PDA

View Full Version : TM65 & a friend @ LNL 3/2/11

Troutman65
03-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I am a Elk member and at the Lodge last week a lady asked me if I would take her fishing . Most everyone knows I love fishing at the Lodge . I said sure . We planed for Thursday ( tomorrow ) but the weather guy said rain so I said lets go Wednesday .

Arrived at the lake around 7:30ish give or take 15 min. Shoreline had some open spots . . Saw a guy from last Thursday . I forgot his name . Sorry bro. I call him the kid with the Tats . I asked if I could squeeze in next to him . He said no problem . I felt bad and did not want to crowd out everyone who was already there so I set up down the shore from the spot I wanted to fish.

Set up four fishing rods . 3 with 4 lb line and one ultra light Kencor 4'8'' ( MY newest fishing rod I added to my collection of Kencor fishing rods . I had yet to catch a trout on it yet . More on that later )

So we got a couple nibbles but nothing solid. It was a beauitful day out .A little while later the kid with the tats cames over and said the spot next to him has opened up and to come on over . Great !! Now to pack up all the stuff. I have a cart to put all the crap in so it is not all that bad moving. :LOL:

Mind you , my friend Eileen has not catched a fish in over 20 years . I was playing guide today and hoping to get her onto some fish . Now at the "spot" I wanted to fish it was not long before all heck broke loose . :LOL:

I had all 4 fishing rods out with 10'' leaders . I was using inflated night crawlers with power eggs toped with Garlic Bang, Garlic power bait , chart. garlic pb.

All of a sudden my Kencor ultra light gets slamed . I set the hook and gave the rod to Eileen. In the corner of my eye I see my other fishing rod get hit . I went to tend that one while Eileen was reeling in .I get my trout to the bank ( a 2 lber ) and go over to help Eileen . At that point the fishing rod next to her gets hit . OH Sapp! I set the hook and fight it and the trout takes out the 4th rod ( tangles lines ) Eileen is still battling this trout and we all see it . It was a Big one !!! I instruct Eileen to just let it run when it wants to and to keep reeling it in . I get the trout on the shore w/ the tangled other set up . Trout was 2.8 . The kid with the tats gets hit and reels in a nice 2 pounder at the same time also . He then grabs his net to net the trout and I tell him to use my net as his was not going to be big enough for this trout . :EyePop: Eileen did a great job fighting this trout on 2 lb test ultra light set up and the trout was netted . We took it up to the tackle shop right away and it weighed 6.14 . The girl at the tackle shop recorded it and took some photos .

After getting back to the shore for more fishing I decide to fish with only 2 fishing set ups .:LOL: Eileen got one more trout . 2.0 and we decided to call it a day at 11:30 AM

Cleaned her fish and headed to the Lodge for a well deserved cold brewski & lunch .What a fun day .

Thanks for reading . If I can get the pic off LNL web site I will post it later .

tinfish
03-02-2011, 07:03 PM
The whole lake heard you guys catch that fish......she sure sounded excited!!!! 20 years and a 6#er nice!

Nessie Hunter
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Good job Eileen & Patrick!!!

CASTAWAY
03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Good job putting her on the fish Patrick.... Great job bringing the fish in too Eileen....

BigBass777
03-02-2011, 11:15 PM
After this trip she is more than likely "hooked" now. Catching or getting bit by 3 fish at once is a lot of work.

Troutman65
03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the replys guys .