PDA

View Full Version : Any tips?

BASSMAN418
02-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I am targeting bass and this is going to be my first time out on this lake. I will be fishing from a boat.So if anyone can give me some pointers that would be awsome!

SDDave
02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
If your going to fish the upper and have electronics on your boat use your graph to locate bait schools on main lake points and secondary points, keep a eye out got dropoffs that are close to deep water.
Fish jigs, dropshots, just make sure the fish are around.
There's some fish moving up right now into the flood brush, try a senko type bait rrigged whacky and just dead stick it and watch your line, if it moves reel down and slam it home.
Also try a fluke flylined on some light test, again get it in there zone and watch for line movement, of course make sure to look to see if there's some fish hanging around in the brush first, if there there give it some time and see if you can get them going.
Good luck, Dave

BASSMAN418
02-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks Dave for your help!!! I love to crankbait bait is it a pretty good lake to do so?

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Sound advice above, I might add that water temps are still cold so the key is to fish slow...real slow, their metabolisms will be running super slow till temps increase....

robos would be a real good bet ….
in the areas mentioned above as well as vertical jigged spoons on deeper water structure oriented feesh....
(fish the plastics as well on those areas and on those fast sloping points leading to quick dropoffs)

I'm, sure if you went and “kissed and missed” working the bluffs on the northeastern shoreline walls…. you very well might find some bedding males on the ledges on the walls but it takes some time and effort to not only locate those fish but to fish them effectively..
Those fish will be starting to get underway moreso than others as those ledges are up shallow and water slightly warmer than deepwater..

I wouldn't expect wide open stuff...u'll have to work hard for it !

Not easy to target those small ledges and you have a very small window of oprtunity..

I’d recommend a brown or black jig and pitch the hell out of them ! The wacky rigged senko mentioned above would work great too but much harder to control pitching into the bluffs but I’d say you should run both up the flag pole and see what happens..

The LMB very often bed on small ledges on the walls at this lake as well as the traditional areas…

Good luck, this is just a small fraction of possibilities, trial and error….keep trying many different methods ….

As water temps increase, you’ll find the action much easier to come by..

Good luck !
Gary

P.S.
When you believe you are fishing slow….FISH IT SLOWER !

BASSMAN418
03-01-2011, 03:04 PM
sweet thamks for the info!

gletemfeelsteelgary
03-01-2011, 03:11 PM
just noticed your from rancho cucamonga....you actually might do better at Perris right now...check their water temps..if signifigantly higher, I'd choose to go there as it is a much more basin like lake that will have higher potential for the water to get warmer quicker..

My 2 cents !

Not sure about Perris's website but castaic water temps are available on their website

BASSMAN418
03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
I have a tournament over there