PDA

View Full Version : 8-1 Enterprise Twilight.

riverjoon
08-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Headed out to Long Beach marina sportfishing. Light load of around 25 people on board. Target Bass and Cuda. We anchored in the huntington flats the whole trip for a mixed bag of sand bass and calicos. There was a cuda bite for short periods of time and those who worked hard for those cudas got a few. I caught one on the sumo iron like 5 feet from the boat on the surface. Short fight. I caught around maybe 10 bass with 4 keepers. Also while fishing for bass on the bottom i nailed the jackpot cuda which went around 11-13 pound class cuda. There were some 6-7 pound bass also brought aboard. The fishing was off and on but there was a consistent bite.

LBCBaller
08-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the report. Will be heading out on the Enterprise twilight this Friday with my brother and maybe one of his friends. I hope the bass start to feed closer to the top. Seems like the only thing you can get the bass with is bait when they feed on the bottom.

riverjoon
08-02-2007, 09:19 AM
yeah i tried all types of plastics for no love. Even the gulp was not getting hit. Seemed like it was a very picky bite. I would only get bit on the green back sardines.

ONEKID
08-02-2007, 02:08 PM
whats up riverjoon, nice work on the bass. lol, it's me peter. thats messed up you guys don't call me when you guys fish..jp.

11-13 pound cuda, thats fricken huge!

JapanRon
08-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi riverjoon,

Good job on getting out on the twilight and getting those fishys. Those were some big cuda!!

Huntington .... haven't been down there for a while from the LA landings!

JapanRon