PDA

View Full Version : Im finally pouring my own Trout Worms

Slims
03-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I have been wanting to make my own plastics for a long time. I finally have begun to do it. I havent had a chance to fish them yet, but my buddy did and he scored a few trout on them at santa fe dam. I bought the softest plastisol they make, so they have sick action in the water, but I dont know how long they will stay on the hook after a fish. They might be one fish lures this batch. Im going to buy the medium plastic next time so the plastics are more sturdy. Anyway. now Im experimenting with colors/ This is what I have so far:

On the left side on top is a bright brass worm, looks like a brand new penny.
Under that is minnow silver with tiny flake
under that is orange
under that is natural earth worm
On the top right is deep dark red russet
Under that is bubblegum
and bottom right is laker lemon peal.

So many option now that Im making my own baits. I have over 500 worms already, and I just started.

Slims
03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I forgot to add the image

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7725/troutworms.jpg

Anthony I.
03-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Hey man... Those look pretty good... Any chance I could try a few out? Maybe $5 for an assortment of different colors.... Dozen or two? It would just be for fun and I'll give u feedback...

carpanglerdude
03-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Hey, great work!

Rooster
03-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Ya did a really nice job, Do they sink or float?

Ifishtoolittle
03-05-2011, 11:10 PM
How did you make your mold for the worms? Oh and what materials did you use to make the mold? Thanks.

Thisfool
03-05-2011, 11:31 PM
How did you make your mold for the worms? Oh and what materials did you use to make the mold? Thanks.

there are several company's that sale molds that would produce nearly identical to these worms

they look great by the way

Ifishtoolittle
03-05-2011, 11:34 PM
there are several company's that sale molds that would produce nearly identical to these worms

they look great by the way

They do cost more than making my own though. I was planning on making some bass worms with the molds.

Slims
03-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the positive responses guys. They do float and are super soft. Anthony-that would be good. I need some nonbiased feedback. The only person that has fished these things I have known for 15 years. IM me and we can work something out.

CALFISHER4EVR
03-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Nice!!! I have been pouring for years. You will be hooked on custom pours and never buy worms from the store ever again. There is a definite advantage to super soft hand pours plastics. You can also add scent to the mix before heating it up or add to the outside of worms. A real advantage!!

BackReel909
03-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Just wait till you hook up on something you made , it's too cool. Those look awesome. Try some hardener too...

the killa fish taco
03-06-2011, 10:26 PM
the pink and the yellow look GREAT!!!

Anthony I.
03-07-2011, 08:55 PM
PM sent Slims

anglerfl
03-15-2011, 10:10 PM
hey I live in el monte If you want I can get some of those worms use them and give you feedback. and did you make your own mold or you bought it?