PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Lake - 2-20-11

DadCaster
02-23-2011, 10:10 AM
This post is a couple days late but this is my first chance to sit down and post with work. I went to Elizabeth Lake on Sunday afternoon. Was out on the float tube from 1pm to almost 5pm and only had a few nibbles at my bait. Was using night crawlers and rainbow glitter garlic powerbait. The water was very cold and very murky...I could not even see my swim fins 6 inches under the surface of the water! The fisherman that I spoke with on the shore also had no luck. Not sure how many lbs. the DFG are actually putting in the lake during the reported stocking but I sure couldn't find any. Looking forward to the return of the Crappie there...it's a great place during the summer for the kids to hook up multiple Crappies within an hour of arriving.

BlkManFishin
02-23-2011, 01:24 PM
I was there yesterday and caught 5 catfish which were relatively small.. I did catch a trout but It was the smallest trout ive ever seen... like maybe 6 in. So i dint know what they are stocking up there. But there was this one guy that had caught about 11 crappies so maybe they will be back soon

DadCaster
02-23-2011, 09:05 PM
That is great to hear about your catfish catch! Thanks for the crappie news too. Gives me hope for my next outing there...I will keep this thread updated post my next Elizabeth visit.

fishfinder
02-24-2011, 12:10 AM
I was there yesterday and caught 5 catfish which were relatively small.. I did catch a trout but It was the smallest trout ive ever seen... like maybe 6 in. So i dint know what they are stocking up there. But there was this one guy that had caught about 11 crappies so maybe they will be back soon

how big were the crappie? the usual small hand sized? were they caught from shore?

BlkManFishin
02-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Yea they were a lil bigger than hand size. And yes they were caught from shore. From the side near the parking lot.

tpfishnfool
02-27-2011, 10:13 AM
DFG did a PH test and said ''no way jose'' . No Fishy for you.... Turd lake has not gotten any better. Sucks. Not sure what can be done about that lake.

BlkManFishin
03-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Is that why all the trout are like hand sized??

BlkManFishin
03-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Ill be out at elixabeth this weekend for sum Crappie and catfish any one been lately

BlkManFishin
03-14-2011, 11:18 AM
I caught 8 catfish this weekend. It was so much fun had a blast!. Could not get any crappie Buit my buddie did and he caught 2 trout that I saw be for I left.