PDA

View Full Version : irvine lake 2/27/11

benichi
02-27-2011, 05:26 PM
the fishing really was slow. caught one trout about 7 lbs. and one little dinker.. water is stained but silver seams to be the color of choice. lots of people out there today. saw some people catching fish here and there but not much at all. everyone just trolled around all day. and that is boring to me so not my thing.

i wont go back to irvine cost to much and shady fishing at best..:Sad:

Criss
02-27-2011, 05:55 PM
you caught a 7lber and wont go back to the lake? sounds a bit odd.

oomicha3loo
02-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Some people doesn't like to pay 22$ and 10$ extra to fish. Might as well drive to DVL or castaic or fish in the bay

dixoncider
02-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the report..thinking about going in the morning..for what it's worth we did have some crap weather leading up to today..that may have had something to do with the fishing..a 7 pound fish is pretty good though..

benichi
02-27-2011, 06:19 PM
you caught a 7lber and wont go back to the lake? sounds a bit odd.

yeah 7lber or not i was out there from 6am to 4pm and caught two fish... for over 80 bucks to fish that lake not worth it.. 22 to fish 55 to rent a boat. plus gas to get there. you can go to dvl for me it is closer. it is cheaper if you go on half off day and way less people. trout are big there too if you go for them.

im sure the weather had some to do with it too. also irvine lake is stocked with the big trout you can tell they dont really fight hard mabe one good pull and they are done.

BRING IT
02-27-2011, 07:06 PM
good job on the 7lber. to each his own. mid week is better anyhow. noooooooooooooo body!

dixoncider
02-27-2011, 07:29 PM
DvL has it's good and bad days also..Wish I lived closer to DVL great lake also....

Marley
02-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Irvine has been an off-bite for a lot of us this year. Some have it dialed in, others can't find the channel. I haven't caught more than three fish in over a year. A seven-pounder is a very nice fish, though, and coming out of stained water after weather I'd say you did pretty well.

benichi
02-27-2011, 08:36 PM
thanks guys... i think im just whining cause im sunburned.. lol... it was a pretty fish. all in all i rather be fishing then working. that was my first time at irvine lake. Most likely i will go back just not soon i want to get on some bass crappie and blue gill. Coming from colorado i have fished trout my whole life. i should know them a little bit by know lol!!! any one going out tomorrow and want a fishing buddie!!

hooks
02-27-2011, 08:45 PM
The weekends are ALWAYS packed to the gills during trout season.
I'll only go Monday -Thursday for that reason.
I'll be there in the morn.
tight lines....

Hometown
02-27-2011, 08:46 PM
thanks 4 the report i hope you give the vine another chance.

Josh
02-28-2011, 08:55 AM
I was out ther saturday with TaperSteve and the bite was pretty tough, we managed 6 total. In my experience the bite is always hard in the wind, rain doesn't matter but the wind can make it tricky. I would definitely say give it another try, the trout can be spread out but when you get on them you get on them. We had 3 within 20 minutes of one another just trolling the cliffs and they were all good fights. We metered a lot back in the flats, with the water coming in after the rain they were probably there to feed on whatever washed in.

Criss
02-28-2011, 09:28 AM
yeah 7lber or not i was out there from 6am to 4pm and caught two fish... for over 80 bucks to fish that lake not worth it.. 22 to fish 55 to rent a boat. plus gas to get there. you can go to dvl for me it is closer. it is cheaper if you go on half off day and way less people. trout are big there too if you go for them.

im sure the weather had some to do with it too. also irvine lake is stocked with the big trout you can tell they dont really fight hard mabe one good pull and they are done.

I hear ya..You have a pic of the fish?

benichi
02-28-2011, 11:48 AM
no pic let him go. i need to get a camera.