PDA

View Full Version : 1 stripey and 1 lmb (Fresno Co. report)

LeeRoy Jenkins!
03-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Hit the water at 8am, the first spot I wanted to try was already being fished by 2 car loads of bait n waiters, worked upstream of them for about 45 minutes for nada, so I jumped in the car and moved to another spot I had seen on Google Earth. Twenty minutes later I'm fishing again just below a bridge by one those blue pumps and wham! Nice 21" striper takes the KPN at the end my retrieve... At this point I'm pumped and thinkin I'm gonna get my limit today... A few casts later I get a short strike right at the concrete, cast again, bring it in quickly to the same spot and whammo! Then I see a 17" LMB go airborne right my feet :EyePop: Wasn't what I was hopin for, but I was still happy to break the 1 duct fish barrier! Wound up havin to leave earlier than I had planned cause my wife and daughter had went to breakfast with my bro' n law and she forgot her house key, but still had a blast... Water has cleared up VERY slightly and both fish hit on a fast retrieve. Both had empty stomachs btw, and 2 fish were harmed in the making of this story :LOL:

yolo
03-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Way to go! Seems like when the duct wants to produce it produces consistently as far as miles apart. We got triple limits too today.

trail blazer
03-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Great job LRJ!!

Freekin INVASIVE lmb,,,,,,,,,,,,its gettin so you cant get by the SLABS and LMB to get to the real fish!

TRAIL BLAZER

Dalizzy07
03-06-2011, 10:04 AM
good post.

Lucky Lager
03-06-2011, 07:11 PM
nice report & catch!
hope they get more active down here soon. i haven't seen a chaser in a looong time. i'm pretty sure i've dropped my lure right on the heads of last couple i've cought

yolo
03-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Sometimes that's what it takes. Dropping the lure right on their head.

Cableguy
03-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Nice job. Was that KPN on the bottom or top? Looks like a top water lure.

fishinone
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Nice catch. The dict seems to be heating up. I'm going to have to go again.

Lipripper93561
03-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Way to go on pulling them in. I have that same salt striker reel, I've had it for about six or so years and still works like a champ, too bad they're not making those anymore.

yolo
03-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Nice catch. The dict seems to be heating up. I'm going to have to go again.

Might want to get some cream or pills for that "dict heat", lol.

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-10-2011, 05:27 PM
congrats on da catches.....way ta slay em down..

Keep up the good work and congrats : )

Gary

LeeRoy Jenkins!
03-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Haven't figured out the "multi reply with quote" thing yet, but it was a KPN Skinny Shad fished about 3 feet below the surface with a pretty fast retrieve, next goal is to figure out the bite on soft plastics... The "Salt Striker" reel rocks! had mine for 9 years and put alot of miles on it, think its a Abu 5600 or 6600 series with the Cabelas logo on it, but man they last!

Loye
03-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Nice job LeeRoy, yea man I live down in Visalia, Im thinking of hitting the duct up near Huron sometime in the next couple days. How was the water clarity over there ?

LeeRoy Jenkins!
03-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Nice job LeeRoy, yea man I live down in Visalia, Im thinking of hitting the duct up near Huron sometime in the next couple days. How was the water clarity over there ?

Sorry about not getting back to ya quicker, the water clarity has been pretty bad, maybe 2 to 3 feet of vis max...

cutbait
03-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Nicely done leeroy, I can't see how I didn't give ya your props yet?

My apologies, you put up a nice northern area duct report

Have you seen the youtube clip of the 39 lber caught up your way on the BBZ shad?

LeeRoy Jenkins!
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Nicely done leeroy, I can't see how I didn't give ya your props yet?

My apologies, you put up a nice northern area duct report

Have you seen the youtube clip of the 39 lber caught up your way on the BBZ shad?

No apology necessary bro! Yeah that was a PIG!!!