PDA

View Full Version : Lake Dixon FATTY

fishindude420
03-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Headed out to lake dixon for the day with my buddy whitt. We were hoping to see a couple fat females moving up
on beds but the cold front and rain that came in pushed em back out deep. It was a slow day to say the least.We
went all day without a bite. dropshot, ika, swimbaits, rattletraps, cranks, rip baits, u name it we worked it. The fish
were out there deep they just had lockjaw and didn't want to commit for us. Its getting close to the end of the day
now and were just about to give up. I see a beautiful point that ive caught fish on in the past but wasnt holding
most of the day. I cast off it and shake it twice. I feel a lil babyl tick then slow moving. Im thinking probably a dink
bass but atleast im gonna break the skunk today! So i swing and fish on! I knew right away she was a piggie when i felt the weights of her.
Dead weight and she couldnt get her body out of water when she boiled. Then she bolts straight for shore and
tries to snap me off. Whittney jumps on the trolling motor and pushes us out perfect so i can get leverage to pull her out. And he almost went swimming in the process. LOL THANKS WHITT U SAVED MY ***! Then she shoots out and starts peelin line to deep i know i got her now! A few seconds later we see color and whitt thumbs her first chance he gets! Whitt did a great job as she was BARELY hooked and any more pressure on her would of popped it right out. Beautiful prespawn female and my pb for dixon!

sweetfish
03-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Great looking fish and congrats. Rumors say Dotty's sister still swimming around. Who knows she might break Dotty's weight of 25.1lbs

Hog Caller
03-04-2011, 10:21 AM
NIIIIIICE Fish!
Let's hope it doesn't turn into a zoo for you guys down there this year.

fishindude420
03-04-2011, 10:32 AM
Yah i got a feeling it will get packed when the weather starts warming up and they start spawning. Its all good cuz half the people get stuck on beds sight fishing the small males all day which is fine with me :) They dont have enough patience to sit on a big female and wait for her to get in the mood or fish out deep for a hungry prespawner. oh btw we saw jed dickerson out there yesterday probably looking for dotties sister!

Piss on Myspace
03-04-2011, 12:22 PM
awesome report...thats a pig right there!

vortec_cruiser
03-04-2011, 12:50 PM
That's a very impressive bass. Nice job. Hopefully, it was released to produce more pigs.

fishindude420
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
nah i threw it on the stringer and ate it for dinner. and had the eggs as caviar on crackers. Lol. jk bro i defenitely released her. Ive been bass fishing for about 15plus years and never kept a bass yet so you dont have to worry about me:) Its those dang poachers u gotta worry about!

vortec_cruiser
03-04-2011, 04:13 PM
I would like to know a little more about that bass shown in your avatar. :-)

flyforfish21
03-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Nice fish man! A few places around are about to pop open soon! Hard work payed off big time.

Geoff

fishindude420
03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
I would like to know a little more about that bass shown in your avatar. :-)

What would you like to know? She was a toad and i released her aswell. :)

fishindude420
03-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Nice fish man! A few places around are about to pop open soon! Hard work payed off big time.

Geoff

Thanks man. Yah defenitely these shallow lakes are going off a lot sooner then i thought. Stuck quite a few fatties in the past week. But it was nice to get out of town and stick a toad! cant wait till another month the big girls should be on the chew at dixon!

vortec_cruiser
03-04-2011, 07:35 PM
What would you like to know? She was a toad and i released her aswell. :)

A paragraph or two about it would be nice. :-)

fishindude420
03-04-2011, 08:36 PM
theres really not much to say. Im not telling the weight cuz theres haters on this site and im not saying where it was cuz its a small lake and it would get hammered even more but she was a monster and i got her slow rollin a chatter

Socal Bassman
03-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Very nice fish you got there indeed. Good job on sticking that piggie!

vortec_cruiser
03-04-2011, 09:33 PM
theres really not much to say. Im not telling the weight cuz theres haters on this site and im not saying where it was cuz its a small lake and it would get hammered even more but she was a monster and i got her slow rollin a chatter

Enough said. Thanks.

KILLA
03-09-2011, 05:21 PM
FD420, that's a beauty. Hey I have a couple weekends off coming up, you, me and Jon should set something up. Never been to lake dixon, but I've heard a lot about it with " dottie" and all. Glad you got the stripe off your back. I've had tackle warehouse dropping off a lot of new gear over the past few days. Oh, and Jon says what up!

mudskipper76
03-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah!! Good pics!