PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood 3/4/11

a321eric
03-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Fished Silverwood today on my home from Riverside. Got there about 3:30 then fished til 5. Unfortunately, I caught the :Skunk: but it was a nice evening out there. Water was down about 5 feet again but was nearly glassed over by 4:30. In cleghorn there is already vegetation/moss growing on the bottom of the lake. Water felt really cold but it should heat up in the next few weeks and hope full push some fish shallower. Anyways, after the park closed I decided to go to the Dam and I walked over and fished at the other end, near the spillway. Still caught the :Skunk: but I did see quite a few boils between 5 and 6.

Is anyone else doing good at Silverwood, Im limited to shore fishing until I replace my popped float tube. :/ any info would help. Thanks.

-Eric

carpanglerdude
03-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the report, sorry to hear about the skunk.

a321eric
03-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Ya, but thats just how the wood is. I was there a couple weeks ago when it was colder and caught a nice bass in the same spot. Yesterday was great conditions, just no bites :/

oh well. might try again tomorrow

CHUCKY
03-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Sucks to get skunked. I usually do get skunked there but the scenery is always nice.

seal
03-06-2011, 09:07 AM
The bass bite is going to be tough from shore for another few weeks or unless Spring decides to come early. LMB's are actually doing pretty good for this time of the year at Silverwood but are being caught in a little deeper water, but not too deep, so a boat/tube/kayak or whatever would really help. As for the trout, they are scattered all over the lake at the creek inlets (lot's of creek inlets). Stripers are hit and miss. If the weather continues nice you should see a nice turnaround on the fishing conditions within the month, water temp. is around 54 so it is starting to warm up.

I'm predicting a real good spring/summer/fall this year, but I seem to predict that every year, positive thinking I guess. The last couple have been a little down on the topwater action but water temp was down last year, maybe warmer water better catching this year.

Jig-Guy
03-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Hi @321eric,
Thanks for your report and next time you get out the :Skunk: should be on vacation. I look forward to your future reports. I have caught a lot of fish at Silverwood and will be back up there soon.
TL
Bill / jig-guy

a321eric
03-06-2011, 11:57 AM
@Bill thanks i think he should take a summer long vacation. ha

@Seal ya i hear ya. i have been to lazy to fix my tube. it has a small hole on the seam. :/