PDA

View Full Version : 544 iron

Matador1238
08-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I bought a hand full of fish traps and big hammer swimbait, one Kicker iron and one 544 iron yesterday at Bob's. Everything was put into one paper bag during check out. When my friend took the 544 iron out of the back, he noticed the paint was coming off. When I rubbed it lightly, the paint just come off. I was like WTF.....it appeared the oil of the swimbait was eating the paint. The Kicker was not affected at all. 544 does not put a clear coat on or that they use some cheap ***** paint.
I went back to Bob's today and the guy let me exchanged it. So just a heads up....DO NOT put 544 lures together with any plastics swimbait!!
I am going to spray a layer of clear coat on mine.

Baseballer44
08-02-2007, 03:40 PM
yeah after a few uses of our painted irons, the paitn peels off like its nothing. its not that big of a deal, but it doesnt matter what you put the iron in, once it hits the water and gets a few bits the paint will be gone.

Matador1238
08-02-2007, 04:08 PM
yeah but still....the 544 lure i got hasnt even been in the water. The paint came right off by just rubbing it very lightly.
It doesnt happen to Tady and Kicker lures.

reckless_m@
08-02-2007, 05:03 PM
yeah but still....the 544 lure i got hasnt even been in the water. The paint came right off by just rubbing it very lightly.

Yeah that cant be good. Kicker has some sick colors. All my favorite irons have the paint scratched off from those fishy teeth.

Sinjin Kim
08-02-2007, 05:11 PM

Yeah that cant be good. Kicker has some sick colors. All my favorite irons have the paint scratched off from those fishy teeth.

The action is much more important than the paint job. For this reason, I prefer fishing SALAS jigs.

Funjunkie74
08-03-2007, 09:05 AM
My TADY-C Blue and Chrome is now just a CHROME.
The blue on the jig isn't even paint but a blue film that's adhered to it.
It started flaking off and then after a few casts it was peeling off!!

I gotta say, it still lands em!!

I know how you feel though, you'd rather get your jig hacked up by the fish rather than the plastics in a paper bag. Eventually you'll get to that point of fishing where it just won't matter...no worries!! LOL!!! 8)