PDA

View Full Version : Pudd Post

Cartman
02-22-2011, 07:48 PM
I read all the posts everyday, but I usually feel self conscious posting myself, but now I've decided I should post more often...so, I'm gonna.

Went to the Pudd today planning on having trout for dinner, but nathan shakin'. No hits on powerbait, and a sea gull got my panther martin. All of a sudden a big carp jumps out of the water, and I decided to switch to corn.

I wasn't having any luck so I decided I would leave at 3:00. Then at 2:57 I caught a 4 lb 6 oz carp. Can't leave now! About 15 minutes later I caught one 6 pounds 1 oz, and just a little after 4:00 I got one 5 pounds 5 oz. Nothing big, a whole lot better than nothing. My wife says they look like my pets. I let them all swim away to get bigger hopefully.

Anthony I.
02-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Thank you for the report... Nothing like catching a fish rite before it's time to go... Let alone catching three... Great job! And you should post reports more often... skunk or not...

old pudd fisher
02-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Great post and pics Cartman and it was a pleasure meeting you last month, hope we meet again.

vortec_cruiser
02-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Nice job on those carp!

Ifishtoolittle
02-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Nice work dude! Please post more reports, especially the carp ones. I really do not see too many of those here.

BassHolic
02-23-2011, 04:00 AM
Good job on the carps...beware and plant your poles right because there are 20+lb carps there that will take your rods in a brink of eyes....

Cartman
02-23-2011, 07:20 AM
You're right about that BassHolic. My PB carp at the Pudd is 11.5 pounds. I usually fish for carp with the bail open and a soda can accross the line. Leaving the bail open keeps me from losing my gear if I'm not watching, and the can acts as a bite detector. It's best if you can put the can on some rocks or some small pebbles on the can. Occasionally I don't notice the line running at first, but that has only proven to be a problem once when the carp swam into cover. I think leaving the bail open also allows the carp to feel a little better about the line. With the bail open there is very little resistance. I let him start out, and then I close the bail on him. Depending on which way he is running I may have to reel in a little slack before I can set the hook properly. I would rather he ran out the slack, but it usually works out.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-24-2011, 05:36 AM
nice job on those freshwater bonefish.there my favorite at the the pudd during the off season.see you out there sometime.ill be after them with corn this morning,with the 8wt fly rod...

MATUKA
02-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Fly fishing with corn!!! for Carp!!! sounds like fun

MATUKA
02-24-2011, 08:42 AM
how is the Bass fishing???