PDA

View Full Version : Attractants for swimbaits

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Here's one-
If you had a imitation trout swimbait, what scent would you put on it? This is provided that you are fishing LMB and strypers.
You wouldn't put a trout scent on it? or would you?

Would you put a scent on it at all?

bassmeister
02-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I use pro-cure trout scent on my swimmies.

Cartman
02-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Hot Sauce is a kind of gel or paste that you can add to any bait. It is an attractant, and it gives the bait a slime like live bait.

Pete Marino
02-28-2011, 07:22 PM
One scent/attractant is all you need...Its all about HOT SAUCE ..End of story.. Nothing compares PERIOD!!!

Pete

Frequent Flyer
02-28-2011, 07:24 PM
tuna juice

ThatKidCASH
02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Uni-Butter

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
03-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone for all your advice.

Mike

stepchild
03-01-2011, 01:27 PM
One scent/attractant is all you need...Its all about HOT SAUCE ..End of story.. Nothing compares PERIOD!!!

Pete

what makes you so determined on hot sauce?why is it better than uni,or procure......just want ur opion

Pete Marino
03-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Ive been using Hot Sauce for over 10 years..
I truely beleive that it works better than most attractants out there..heres why..

1.It stays on the bait longer than most scents/attractants.
2.It makes not only swimbaits but all baits slippery which in turn makes them slide through their mouth easily straight to the hook..
3.Ive used it during TOUGH bites and ToUGH bites at Night and its made a VERY noticable difference. Meaning I went from not getting bit to catching a bunch of bass..simply by applying Hot Sauce to the bait..
4. It can be used on hardbaits as well as plastics..
5. When using it on plastics the bass tend to hold onto the baits MUCH longer because of the flavor of the Hot Sauce... Its made from REAL Crawdads and other things that Bass love.

I would never only take someones word for it...Id try it ( and I have) then try others and find the scent that works best for you.. But if your on a limited budget and cant experiment with a bunch of different brands then Hot Sauce Gel is a great scent to spend your money on..
If you can go out and buy a few different brands then include Hot sauce and see the results for yourself...It flat out works... Its where I have all my confidence as far as scents are concerned... And confidence is everything in this game..

Pete

Frequent Flyer
03-01-2011, 08:53 PM
oohhh my bad i thought u wer talkin bout like tabasco or somethin. i was even guna ask wat kind works best. whoops my bad

Sublime-Steve
03-01-2011, 11:07 PM
the green tabasco man! lol

stepchild
03-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Ive been using Hot Sauce for over 10 years..
I truely beleive that it works better than most attractants out there..heres why..

1.It stays on the bait longer than most scents/attractants.
2.It makes not only swimbaits but all baits slippery which in turn makes them slide through their mouth easily straight to the hook..
3.Ive used it during TOUGH bites and ToUGH bites at Night and its made a VERY noticable difference. Meaning I went from not getting bit to catching a bunch of bass..simply by applying Hot Sauce to the bait..
4. It can be used on hardbaits as well as plastics..
5. When using it on plastics the bass tend to hold onto the baits MUCH longer because of the flavor of the Hot Sauce... Its made from REAL Crawdads and other things that Bass love.

I would never only take someones word for it...Id try it ( and I have) then try others and find the scent that works best for you.. But if your on a limited budget and cant experiment with a bunch of different brands then Hot Sauce Gel is a great scent to spend your money on..
If you can go out and buy a few different brands then include Hot sauce and see the results for yourself...It flat out works... Its where I have all my confidence as far as scents are concerned... And confidence is everything in this game..

Pete

good info.also i am trying diffrent scents,just to get my own opion.ive just bought some pro cure,i have the butter,also is this hot sauce also for the salt????

a321eric
03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
is "hot sauce gel" only good for swimbaits or can it be applied to worm fishing??

Fire Ball
03-02-2011, 04:08 PM
No scent at all is how I like it!

stepchild
03-02-2011, 04:26 PM
No scent at all is how I like it!

diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.....

Sublime-Steve
03-02-2011, 04:43 PM
pete.. where can i get the hot sauce other then online?

tacklejunkie
03-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Smelly Jelly Salmon Egg Glitter

MiM
03-03-2011, 01:30 PM
I've used hot sauce in fresh and the salt and can say it works really well. I tried others like berkley bass attractant, smelly jelly and a few others. I have to say that I noticed a difference with the hot sauce.
a321 eric you can use it for most any bait not just swimbaits. Sublime Steve the last time i bought some was at Turner's. Not sure if they carry it anymore, but if you can find some it's worth looking into.

Pete Marino
03-03-2011, 07:23 PM
You can find Hot Sauce at Edgefishing.com or they also sell it at Anglers marine, Last Chance Bait and Tackle, Sav-on tackle, Performance Tackle and most other tackle shops..

Yes you can use it in the salt as well....

And yes you can use it on other soft plastics.. Its definetly NOT a swimbait Only thing... I have personally applied it to swimbaits, all different types of soft plastics and also on hardbaits...

Pete

a321eric
03-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Nice, thanks for the info. I have been using Jacks Juice. I really like that one, especially because its aerosol.

ToadsToadsOnly
03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Good thing I read this thread I have all sorts of scents and it just reminded me the year when I was sticking a ton of LMB on swimbaits I was using Hot Sauce. Thanks for the reminder pete the hot sauce is going back in my bag. Hot sauce is a thicker gel so it does stay on your bait a lot longer. Pro cure was recommended to me recently for swimbaits but I have not noticed a difference in it. Smelly Jelly works sometime but for me somtimes it turns off the bite for me go figure.