PDA

View Full Version : Phenix Elixir FX761-1 wanted can't find!!

Gator
02-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Phenix is out for the next 4-5 weeks..
Anybody want to sale one or know of a shop that has one in stock?

DarkShadow
02-24-2011, 09:40 AM
You try The Longfin in Orange?

Gator
02-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes. They have the 2 piece only. I guess I will have to wait. Bummer..
I have a new CI4 ready for a freind!

DarkShadow
02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Yes. They have the 2 piece only.

That sucks. Their website makes it seem like they have the 1 piece in stock. Guess their inventory count doesn't update their website properly.

Gator
02-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Anybody have feedback on the G loomis trout series 7'6" 1 piece? Just a little bit more expensive then the Phenix Elixir.

bluecat
02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
i have both, the loomis is a 2 pc 901-2. to me the loomis is softer. both are great rods.the elixer has a nice tip a little more back bone.
i also have a mirage 7'1" 1 pc very soft, the handle is a little long for my liking.
tight lines

smooshsh
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
i would check with savon tackle or richards tackle.

backtobasics
02-25-2011, 12:16 AM
Anybody have feedback on the G loomis trout series 7'6" 1 piece? Just a little bit more expensive then the Phenix Elixir. dude the action is untouchable price is a bit high but i dont see and rod touching this for trout hands down they did there homework for trout rods and i have some of the most top of the line stuff bass pros have some if you want to go check them out but they dont have the one piece and gloomis needs to have better pics cause there is 7'ultralight trout series also put it this way if you are a serious trout angler and you have fished your brains out they are both close but there never going to beat the gloomis feel as in buying a stella verses a quantum

Gator
02-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Ok guys I found the rod. It did not have the split grip that I wanted but I purchased it anyways. Youngs Tackle in La Palma had it. Picked it up on Saturday. Went home spooled my stella 1000 with some floro Pline and the set up felt really good! I broke her in on Sunday at Corona. It was a little slow but managed 5 one went 7.4lbs.
I lost one other big fish. This rod is awesome! Super sensetive yet has a strong backbone to kick those fish's arss. All fish were caught using a drop shot power worm with a 10-12" leader. Red and white were the color's I was getting hit on. The only problem with the red is the crappie love that color.
Next up is a custom elixir so i can get a split grip. Phenix is no longer making the Elixir in split grip. Any suggestions on where to get a custom???

fishing2much
03-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Does anyone know where I can have my Phenix rods (5 rods) and a nice reel seat installed? Doesn't have to be a split grip but would like someone that knows what they're doing. I live in Corona and work in Irvine. I too was at Corona on Sunday and we killed um. I do alot of my fishin at Irvine Lake but am willing to travel to have the reel seats installed. Thanks a bunch and tight lines everyone.

MAVERICK27
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Bob barr, goes under "bebop" on here. I'm headed there this week to have him wrap a custom bass rod for me

Gator
03-02-2011, 10:09 AM
What is his contact info? I went on his website and left him my contact info but have not heard from him yet.
I would like to get a 7'6" elixir with a split grip.

fishing2much
03-15-2011, 11:45 AM
OMG......just picked up my Phenix rods and well.......... a masterpiece I must say. You can tell immediately that "BeBop" takes special pride and care with the work he does. The new guides, reelseat, hypalon and colored thread was AWESOME! I want to thank Troutdog, Maverick11 and Killa Fish Taco for turning me on to this artist. Those fisherman that go elsewhere to have their rods repaired or wrapped are the real losers because Bob Barr eliminates the tackle shop and middleman by doing all the custom craftsmanship in the comfort of his workshop, thus saving you money as he did for me. I couldn't believe the price he charged me, I was stoked! Do yourself a favor and call Bob Barr at 714-488-4333 and see for yourself, the quality and custom craftsmanship he'll apply to all your rod needs. The best form of advertising is through word of mouth and if enough of you true fisherman can help pass the word, everyone benfits. Thanks guys and gals, your comments are truely appreciated, mahalo.

Bebop
03-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Well Gator I don't read all the threads but I can tell you that I have a 7'6" 1 piece blank and I could of made it to your specs. Sorry I didn"t know anything about it till today.