PDA

View Full Version : In the market for a fish finder, any suggestions?

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
02-28-2011, 09:42 AM
My buddy has a need for a fish finder on his boat. He's got a fish n ski boat and wants to purchase one. We're taking the boat out to DVL in a couple of weeks.
I know that the big sale at BPS is going on. Any suggestions, that would'nt break the bank?

Probably, around $500-, color, maybe side imaging?

Hummingbird? Lowrance?

benichi
02-28-2011, 11:45 AM
My buddy has a need for a fish finder on his boat. He's got a fish n ski boat and wants to purchase one. We're taking the boat out to DVL in a couple of weeks.
I know that the big sale at BPS is going on. Any suggestions, that would'nt break the bank?

Probably, around $500-, color, maybe side imaging?

Hummingbird? Lowrance?

Lowrance Elite-5 DSI would be my choice great unit. look in to it. that is what im looking at getting!

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
03-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks benichi, I'll pass it along.

Mike

ToonaTangler
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Im a great fish finder and I can go on your buddies boat as well. I am alot less expensive then your traditional fish finder and you can buy me with beer! Lol

fishing2much
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi, this doesn't have anything to do with fishfinders and I may be in the wrong forum but I have a question for all. Does anyone know where I can go to have some nice reel seats installed unto my phenix rods? Please pass this on to anyone that you feel could help. I live in Corona and work in Irvine as a defense planner.
Mahalo brothers and keep a tight line.

benichi
03-01-2011, 12:32 PM
anytime buddy. you know right now i have a hummingbird 387ci but i have been looking at the Lowrance Elite-5 DSI. for an upgrade. i heard people were not impressed with the HDS models in the Lowrance line up so i stayed away from them. and hummingbird is getting expensive even though i love there products and they have always served me well.

also look at gpsonsale.com they have good prices but dont have the Lowrance Elite-5 DSI yet.