips, for a whole lot of nothin. All I got was a sunburn.

Till next time

Hey nice meetin you out there. We fished a bunch of docks, but didn't get a whole lot of action. Just the two spots early in the morning and then nothing for the next few hours. Most of the fish were caught out in the open. Maybe we'll bump into each other again sometime. :Cool:

Very nice. :Thumbs Up:

Thanks. I was hoping for some pig spots, but I can't complain. I was on the verge of getting skunked!

like i said last year...and it was my opinion only....seems like NPH is gettin slower and slower each year...as it seems with fishing ANYWHERE these days.... :(

Yo GD, I haven't fished NPH long enough to say that it's getting slower each year, but I fished the same stretch last year on the same day and hammered the fish. So I was expecting the same results. :Neutral: It's like the fish just took off to another part of the island. :Surprised: Just gotta find'em again. :Cool: Good to hear from you.

lngbchfnhnter
03-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Nice going guys!!

murrieta angler
03-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Hey Jaysuuun,
Good job getting out there with Tess.
I knew you wouldn't let a girl whoop ya..hehe
J/K I know she's a good fisherwoman.
You needed to get your hali stretcher out for that 21"er.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

BrandonFish
03-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Glad you found a few !

Are you Tim?

J,
glad you were able to get out and work your magic for some thrill. Dont be afraid to get in the water next time = )

I was out saturday was in 3 differnt places in the harbor didnt see you guys? unless it wasnt saturday . . .

Maz
03-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Yes Brandon, I R Tim. I post (lurk) as Maz here.

BrandonFish
03-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Yes Brandon, I R Tim. I post (lurk) as Maz here.

I felt good getting you on that redemption bite Good fishing.

jayson theres a tournament around the corner shoot me a pm if interested.

flyngby
03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Jaysuuun,

You should listen to Tesserz more often! Not many enjoy that generosity / treatment on the home front.

But then again I understand your hesitation and excuses as she seems to put a whoop"in on you when you go out together!

You 2 are just a little rusty with the time off!

Jaysuuun
03-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Nice going guys!!

Thanks. I miss your surf reports. Hope to see one from you soon.

Hey Jaysuuun,
Good job getting out there with Tess.
I knew you wouldn't let a girl whoop ya..hehe
J/K I know she's a good fisherwoman.
You needed to get your hali stretcher out for that 21"er.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Robert, seems like most of the harbor butts are shorties. I think they all venture out to the surf when they hit the legal size for the SWAT team to get a crack at them. :LOL:

J,
glad you were able to get out and work your magic for some thrill. Dont be afraid to get in the water next time = )

I was out saturday was in 3 differnt places in the harbor didnt see you guys? unless it wasnt saturday . . .

jayson theres a tournament around the corner shoot me a pm if interested

Yo Brandon we were fishing on Saturday, but we didn't see any tubers out there. I guess we were fishing on opposite ends of the harbor. How'd you do out there?

Shoot me a pm about the tourney. I may be interested. :Cool:

Jaysuuun,

You should listen to Tesserz more often! Not many enjoy that generosity / treatment on the home front.

But then again I understand your hesitation and excuses as she seems to put a whoop"in on you when you go out together!

You 2 are just a little rusty with the time off!

Steve, I can't agree with you more. I should jump on every fishing opportunity she throws at me. And yes she seems to out fish me on our fishing ventures... sometimes. :Wink:

It's good to hear from you buddy. Hope to fish with you soon. :Cool:

BrandonFish
03-08-2011, 11:21 PM
We did great venturing into new spots top 5 heaviest fish for the day were 10.5-12 pounds.(bag limit) We caught 2 16 inchers and 1 16+ incher (spots) then met with john forget when, i know it was dark and he had aproblem with his tube nothing duck tape couldnt fix though hahahaha. . . he pulled in a beasty spotty as soon as i was passing out on my tube. . . he has pics.

dinks to pigs decent day just had to be on the fish..

troutdog
03-08-2011, 11:45 PM
You guys will have those fish dailed in shortly, wtg on the fish and thanks for the report...

TD

lagunaCOCONUT
03-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Awesome report and great to see you guys get on some spots! A girl that ASKS you to take her fishing... you are a lucky guy my friend!

LC

bayfishingjunkie
03-11-2011, 08:21 PM

I agree with you on that GD. I have been fishing the bays and harbors around here for over 35 years. NPH used to be flat out amazing. In the 80's we would rent the bay boats and never have to move much. the early 90's were out of this world ...the summer of 92 I fished every night and would bring different people along to experience the fishing. I would fish the ferry boat crossing from shore and never move spots at all. There was not a night that went by without catching at least 20 or more nice spotties. in fact my personal best of 5.8 pounds came that summer. all of them caught on chartreuse curl tail grubs dragged super slow across the bottom. Long beach and alamitos were also going off in those years as well. I have yet to have days like those around here anymore. only exception being San Diego bay ...that place is still incredible day in and day out. great job on the fish bty

Wingnut
03-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Jason & Tess, really good to see a report from you two. :Big Grin:
Rust? What rust...? :Envious: Congrats on the harbor catch and hope you guys find more time to hit the harbor, or the surf again soon. :Wink:
Just received a S.W.A.T. memo that I might be joining a NPH mission very soon. :Secret:

Jaysuuun
03-15-2011, 11:30 PM
You guys will have those fish dailed in shortly, wtg on the fish and thanks for the report...

TD

I sure hope so. I haven't had that much time to fish, but I'm hoping all that will change after school is over. :Cool:

Awesome report and great to see you guys get on some spots! A girl that ASKS you to take her fishing... you are a lucky guy my friend!

LC

Yeah, she's a keeper. :Smile: Like most girls, she used to think that fishing was boring and involved a lot of sitting around and getting sunburned. I think I've done a pretty good job of changing that. Well maybe not the sunburned part. :LOL:

Jason & Tess, really good to see a report from you two. :Big Grin:
Rust? What rust...? :Envious: Congrats on the harbor catch and hope you guys find more time to hit the harbor, or the surf again soon. :Wink:
Just received a S.W.A.T. memo that I might be joining a NPH mission very soon. :Secret:

Arthur, me and Tess are just trying to warm up. We're hoping to put in a few more surf ventures this year because we're getting tired of these near legal harbor halis. :Surprised: It's such a tease! :LOL:

Spotted Fever back in NPH! Sweet! Can't wait to see the report. :Cool:

ghetto dad
03-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I got a NICE zebra perch down there yesterday day J!! :) Those things pull RIDICULOUSLY hard, i LOVE it!! I only fished about 15 minutes....

ghetto dad
03-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I agree with you on that GD. I have been fishing the bays and harbors around here for over 35 years. NPH used to be flat out amazing. In the 80's we would rent the bay boats and never have to move much. the early 90's were out of this world ...the summer of 92 I fished every night and would bring different people along to experience the fishing. I would fish the ferry boat crossing from shore and never move spots at all. There was not a night that went by without catching at least 20 or more nice spotties. in fact my personal best of 5.8 pounds came that summer. all of them caught on chartreuse curl tail grubs dragged super slow across the bottom. Long beach and alamitos were also going off in those years as well. I have yet to have days like those around here anymore. only exception being San Diego bay ...that place is still incredible day in and day out. great job on the fish bty

yeah..thats on my "to do" list is to fish down in SD bay....ive wanted to do that for years...

sorry about the thread jack jay! ;)