02-28-2011, 06:48 AM
HEY GUYS,I HAVEN'T FISHED PIRU CREEK FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS
USE TO TAKE BY BOYS,AND WE USE TO HAVE A BLAST,HAVENT SEE ANYONE
POSTING ANY REPORTS
THANKS FOR ANY INFO.
TROUT MASTERS :Cool:

Slick Rick
02-28-2011, 09:04 AM
I haven't fished the native preserve area below the dam of Pyramid Lake... but have fished the section above it (accessed through the forest ) and had good luck. Many of the "visitors" to this stretch of the stream have no respect for it though... they trash the water and the surrounding area. So I stay away on busy weekends when it's warm and comfortable for the rest of the world.

Lots of natives in the 6" range and I've managed a few in the 10-11" range with a nymph fly. I would think that the stream would be in great condition right now. I actually got my PB with the stream at it's lowest with almost zero flow. It was too cool... I was sight fishing little 4-6" guys, overshot into the weeds a bit and got slammed!

I don't believe the lower section (fisherman flats) has been stocked in quite a while, maybe a month? Not sure how strong the native population is down there. I'm sure it's decent if you hike up far enough.

The trick with all the streams local to us in so cal is always to trek up further then is comfortable for the average Joe.

-Rick

gogreeenz4
02-28-2011, 11:56 AM
I haven't fished the native preserve area below the dam of Pyramid Lake... but have fished the section above it (accessed through the forest ) and had good luck. Many of the "visitors" to this stretch of the stream have no respect for it though... they trash the water and the surrounding area. So I stay away on busy weekends when it's warm and comfortable for the rest of the world.

Lots of natives in the 6" range and I've managed a few in the 10-11" range with a nymph fly. I would think that the stream would be in great condition right now. I actually got my PB with the stream at it's lowest with almost zero flow. It was too cool... I was sight fishing little 4-6" guys, overshot into the weeds a bit and got slammed!

I don't believe the lower section (fisherman flats) has been stocked in quite a while, maybe a month? Not sure how strong the native population is down there. I'm sure it's decent if you hike up far enough.

The trick with all the streams local to us in so cal is always to trek up further then is comfortable for the average Joe.

-Rick

couldnt of said it better in my opion cuz the average jose hahahaha is havn a picnic and swimmin in the stream and leavn all the picnic fun behind like trash and whatever the hell else they dont want.. our streams around here have became graffiti and trash holes for the picnic people who could give a hoot less about the fish

jim young
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
couldnt of said it better in my opion cuz the average jose hahahaha is havn a picnic and swimmin in the stream and leavn all the picnic fun behind like trash and whatever the hell else they dont want.. our streams around here have became graffiti and trash holes for the picnic people who could give a hoot less about the fish
hahahahaha....! No Sh*t chet! No sh*t! Frenchmans used to be sweet back in the day for some tout action.

Slick Rick
02-28-2011, 01:04 PM
It's a shame really... There are actually signs at the spot I go to that hace cards for anglers to fill out with catch info and such, and on the same board is a sign stating "no swimming" if I'm not mistaking.

I have seen the Rangers come down there but if they do ANYTHING, it's simply a ticket or 2 for vehicles without an adventure pass. I have actually had families come down and JUMP in the pool I was working for the last 30 minutes. Makes me want to remove the fly and start tossing big irons at em' but at that point I'm already outnumbered 50:1, WTF!?

I may be going down there the weekend after next to do some dirt bike riding. I'll be bringing my rod and I'll check it out. I think it's too cold for the *** hats to be there right now, lol

gogreeenz4
02-28-2011, 01:58 PM
It's a shame really... There are actually signs at the spot I go to that hace cards for anglers to fill out with catch info and such, and on the same board is a sign stating "no swimming" if I'm not mistaking.

I have seen the Rangers come down there but if they do ANYTHING, it's simply a ticket or 2 for vehicles without an adventure pass. I have actually had families come down and JUMP in the pool I was working for the last 30 minutes. Makes me want to remove the fly and start tossing big irons at em' but at that point I'm already outnumbered 50:1, WTF!?

I may be going down there the weekend after next to do some dirt bike riding. I'll be bringing my rod and I'll check it out. I think it's too cold for the *** hats to be there right now, lol

its distcusting how little people respect our local streams.. there not to swim and leave your trash at from your picnic.. dont we ahve community swimming pools all over so cal?? no respect at all from these picnic people i hate um all.. most of them dont even speak english for sh.t eather its horrible

TROUT MASTERS
02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
its distcusting how little people respect our local streams.. There not to swim and leave your trash at from your picnic.. Dont we ahve community swimming pools all over so cal?? No respect at all from these picnic people i hate um all.. Most of them dont even speak english for sh.t eather its horrible
We should set up a portible showers by the picnic area. :Angry:
Can't belive some people,(like animals):Dead Horse:
I guess need to wait for trout opener up in gods country :(mammoth)
Thanks for all your info.

HunterAndy
03-01-2011, 09:57 AM
I know how to get up there to Piru creek under pyramid lake. fished there once but only caught a couple small ones. I dont know how to get up above pyramid. I would love to wade up stream and catch some fish. My favorite type of fishing is wild trout in streams so some Tips would be really helpful on the road up to it.

I also dont like the people who trash our local streams. They have no respect for the wilderness. We should find there home addresses and go leave trash at there house for payback. Just kidding!

snakeplissken
03-01-2011, 10:43 AM
you guys think piru is bad , you should try san gabriel. i've fished and waded into some of the pools and have seen kids setting up corona bottles and throwing rocks at them to break them right at the water's edge. like target practice. and the parents said nothing. i was like really?you're just not going to say anything to these little future criminals? i was shocked and disgusted. but that's why i no longer go there. it's better to go to the santa ana river or bear creek.it's harder for them to get into and more rattlers to keep them out.:EyePop:

gogreeenz4
03-01-2011, 11:34 AM
you guys think piru is bad , you should try san gabriel. i've fished and waded into some of the pools and have seen kids setting up corona bottles and throwing rocks at them to break them right at the water's edge. like target practice. and the parents said nothing. i was like really?you're just not going to say anything to these little future criminals? i was shocked and disgusted. but that's why i no longer go there. it's better to go to the santa ana river or bear creek.it's harder for them to get into and more rattlers to keep them out.:EyePop:

defiantly san bernido natinal forrest is the best bet around here other then god county ( mammoth) ahhaha very correct there but lytle is pretty bad to like diapers everywhere lady stuff stoppers everywhere just ridiclouis to see how trashy these trash leavn people are.. look what our country does for them by letting them in to it and giving a list for a day long of benefits and look how they repay us by ruinin whats ours....f#*k them

snakeplissken
03-01-2011, 07:57 PM
i agree. and i'm glad fish and game has busted a few poachers in the san gabriel river.damn , how ghetto do you have to be to throw a damn tampon in a creek?makes me hate the fact that i learned how to butterfly fillet. i wouldn't wan't to eat anything out of a creek with crap floating around in it..i'll stick to my secret spots and carp fishing.:Cool:

bman90278
03-02-2011, 05:47 AM
Sad to hear about the current situation and conditions of Piru Creek. During the late 70's and 80's I would fish there a couple of times a month. I would usually fish the Frenchman's Flat and sometimes I would hike back towards Pyramid. I remember how we used to be able to park right next to our fishing hole and not worry about anything but the rattlesnakes. I don't think we ever caught any Wild Trout, but I remember catching lots of Rainbows on Salmon Eggs. I think a few times we even caught some very small cats, like smaller than 6" long. I think the last time I fished there with my late father it had to have been just after they let out so much water from Pyramid, it pretty much destroyed the Frenchman's Flat area.

brian

brian

gogreeenz4
03-02-2011, 08:42 AM
i agree. and i'm glad fish and game has busted a few poachers in the san gabriel river.damn , how ghetto do you have to be to throw a damn tampon in a creek?makes me hate the fact that i learned how to butterfly fillet. i wouldn't wan't to eat anything out of a creek with crap floating around in it..i'll stick to my secret spots and carp fishing.:Cool:

defiantly discusatin how we can even eat fish that should be in the cleanest water sheds around but leave it to the average joses to ruin our waters and our country itself hahahahaha ive filleted a trout up in san berindo while i was backpackn last spring that had 2 cigarette butts within it .. like who throws butts into the water honestly???its horrible what our waters have become around it like it tears my heart out.. little fish lots of trash is the tread around here nowa days

snakeplissken
03-02-2011, 10:43 AM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/capoeirista2/fishing/DSC00623.jpgthat's why it's always best to take a backpack , camera , sturdy boots , insect repellent , a knife , and a meal and just hike to remote areas where the typical weekend litterbug can't get to. i've caught alot of nice fish that way.and you can't beat the scenery.rivers that flow into lakes can have great rewards.

gogreeenz4
03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/capoeirista2/fishing/DSC00623.jpgthat's why it's always best to take a backpack , camera , sturdy boots , insect repellent , a knife , and a meal and just hike to remote areas where the typical weekend litterbug can't get to. i've caught alot of nice fish that way.and you can't beat the scenery.rivers that flow into lakes can have great rewards.

couldnt agree more but i really like san berndoooo national forrest over san gabriel i used to live and work up in big bear so im a whole lot more familir with that area compared to san gabriel but id like to go deep into sdan gabriel sometime just not familir enough to but one day i hope to .. but bitchn carp my dooood or should i say golden trout ahahahaha you get him on the fly??

snakeplissken
03-02-2011, 01:36 PM
on a fly.and it was worth going downstream to where the water flowed and there were no kids playing , no trash , no people. all you could hear were the occasional fish jumping out of the water and catching insects. i can't wait for spring to finally get here and frickin stay here.i can get more catches like this
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f263/capoeirista2/fishing/carp.jpg

gogreeenz4
03-02-2011, 02:06 PM
what fly pattern did you pick that carp up with?? i wna try san gabrieal this spring but i gotta stare at a topo map for a bit first to make sure i kinda get the idea but heard some good about some spot thruout the region of san gabriel but need to go now ahhaha

snakeplissken
03-02-2011, 06:48 PM
a bead hair wooly bugger. and i've seen them jump at what i think were mosquitoes but casting those all day will wear your arm out.cause those carp are picky. it's not easy to hike into san gabriel river , but i know one section has been completely dredged and almost entirely re-rerouted due to miners looking for gold. it's a good thing , but i don't know how long it'll take for a trout to get comfortable in the new pools.
where the creek washes into the lower lake , i've seen bass (largemouth and smallmouth), carp and a strange type of little brown catfish. i wish the water would warm up a little more.:Rolls Eyes:
i'm gonna have to check to see if piru or san gabriel would be a good try , cause i know tujunga is out of the question.and i'm gonna need someone that has guts and stamina to go with me...any volunteers?

DarkShadow
03-02-2011, 10:00 PM
ive filleted a trout up in san berindo while i was backpackn last spring that had 2 cigarette butts within it .. like who throws butts into the water honestly??

more importantly, how on earth does a trout eat 2 cigarette butts?

gogreeenz4
03-03-2011, 03:50 PM
more importantly, how on earth does a trout eat 2 cigarette butts?

how would you eat 2 cigeratte butts? how would you eat anything? i would hope with your mouth but who knows what people do nowa days ... a little stinky stink can make fish do wild things sometimes and ive heard about this topic many many times but only seen butts ina fish once

gogreeenz4
03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=snakeplissken;526053]a bead hair wooly bugger. and i've seen them jump at what i think were mosquitoes but casting those all day will wear your arm out.cause those carp are picky. it's not easy to hike into san gabriel river , but i know one section has been completely dredged and almost entirely re-rerouted due to miners looking for gold. it's a good thing , but i don't know how long it'll take for a trout to get comfortable in the new pools.
where the creek washes into the lower lake , i've seen bass (largemouth and smallmouth), carp and a strange type of little brown catfish. i wish the water would warm up a little more.:Rolls Eyes:
i'm gonna have to check to see if piru or san gabriel would be a good try , cause i know tujunga is out of the question.and i'm gonna need someone that has guts and stamina to go with me...any volunteers?[/QUOTE

ill be the first volunter defiantly nothing like a good hike to go after some fish get at me and leme know when your thinkn

DarkShadow
03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
a little stinky stink can make fish do wild things sometimes and ive heard about this topic many many times but only seen butts ina fish once

And here I am wasting all this money on chartreuse corn flavored PowerBait™ when all I need to do is wacky hook a few cigarette butts I find on the ground?!

gogreeenz4
03-03-2011, 03:54 PM
go for it best of luck to you i hope the 5 bucks you saved is worth the risk of not catchn a fish as this is not the ideal bait idea in my thinkng but goooo get um my friend leme know how you do

DarkShadow
03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
go for it best of luck to you i hope the 5 bucks you saved is worth the risk of not catchn a fish as this is not the ideal bait idea in my thinkng but goooo get um my friend leme know how you do

I have my buddy City Dad tying me a "Cigarette Butt Special" as we speak.

http://www.fishwest.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/WW04CBF.jpg

But I'm thinking the real thing may get me better results.

And of course I'll let you know how that works!

gogreeenz4
03-03-2011, 04:00 PM
bitchn pattern you got going on there ..striaght trout slayer i want 4 hahahahahahahahahha

tpfishnfool
03-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Piru Creek is a great example of how this great state of ''Gettofornia'' has become an armpit of the nation. Gee lets do the math,,,, Open borders equals getto lakes ,, equals getto creeks,, equals getto gettos,, equals lets all save a toad and close all these great waters to fish.. Hell may as well close all the creeks and stop planting fish cause it will end up F'd up anyhow.. Look at San gabriel river, piru creek, tribuco canyon, big and little tijunga. All Trash Dumps...
Cheers

DarkShadow
03-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Open borders ...equals lets all save a toad and close all these great waters to fish.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/108/377484935_b4ee114483.jpg

jdietze
03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
"couldnt of said it better in my opion cuz the average jose hahahaha is havn a picnic and swimmin in the stream and leavn all the picnic fun behind like trash and whatever the hell else they dont want.. our streams around here have became graffiti and trash holes for the picnic people who could give a hoot less about the fish"

jdietze
03-15-2011, 11:29 AM
I agree, it pisses me off to no end to see a bunch of city folks (im trying to be nice) trashing up our natural resources. I've even seen ladies doing laundry in the San Gabriel and Lytle creeks. I told her to knock it off or I was gonna call the ranger. These people have no respect and it's sad that the park service does nothing about it. They know where all those people hang out on hot days, and should be focusing their energy on protecting these areas. Why don't they go back to their own trash laden rivers in their drug gang infested country?!? A-holes.. Anyways like everyone else said, if you hike a little further through the bushes, you'll be all alone with the wild 'bows.

FishinElectrician
03-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Ummm, how come some of you guys act like there isnt any white trash out there doin the same things you clowns are ranting about??? Thats funny...