PDA

View Full Version : wtb or trade dropshot rod

dfisher
03-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Preferably the dropshot shimano crucial spinning outfit with the split grip.

I have a Cumara casting rod that I barely use, one of the eyes in the middle is a little crooked but doesn't affect anything, only cost like 10 dollars to replace it but got lazy since it didn't affect its performance casting or catching. I'll update the model # tomorrow but I know its the 6'8 medium heavy for t-rigging, jigs etcs...

or just sell me the dropshot rod.

I wanted to try here first before I actually go buy it soon, let me know. Thanks!

WARRIORMIKE
03-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I have a loomis dropshot rod I'm bout ready to part with. I need the money for my girls softball team. I'm in the IE

JAY STEINER
03-02-2011, 08:28 AM
I may be interested in trading! I have the crucial 7'2" drop shot rod!
Give me a call if interested ( after 5 pm or text before)
Jason (714) 343-3304

dfisher
03-02-2011, 09:45 AM
warriormike - model # or specs, condition? Also how much. Thanks!

jay steiner - model # or specs, condition? Thanks!

JAY STEINER
03-02-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm not at home so I don't have th exact model #, but it's 7'2" 6-12lb dropshot rod. Its used, but still in very good shape. I also x rap the grips without glue, so the cork is probably almost brand new under the x- rap?

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
i didnt like my crucial drop shot rod.didnt cast good,and after 2 of them had to be replaced. . i ended up with a turners california rod(lifetime warrenty) 2lb to 6lb drop shot rod that cast furthur, and is far more sensitive,for $110.00..just my opinion ive landed 5 bass over 5lbs.after 53yrs of experiance, and owning numerous rods ,the crucial drop shot rods for the price dont cut it. my 7ft clarus was a lot better drop shot rod.IN MY OPINON..

kaneo
03-02-2011, 06:21 PM
that crucial is a piece of #### i sold mine for $85. i ended up with a turners california rod 2lb to 6lb drop shot rod that cast furthur, and is far more sensitive,for $110.00.and i hate turners.just my opinion ive landed 5 bass over 5lbs.after 53yrs of experiance, and owning numerous rods ,the crucial drop shot rods for the price dont cut it..
kind of harsh words, and nice way to jack this guys thread... i personally own the crucial rod and really like it for drop shotting... i dont see how you can compare a turners 2 - 6 lb. line rated rod, to a rod rated 6 - 12 line rod that is probably really whippy and more of a trout rod, and i bet it does not have the lifetime warranty like the crucial. just my 2 cents... i respect your 53 years of fishing experience, but i have to dis agree about your opinion of the crucial d/s rod... good luck with your sale dfisher

dfisher
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I rather not fish with a limp trout rod.

Also I think I might rather want to use a rod 7 foot and under, I won't be fishing deep water or need long casts..

Thanks for the insight kaneo.

bassmeister
03-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Love my crucials, been fishing with three or four of them for some years now and never a problem. Love the green coloring of the blank as well.

fishsniffin
03-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Dude, that's not fair to the person who is trying to sell his drop-shot crucial. Let him decide, the crucial lineups are fairly decent. I have the 7'2" 4-8lb drop-shot model and I highly recommond this rod. Weird, I usually hear good things about the crucial lineup and hardly any negative comments. Sorry, I'm not selling mine, goodluck with the sale or finding a decent drop-shot rod. I'd recommend the 6'8" 4-8lb med-lite for shallower water and the 7'2" 4-8lb for deeper water fishing. I used to use the cumara 7'2" 6-12lbs for dropshotting and thought it was still alittle too heavy for drop shotting, as soon as shimano comes out with the cumara series 4-8lbs I'll be buying myself one. I'd say buy the 7'2", you'll be glad you had the extra 6 inches.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-03-2011, 04:44 AM
ive reworded my orginal response .sorry guys, but i was very dissapointed with the rod, for the price.i have friends that love there crucials.

bman90278
03-03-2011, 06:37 AM
Hey D, Are you wanting to get a dropshot rod that allows you to catch over 8 bass in one day instead of your other rod that only catches 7 bass in one day? J/k

brian

dfisher
03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey D, Are you wanting to get a dropshot rod that allows you to catch over 8 bass in one day instead of your other rod that only catches 7 bass in one day? J/k

brian

hahaha... yes!!!

Pudd Legend
03-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I have the 7'2 ml. Please check your email. Let me know. Thanks

dfisher
03-03-2011, 06:34 PM
I have the 7'2 ml. Please check your email. Let me know. Thanks

sorry bro I think I am going to go with the 6'8...

so if anyone has this, speak up!