PDA

View Full Version : DVL Outing, Friday March 4th

sevenout
03-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, as the dog returns to it's vomit, so I went back to take another shake at the 'Jewel'. This time my fishing buddy and I teamed up with a mutual friend who has a fully rigged bass boat, participated in several local tournaments and fishes DVL several times a month.

Off we went dialing in on his GPS waypoints, fishing 30' to 50' depths around humps, drop offs, secondary point etc. Long story short, 3 bass all about 2# caught on Morning Dawn D/S rigs. Just another typical day for me and doubly disappointing for our skipper who prognosed a 7 to 10 fish day. Did everything right, according to the books, light flouro carbon line, switched up colors, even ice jiggged for a while.

Felt a little better when the DFG chick, who was creel counting at the dock, said that the average take per boat that day was 3 with the high number being 11.

I better start collecting those cans and bottles and save up for Art Berry or some other local guide to wrest the stence of DVL from my throat.

On a lighter note. Great to be out on the water, beautiful weather and light winds.

Wormdoodler
03-06-2011, 10:16 AM
I was out on Thursday and Friday and had awsome day's with fish all above 3#, I dont see the problem with this lake being so tough. It's only tough to the people that cant put the time and effort into locating and working areas. I do want to add a side note regarding Friday though. Obviously there must be an upcoming tourny because the lack of boater etiquite to those fishing spots was evident. The bassers with big fancy boats must have to try and show off there goods by haulin *** to where someone is fishing and drive around the area to see what there are doing there and then leaving as fast as they came in. That messed up my fishing time and it was getting pretty old by noon. SO TO ALL WHO READ THIS AND ALL WHO HAVE BOATS KEEP YOUR DISTANCE OR A SALTWATER JIG MIGHT LAND IN YOUR BOAT NEXT TIME. Please be courtious to others.

Wormdoodler
03-06-2011, 10:33 AM
OH BY THE WAY, I WOULDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT LAUNCHING A JIG TO ANYONES BOAT BUT JUST TRYING TO MAKE A POINT. Please be courtiuos to others.

HuskerRod
03-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Well, as the dog returns to it's vomit, so I went back to take another shake at the 'Jewel'. This time my fishing buddy and I teamed up with a mutual friend who has a fully rigged bass boat, participated in several local tournaments and fishes DVL several times a month.

Off we went dialing in on his GPS waypoints, fishing 30' to 50' depths around humps, drop offs, secondary point etc. Long story short, 3 bass all about 2# caught on Morning Dawn D/S rigs. Just another typical day for me and doubly disappointing for our skipper who prognosed a 7 to 10 fish day. Did everything right, according to the books, light flouro carbon line, switched up colors, even ice jiggged for a while.

Felt a little better when the DFG chick, who was creel counting at the dock, said that the average take per boat that day was 3 with the high number being 11.

I better start collecting those cans and bottles and save up for Art Berry or some other local guide to wrest the stence of DVL from my throat.

On a lighter note. Great to be out on the water, beautiful weather and light winds.

Hey Wormdoodler,

You ever throw a saltwater jig at my boat a worm its gonna be shoved so far about your backside doodle its gonna take a Yankee doodle to pull to out.

(pause)

Just kidding, just kidding....occasional I like to act tough to see what it feels like. I feel your plight about boat etiquette. Some of those guys out there are real run and gunners and some are as considerate as they can be. One guy came by me (gunning) and must have been looking for structure as he kept doing run and guns in and out of the area looking at his finder versus the horizon. I had to reposition a few times just to avoid him. Then he threw the hammer down and barreled out of there about sending me into the drink. I felt like I was on a tightrope trying to balance on the front of the boat. Last I saw from him he was zipping across the lake doing about 80 mph.

Wormdoodler
03-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Got some attention cool. have fun fishing and at the end of the day ask yourself? Did you have Fun? What did you learn? and did you catch fish? not in that order of coarse> have fun fishing. see ya

diamondbear
03-06-2011, 04:19 PM
WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG , lol lol Some people just dont have a clue !