PDA

View Full Version : Hooping the Bays and Harbor on a boat?

blackberg
03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
so,
iv heard some places are closed due to the 9/11 security stuff,
whats generally open and whats not, say if I wanted to go hooping for lobster or fishing, the breakwalls are all off limits or just some?
Or where can I get accurate info? agency?
thanks
-bb

blackberg
03-02-2011, 10:15 PM
oh I was thinking in the LA area
-bb

Famous Ticketz
03-02-2011, 10:17 PM
omg, you are like sooo yesterday

DockRat
03-03-2011, 05:37 AM
omg, you are like sooo yesterday That was funny.

Inside of middle breakwall from Angels Gate to Queens Gate is off limits to hooping and fishing.
Stay 100 yards from any Cruise, Oil, or Container terminal. Most 'back bays' or inner harbor around container terminals are off limits to PBers. LB is more relaxed than LA.

Hit the outside of the breakwall.
Have your sheet in order cause there is a good chance of getting pulled over in LA/LB Port Police.

3 1/4 inch NOT 3 1/4 mm
DR
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e61/Richd1963/PB070080.jpg

stepchild
03-03-2011, 07:28 AM
hoop netting is illegal...it has been banned....

fishingforreds
03-03-2011, 06:33 PM
hoop netting is illegal...it has been banned....

If PETA has there way it could be....

blackberg
03-04-2011, 08:31 PM
That was funny.

Inside of middle breakwall from Angels Gate to Queens Gate is off limits to hooping and fishing.
Stay 100 yards from any Cruise, Oil, or Container terminal. Most 'back bays' or inner harbor around container terminals are off limits to PBers. LB is more relaxed than LA.

Hit the outside of the breakwall.
Have your sheet in order cause there is a good chance of getting pulled over in LA/LB Port Police.

3 1/4 inch NOT 3 1/4 mm
DR

thanks,
I should have named it hooping and fishing since I wont be able to make it hooping till the season starts again

thanks for the help
-bb

smokehound
03-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Unless you're targeting lobster out of season, I dont see any reason to hoop these areas.
If you hooped in say... NPH. All you would catch would be tiny sexually immature lobsters during the season.

they all march at the same time-- meaning virtually all the adults leave the bays and harbors for some spiny poon.