PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going the the early opener this weekend?

Fisher X
03-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Anyone going to the early opener this weekend for the Lone Pine / Independence area? Any suggestions, as I have not fished this area so early in the year before?

Joshua
03-06-2011, 08:17 AM
I was going to make the quick run, but gave up on the idea. I have done it before. There are so few spots to fish, that it isnt really worth it. Lone Pine sand trap, George and Sheppard are OK and will get crowded. Diaz seems to get the only plant of bigger fish.
Most of the creeks are too low and cold for DFG planters. So everyone gets concentrated in a few spots.

The weather in SO CAL was awesome on saturday. It was nice to be home and get some stuff done without the rain. I must be losing my mind, that I was glad I didnt go fishing. I am going to the DR on Monday to see what is wrong

sierraslam
03-06-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm gona hit up the Blake Jones trout derby next weekend. The res. is stocked heavily for the tourney. The early bird gets the Alpers. I'll be there Friday Morning. good luck.

retired96
03-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Joshua, you mentioned Sheppard, if you meant the sand trap, its on the east side of 395 and is not open for the early season... My neighbors made the mistake of fishing there a few years ago, both got tickets which cost them almost 800.00.