PDA

View Full Version : Late Irvine report from day 1 presidents day tourney

5150fishn
02-22-2011, 09:27 AM
I arrived at the lake at about 4:30 p.m. friday to find Josh already waiting in line for the Team 57 barbacue the night before the tourney. Josh and I proceeded to set up my
EZ-up it the parking lot for some shelter from the rain. After a little while BigDaddy showed up and as we where talking to him my Ez-up became a kite in a gust of wind and flew into the boat storage area! Great, this trip just became expensive. Ha Ha Ha
Security let me in to pick up the parts of my now destroyed tarp. Bummer. As the night went on we were met up by the other die hards Tapersteve, Thisfool, SeeChrisFish, and Killa fish taco. All I can say is the group was small but we had a blast and more great food than you can imagine. Bigdaddy brought the most amazing ribs ever! Thisfool brought some excellent porkchops and everyone else filled in the gaps. We learned from my mistake and strapped Bigdaddy's Ez-up to for vehicles and all was good. Woke up to a much smaller than usual crowd obviously spooked by the weather reports. I fished from shore with Chris and both of us had believed the hype and left our kayaks/float tubes at home. What a mistake because the morning weather was epic. Oh well! I will never listen to the weather people again. I only got one 21/2# from shore and that was it for the day. Those in boats had epic days. All in all a fun day at the
Vine hanging with great friends and some spectacular food. Those that didn't make it out truly missed out.

Seņor.Chilax
02-22-2011, 10:13 AM
And again I miss out on a good 57 gathering. I can just imagine those ribs during the cold night, BigDaddy gets down on the Q. Nice to hear you got one even though you weren't out trolling. You'll get 'em next time. Thanks for the report.

dixoncider
02-22-2011, 02:34 PM
I always bring everthing...I does you NO good at home..

Thisfool
02-22-2011, 02:46 PM
yea man it was a great time out there. and Saturday is why i never fully believe weather reports until the night befor or the day of. killa even said it when he got there the weather was suppose to be nice by 7am and even he was wrong cuz it the weather was decent by 3am.

5150fishn
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
I always bring everthing...I does you NO good at home..
You got that right. Lesson learned!

5150fishn
02-22-2011, 03:04 PM
yea man it was a great time out there. and Saturday is why i never fully believe weather reports until the night befor or the day of. killa even said it when he got there the weather was suppose to be nice by 7am and even he was wrong cuz it the weather was decent by 3am.
Me and Chris learned our lesson. I know better. Never again will I go without the kayak. I can always leave it on the truck.