PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best/most productive jetty...

HelicopterJohn
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Jetties in SoCal/OC area. Anyone have any suggestions??? I've ruled out using artificials...I have no patience for them....so I'm gonna stick to mussel, crabs, chovies, sidewinder crabs and what not...
Anyone have any suggestions on when/where/ and what time I should hit what??? Any info or tips would help! :Rolls Eyes:

Thanks!

John

exfactor
02-22-2011, 09:49 PM
The one your standing on! Sometimes I think you guys are searching for yoda.

Ifishtoolittle
02-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Any Jetty to be honest, just avoid LB especially the open oceanside and the inside is illegal to fish in.

DockRat
02-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Any Jetty to be honest, just avoid LB especially the open oceanside and the inside is illegal to fish in.

Only the inside of the middle or Federal breakwall is off limits. You can fish the outside if you have a boat.
DR

Newfishsmell
02-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Keep trying John , its only pre-season ...

smokehound
02-23-2011, 10:52 AM
There isn't really a "good" jetty..

it all depends on the fish. Sometimes, despite beautiful conditions, and numerous bait, there are zero fish to be found.

If you have a license, you can poke around newport beach's many jetties, go during low tide, and you have tons of free mussels all over them. BIG ones, too.

In OC, you only have a few jetties that dont require a license. The only two i'm sure of are Dana harbor's protective jetty, and the wedge in NPH.

At the Wedge, you may only fish on the jetty, past the shoreline of the beach without a license.

Actually, you cant fish the non-beach areas before the jetty at ALL. Fishing is prohibited in the park, all the way up the trail to the wedge. (doesnt stop the illegals from poaching 100 rock wrasses, though o_O)

Dana harbor's jetty is good.., but beware- On the right side (the stony beach) is an ecological preserve, and if you're caught fishing there... Ohhhhh you better believe that's a 'paddlin.

Do you have a license? If so, hit the surf instead. You dont need lures.

Don't give up on lures. They work, despite what your noob friends will tell ya :LOL: