PDA

View Full Version : Hansen Dam

Cableguy
03-02-2011, 07:52 AM
So I stopped by Hansen Dam in LVT yesterday after a meeting because I heard they just stocked it. There were alot of people but hardly anyone catching anything. I did see scools of the smallest trout I've ever seen. They were smaller than Sierra creek trout. Bait size at best. A couple of people said they caught a few and when they pulled up there stringer to show me I couldn't believe they wouldn't throw those back. This is what they call a stocked lake??? The county definately stocks a better quality fish in my opinion. Pretty sad:Sad:

tommibear
03-02-2011, 08:02 AM
they had some good size ones in late December 2010 and throughout January 2011...

wackyrigged
03-02-2011, 02:58 PM
That place is a joke.They should stock it good for the decent size it is,look at the board near the front it usually says 300 lbs. stocked on X day.So if it is not that day or the day after goodluck pretty much the bass and birds have taken care of it after that.Figure there are some decent bass in there but pretty pressured so I generally mark that place of my fishing waters list.:Twisted::Evil:

TROUT MASTERS
03-03-2011, 06:31 AM
That place is a s**t hole,an i dont think you want to eat enything that comes out that
hole.your best bet is c&r.
Last time i was there,was 2-3 years ago,took my 3 boys to fish for few hours.
Guy was shot in the park,cops all over the place,had to tell by boys that.
(dont worry kids its just a movie shot).
So good luck at there..
TROUT MASTERS :Cool:

HBAR
03-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Went out there today with snakeplissken and for the most part we soaked bait and told some tall tales, when all of a sudden he says dude you got a bite! So I take the rod out of holder set hook and doesn't feel like much, keep reeling in and we see a small catfish coming in but it's not really moving, as it gets closer we see a flash of white behind it about 10ft or so, I yell at him dude get your rod try to hook that one, turns out to be another cat. We soon realize the 1st one is small and is dead stiff as a board, and the second one was hooked like on 20lb test that was connected to a birds nest that my line got mixed into. We both had a good laugh and people coming from near by just to get into the excitment since no one else was catching anything.