PDA

View Full Version : SARL 3-4 in my tube

Redside
03-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I finally had time to break out my float tube and try my luck at SARL. Since I am relatively new to tubing, I got kind of a late start. It took me a while to get all of my gear organized, but I made it on to the water by 8:30 a.m.

I have only float tubed a couple of times, and always with a fly rod, so that is what I decided to go with. I had on a slow sinking line, my plan was to fish as many different depths as I could.

I launched at the boat dock and paddled my way down toward the bubble hole. I had what I thought was a hit, but after thinking about it, it was probably the bottom.

I was fishing with a black wooly bugger, with another hook about 12" behind. On this hook, I tried various color power worms, and power mouse combos.

The weather was beautiful, in fact I started to overheat around 10:00. I had to make a stop and remove my jacket.

Overall, it was a slow day. I only saw a few fish caught by shore anglers.

The water is stained, which is typical for SARL, visibility maybe 3 feet or so. It didn't appear to be muddy. The water was actually better than I expected, give we had the rain last weekend.

I finally quit around 1:00. I got a serious workout. I'm going to sleep pretty good tonight.

Before I try float tubing again, I am going to rig up some way to mount my fish finder. Since they stocked Wed. and Thurs., I know the fish are in there.

I talked to a couple of anglers, some folks did have luck in Chris' Pond.