PDA

View Full Version : Fairmount Lake Evans hours

TheAsianGuy
02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Okay, this may have been touched base a few times, but I got to ask, what's the fishing hours? I went fishing around 7pm on 2/22/2011, and the park officer gave me a freaking ticket for being there after sunset at 7:49pm. A few people indicated that the officer don't bother you while fishing off hours, but could it be my bad luck that I got tagged for showing my ugly face there? Anyone mind chiming in?

Danny300
02-24-2011, 05:17 PM
wow, that's some bad luck, last summer i was fishing there at later than that (10pm & later). maybe they have just gotten harder on hours since that cop got killed there.

fishmounter
02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Yeah that could be it. I used to go early in the morning when it was still dark, but I have not been there lately.

TheAsianGuy
02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Truly must be my rotten luck for using such rotten baits for fishing that day :Rolls Eyes: Someone must have fished there within the recent week either the peak of dawn or after sunset. Too many good fishes feed at night and not enough bites during the daylight.

tree
02-24-2011, 08:57 PM
seems like the officers there dont like asians. ahaha.

I got a ticket for staying 20 minutes past dark too before. this was back in summer. i just ponied up the 60 bucks. it sucked, but oh well.

supposedly people get away with fishing there alllllllll night.

Rapala17
02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
This is one of the most discouraging things I have heard regarding Fairmount Park because it makes fishing uncomfortable (for those of us who have ALWAYS fished before sunrise and after sunset. I have even seen canoes fishing at night on the lake!)

I agree that one of the reasons could be a special alertness because of the Officer that passed away, however, that was awhile ago and there are plenty of people at the park after hours and always have been for years. It seems that TheAsianGuy was spotted and tagged by this officer on that specific night because he had nothing else to do.

I have a few question for TheAsianGuy:
1) What kind of "Officer" was it? Riverside Police, DFG ranger, or Park & Recreation security?
2.) Did you have your license on you?
3.) Where were you fishing (specifically where you got the ticket)?

TheAsianGuy
02-24-2011, 10:10 PM
My family parked just right next to the loading dock area.

1. It was the park rec officer, driving his white SUV, with nice yellow flashing lights, shining a freaking torch LED light at us, and pulled out his Nikon to take a few photos of our vehicle, with Riverside Park & Rec logo on his uniform. Freaked my wife out. Apparently, this white (in his mid to late 50's) also ticketed a white couple that parked along the street near the tank unit memorial. I think he was out for blood.

2. Yep, have my license on me, full year 2011, with extra pole stamp.

3. It was at the dock, near/across the lawn bowling facility I think. It's the spot that about 140 feet from the so called Brown Lagoon next to the golf course.

Sublime-Steve
02-24-2011, 10:17 PM
they seem to come @ dusk.. do there thing.. and then dont come back later on. but im sure things are diff now

bassgrabber1
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Yup that sux.....Tree and i just met a guy at Perris today that said he pulls all nighters with his float tube there in the big lake.

carpanglerdude
02-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Super sorry that happened to you. Fairmount is best fished at night, I've never seen Park Rangers or the Police hassle anglers before. I've talked with plenty of people fishing there at night, one guy had a nice catfish setup, two poles, the whole deal. Said he would fish until 2 in the morning, never had a problem.

fail park reg officers :(

Sparky70
02-25-2011, 04:07 AM
I guess the officers are looking for TWEEKERS and HOME-BOYS at night..that is not a good place to be at NIGHT !

TheAsianGuy
02-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I may have to switch to Lake Perris fishing schedules if tickets are being issued. I don't think I can fork out hundreds of bucks to cover my butts from something I love to do, because the officers can't tell the different between anglers and tweekers/homeboys. What a waste of such a good lake in the city area where anglers can't fish in peace, not worrying about being ticketed or jumped/killed.

Rapala17
02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
That is sad that you will have to switch fishing spots because of retarded officers. Go early in the mornings or late at night!

TheAsianGuy
02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
So, late at night is 9pm and beyond? or starting at 2am? :Secret:

fishmounter
02-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Are park hours posted somewhere? I don't remember seeing a sign, but no doubt there is a couple somewhere. AsianGuy, I really think that the ranger should have given you a warning before citing you. Maybe you should try to find out who you could talk to about the ticket and ask if they could drop the citation and fine. (I for sure would) Tell them you were just getting ready to leave. Then again, because of the officer being killed there, the city may have just decided that the park gets closed at dark to everyone, period. If you are there after dark, you get cited. But there too is that gray area as to when it is "dark".... The whole thing sucks.

TheAsianGuy
02-25-2011, 02:08 PM
After being cited, the officer said that the signs were posted throughout the park. The next day, I walked the park in daylight to find those signs. Surely enough, there was one posted at the front of the park's entrance that access the lake, one posted along the street leading up the dock. BUT, you practically have to be 5 feet up close to see the sign, and squint to see the park's hour posted "30 minutes before sun rise, 30 minutes after sunset". While the sunlight was dimming, there was no way to see that sign. Stopping to read the sign if you can see it will have your rear end get hammered by incoming vehicles. Or better yet, plow an innocent pedestrian/jogger because you try to see the signs as you drive. I've contacted the Park and Rec department to expand on their "authorized park actvities" for the fishing. I've also contacted the citation department to see if my fine can be waived for first time visitor. I pray that I will get the waiver for this one, and get the better answer for the fishing activities after hours. The whole thing just sucks royally.

bassgrabber1
02-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Well if you want you can meet up with some of us on Thursdays at Perris....we fish from 2 till dark there. You can fish Perris till 10.

TheAsianGuy
02-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Sounds great! Where do you guys normally park? Southside parking on Martin St near the southwest outlet? You guy purchased the yearly pass?

bassgrabber1
02-25-2011, 04:23 PM
My pass is over on Monday..snap..I really have to get a new one...we park at the boat launches at lot 6 or we go to lot 11-12. We usually just text or call eachother to let us know where to meet.

TheAsianGuy
02-25-2011, 05:17 PM
Sounds good. I'll schedule things out with my wife, and definitely try to join up with you! Can't wait to hit the water with you all. :Surprised:

salmo fishn
02-25-2011, 07:11 PM
i have a similar story for Apollo Park just north of Landcaster. the park closes at sundown, cruised in after work to get an hour of fishing in. a sheriff was busting a couple of guys fishing along the shore and i walked by to toss my jig for a bit. after the sheriff tosses the other guys in his cruiser he comes over and starts to hassle me for no reason! are you on parole? any warrants? got any weapons? got any drugs? got your fishing license? on and on. i checked out ok and then he has the nerve to say "have a nice day" ruined my day - didn't even feel like fishin' after that...

Rapala17
02-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Also, I have NEVER seen the fishing hours listed anywhere. Next time I go, I will search diligently. According to Gofishn.com http://www.gofishn.com/content/lake-evans-riverside-county-california, they list some fishing hours, but it is not posted on the city or park & recreation websites.

Rapala17
03-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Stopped by FMP, looked everywhere for signs with fishing hours posted and could not find a single thing! I believe that officer had nothing else to do. It's a scam, haha!