PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable Navy TOURNAMENT PREFISHING EVENT on 3/12! FREE FLOAT TUBE LAUNCH! +$2 off!

sapdawg11
03-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Hi Guys and Gals!

The excitement about the Inflatable Navy Homecoming Event has been unreal. I can’t tell you enough how much I’m looking forward to meeting all of you, having a blast fishing, and giving out a ton of unreal prizes! And the Lakes expressed to me that they really want to see you guys out there ABSOLUTELY KILLING the fish the day of the event! So I somewhat jokingly expressed to them that it would be “really cool if they let you guys fish SARL the week before the event at a discounted rate so that everyone can get dialed in and catch some fish from their float tubes.” Ha ha, right? WRONG!! They LOVED the idea AND THAT’S WHAT THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ALL ABOUT!!!!!

After a 2 year hiatus of float tubing on Santa Ana River Lakes, we could all use a little bit of time on the water to knock the “rust” off and figure things out at SARL again. A ton of us used to CONSISTENTLY SLAY ‘em out there before they shut down access to float tubes and NOW it’s time to find that rhythm again. Find out where the fish are, how to work our drifts, and find what baits these fish want to eat! Thus, Santa Ana River Lakes is hosting the INFLATABLE NAVY TOURNAMENT PREFISHING EVENT on March 12, the Saturday before the tournament.

This will be your opportunity to come out and fish with the Inflatable Navy "veterans" so that you can learn the lake and put the “wood to ‘em” on the day of the event. If you’re already a veteran, this will be your chance to get back into the swing of things so that you can really increase your odds at scoring the cash. If you’re new, come tag along and we’ll teach you everything we can in a day so that you’ll have the best chance you could have of winning the big money too!!!! We are going to kick all around the lake, get things dialed in, take a bunch of video and pictures and the kicker is that by printing the coupon below, YOU’RE FLOAT TUBE LAUNCH FEE WILL BE WAIVED! Further, I’ll be at the gate from 5:30 am until the gate opens at 6:00 am handing out $2 off entry DISCOUNT COUPONS to the float tubers that show up the day of the Prefishing event. That’s a $7 savings OR you can think of it as 25% off entry! Plus, they are stocking TAILWALKERS this week so there should be plenty of opportunities to really test out your rods and reels as well!!

A huge thanks to Santa Ana River Lakes for letting us do this. Really, they are the ones that need to be thanked and not me, all I did was ask…in a somewhat “kind of joking but not” sort of way of course!!

To have your Float Tube Launch Fee waived all you have to do is print out the coupon below and bring it with you to the lake on March 12. For those that don’t know how to do that, here is all you have to do…

Step 1) Right click the coupon and select “Save Target As…” (Some web browsers may have this listed as “Save Image As…)

Step 2) Choose a file name and destination for the image. The easiest place to save it would be your desktop.

Step 3) Open the image file and select “Print” and you are all set!!!

If you are having trouble with any of this just shoot me a pm with your email address and I will send you the image via email. You MUST bring this coupon with you to have your Float Tube Launch Fee waived.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/sapdawg11/PrefishingCoupon.jpg

I will keep my “ear to the ground” and will update this thread with the “must-have” baits that I would bring with you for the prefishing event. I would definitely suggest getting your hands on some trout worms in orange, chartreuse, and white. Minijigs in yellow/white, white, chartreuse, and chartreuse/orange would be great to have in your arsenal too. I would also recommend some size BBB, #5, and #7 splitshots. If you have some slip bobbers those would be great as well. Grab some chartreuse and/or rainbow dough baits if you want. And the eggs are great too! There are a BUNCH of guys that are PROS at getting the fish to want the “Powermouse” and if you want to see what they are doing, NOW’S YOUR CHANCE!!!

I will be fishing that day but FAR MORE IMPORTANT to me than getting to pull on some fish is helping you guys prepare for the event. I’ll even put the rods away if it means getting you guys on fish. Especially the new float tubers! Any question you have is welcomed and NO question is too “rookie”!! And I’ve already talked to some of the other Inflatable Navy “veterans” about this and they feel the same way too! ASK AWAY! And to all of you “veterans” that want to do your own thing, find your own fish, and keep those secrets for the tourney, THAT’S 110% OK TOO!!!! This is entirely your time!!

Thanks again. Let’s get this thread up to 50 pages of replies of people saying they’ll be there!! Ok, maybe 1000 replies is a bit extreme, but having a bunch of you guys and gals out there for the Prefishing event would be a BLAST!!!!!!!! SEE YOU THERE!!!
Cheers,
Aaron

kirkboat
03-05-2011, 03:22 PM
iam in.....kirkboat

CALFISHER4EVR
03-05-2011, 03:43 PM
As of now I'm in with u dawg +1

sapdawg11
03-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Awesome! Really looking forward to seeing you there Calfish!! And for those that don't know Kirk, he slays 'em. I don't know if I've ever met someone with more tricks up their sleeve than Kirk. And by "tricks" I mean "trout killing contraptions"! The guy takes standard rigs, goes "Kirk" with 'em, and every time you look at the guy, he's bent! And even better, I see him putting other people out there on fish all of the time. Stoked that you can make it Kirk. My apologies if this means you get followed around a bit more than usual on Saturday!!

crashdavis13
03-07-2011, 08:05 AM
This is a great idea Sapdawg!
I will be looking forward to getting our there this weekend.
This will be only my second time out on my new tube so I need the practice.

Poxy Boggards
03-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Wish I could make it, but I'll be in Vegas this weekend. I Fished SARL on Saturday, and the bite was slow to say the least. Couldn't get bit on the plastics dropshot or splitshot. Got a couple of bites on bait, but that was it. Good luck out there!

sapdawg11
03-07-2011, 09:12 PM
This is a great idea Sapdawg!
I will be looking forward to getting our there this weekend.
This will be only my second time out on my new tube so I need the practice.

Awesome buddy! Looking forward to meeting you.

Wish I could make it, but I'll be in Vegas this weekend. I Fished SARL on Saturday, and the bite was slow to say the least. Couldn't get bit on the plastics dropshot or splitshot. Got a couple of bites on bait, but that was it. Good luck out there!

Bummer man! Was hoping you could make it!! We'll get things wired on Saturday and don't worry...we accept beer for info!

Seems that the past few days people have been picking away at 'em mostly on bait (nightcrawlers and dough baits) but I have a feeling that that's going to change...The weather is calling for a nice day on Saturday with maybe a few clouds in the sky. Should be a really nice day!!! Nice to see the "weekend weather" staying away for the weekend (knock on wood)!!!!

This is great guys! Be sure to print out the coupon, bring it with you AND come see me at the gate! I've got a stack of coupons for you all and want to make sure you are getting the full savings. THANKS!!!!!

sapdawg11
03-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey guys,

2 quick things....

First, do you have one of these????

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7L-yzKQODXz8Q2Ldctj4RHT78fNAcn-ihnsBPKpyz2PTsVbPr
OR one of these?
http://www.elec-intro.com/EX/05-13-15/walkie-talkie-cobra-mt750-pack.jpg

If you have a vhf radio or a walkie talkie, BRING IT WITH YOU TO BOTH THE PREFISHING EVENT AND THE ACTUAL TOURNAMENT!! Especially the prefishing event. I'll be bringing mine with me and will be communicating any info that I can to put you guys on fish. We'll be using the FRS (walkie talkie) frequencies so that we avoid any potential VHF issues. This means that all you would need to participate in the chatter is a cheap and easy walkie talkie like the one pictured above. Most of these can be picked up as a pair from Wal Mart for $40 or so. Split that with a buddy and you can join the conversation for around twenty bucks. We'll start the day on FRS channel 07 with no encoding. If you have a standard walkie talkie and have no idea what any of that means, just bring it along and we'll see if we can get ya setup. It'll be fun to get some chatter going among the various "battleships" in the 'Navy! The shore anglers (we'll call them the "artillery"!) are more than welcome to bring their walkie talkies too!! Keep the conversation "on topic" as using the walkie's for nothing but trash talk will result in most people simply turning them off...and if you want to hear any updated info regarding hot bites/baits/etc., that's the last thing you want to have happen!

Second, completely unrelated, but still kind of fun...I thought I'd throw a diving vid in the thread! I had this posted in the general discussion section but thought you guys wouldn't mind checking it out here too!!! Pardon the Disney music...my wife wanted the vid to show to her first graders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjIY7j2-W94

Thanks guys, I can't wait for the weekend!!!!!!!!

sapdawg11
03-10-2011, 03:49 PM
***UPDATE***

Hey guys,

So some fun news...The Inflatable Navy Prefishing Event will now have a bit of competition added to the mix!

The person that catches the heaviest trout from a float tube this Saturday (3/12) at the PREFISHING EVENT will win a FREE ENTRY good at either Santa Ana River Lakes or Corona Lake ANY TIME YOU WANT TO GO!!! Not to mention that you'll be immortalized as the current reigning float tube champion...until the official Inflatable Navy Tournament of course!!! No extra fee required to participate. If 2 fish are equal in weight, the first one to the scales wins. Final weigh-in at 3:00pm. This is ONLY for the float tubers so be ready for a bit of friendly competition among your fellow Inflatable Navy crewman!!

ALSO, if you can't print out the Prefishing Event Coupon and/or don't feel like getting to the lake before 6 am to get your discount coupons from me, stop by the SARL/Corona Lake booth at the Fred Hall Show. We've printed a bunch of the Prefishing Event coupons out and will also be passing out the $2 off entry coupons that you'll be able to use this weekend. FURTHER, I'll be at the booth this Friday night and Saturday night (after we're done fishing of course!) and would really enjoy some company that wants to "talk tubin'" so please do stop by if you happen to be at the show!!! If you stop by, I may just "accidentally" throw a few extra discount entry coupons your way but we'll keep that between us mmmm-k???

I'm so anxious to get on the water that I can barely stand it. Just thinking about killing Tailwalkers at the bubble hole has me giddy!!! Bring your rods, reels, float tubes, and a million questions and you'll have a bunch of people there willing and able to help you out. Thanks guys.

CALFISHER4EVR
03-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey Dawg, You should just give me that, "free entry" when I get there in the morning Saturday. Because I will take the biggest trout on the pre-fish event. The smack talk has started!!!

sapdawg11
03-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey Dawg, You should just give me that, "free entry" when I get there in the morning Saturday. Because I will take the biggest trout on the pre-fish event. The smack talk has started!!!

HA! Way to break the ice Calfish!!! The line has been drawn guys and gals...WOOHOO!

JohnnyBoy
03-10-2011, 09:51 PM
SapDawg

The chronic crew will be there with you. Weve been pre-fishing the pre-fishing event. Were on it. Doug and myself will be there for sure, and we believe two more chronic crew members have semi committed. In any event, were excited about all the fun and the great fish waiting to be caught. Were laying down the gauntlett to everyone to take us down, were like the boyscouts PREPARED.

JohnnyBoy
03-10-2011, 09:55 PM
iam in.....kirkboat

kirkboat, johnnyboy here, I'll need you to net my DD fish as my net is to small. See you on the water.

Coach D'
03-10-2011, 11:16 PM
inflateable pontoon allowed for the event.

kirkboat
03-11-2011, 07:51 AM
i can do do it............kirk

sapdawg11
03-11-2011, 07:14 PM
C'mon Kirk!!!! You can come up with a better comeback then that! Something like..."johnny, you couldnt catch a Double D at spearmint rhino" would have worked!!!

Alright guys, im sitting at fred hall but wanted to give you the scoop for tomorrow...

I will be at the gate starting at 5:30 tomorrow handing out discount coupons for anyone that needs them. BE SURE TO PRINT OUT YOUR FLOAT TUBE LAUNCH COUPONS!

Stopped by the lake on my way to the show...fish were loving the dough baits. Im going to fish the plastics pretty hard anyways tomorrow and see if I can get them to go on that. Saw a few fish caught on the yellow/white powermouse as well. Should be a blast!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

HBAR
03-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Hey bro :Not Worthy: you know what I'm talking about :LOL: