PDA

View Full Version : SARL stocking this week?

snslarison
02-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Anyone know if they are stocking this week. Im planning to hit it this Friday.

If not I will probably hit Irvine.

Thanks!

Troutcz swimbait
02-21-2011, 06:10 PM
they stock every week,watch there videos....

socal114
02-21-2011, 06:29 PM
SARL and Corona stock on Thur. every week. I'm guessing it will be Tailwalker's this week since they planted Lightnings from Mt. Lassen last week. If you get lucky enough to get a Lightning or two, they are the finest tasting trout I've ever had.

snslarison
02-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Ok cool. All the info on their website is from last week so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks guys! I'll be out there Friday.

Maz
02-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Yup, from what I've read Thursday is the stocking day.

I'd like to see one big heavy week of socking, 7 - 10k pounds, all fish over 5# ! That would be pretty epic, I think they've done something similar before.

JohnnyBoy
02-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Anyone know if they are stocking this week. Im planning to hit it this Friday.

If not I will probably hit Irvine.

Thanks!

You have a significantly better chance of catching fish at either SARL or Corona. Just by virtue of the vast size of Irvine your odds are greatly reduced unless you have a boat to hunt them down with. Besides, don't listen to what the propaganda tells you. SARL/Corona plant more fish. I would suggest you put me to the test, fish all three places and then decide where your fishing dollar is best spent.

socal114
02-21-2011, 11:04 PM
You have a significantly better chance of catching fish at either SARL or Corona. Just by virtue of the vast size of Irvine your odds are greatly reduced unless you have a boat to hunt them down with. Besides, don't listen to what the propaganda tells you. SARL/Corona plant more fish. I would suggest you put me to the test, fish all three places and then decide where your fishing dollar is best spent.
I couldn't agree more...There is NOBODY stocking more fish (quality too) than Corona/SARL. There's a reason they video and nobody else does. My second choice would be LNL and the Vine a distant third.

snslarison
02-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Cool, Im thinking I will go to SARL. Looking forward to it.

I do want to try LNL in the future as well.

T_K_O 13
02-22-2011, 12:44 AM
You have a significantly better chance of catching fish at either SARL or Corona. Just by virtue of the vast size of Irvine your odds are greatly reduced unless you have a boat to hunt them down with. Besides, don't listen to what the propaganda tells you. SARL/Corona plant more fish. I would suggest you put me to the test, fish all three places and then decide where your fishing dollar is best spent. Very Well Said :Cool:

snslarison
02-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Ok, now for the real question...

What spot do you guys recommend? Spots at either Chris Pond or Main Lake?

Im mostly going to be soaking powerbait ect.

E.A.R.G.
02-22-2011, 04:16 PM
They're stocking wednesday I believe.
When they stock tailwalkers, they stock wednesdays, as long as the road/weather conditions permit.
the Mt. Lassens get stocked Thursdays.

socal114
02-22-2011, 07:25 PM
I confirmed they are stocking tomorrow a.m. I never noticed it, but it looks like EARG is correct. TW's go in on Wed's as long as they can get out here from NE. It looks like this weekend may be another wet one. I'm either gonna tube LNL or Corona Thur...

snslarison
02-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Cool! Thats good to hear. Its been a while since I've managed a limit out there. Hopefully this will be my week!

Im also planning to buy a tube set up in the near future, so I should see you on the water too.

Scott

blakeb
02-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Are they also stocking thursday??

socal114
02-23-2011, 12:46 AM
One day a week only.

Fysher
02-23-2011, 07:23 AM
snslarison - If you can get there early, I suggest fishing by the boat ramp (right side) after the stocking, you will limit in no time.

If you fish Friday Main Lake, boat ramp still a good spot, bubble hole, sandy area to left side of bubble hole, levitz corner will produce fish (No guarantees though, it's called "Fishing" and not "Catching")

Chris pond(small lake) - If fishing Thursday/Friday, Fish by the weeds/plants this is where they stock, the fence area, spot where the main lake and small lake is connected with a giant tube/barrel way.

In my past experience, I always use "Bite-On Garlic" it's been helping me get limits.

Hope this helps. Good luck out there no matter where you fish

snslarison
02-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the advice. Im thinking I will go towards the bubble hole to start.

Poxy Boggards
02-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Yup, from what I've read Thursday is the stocking day.

I'd like to see one big heavy week of socking, 7 - 10k pounds, all fish over 5# ! That would be pretty epic, I think they've done something similar before.

Ditto, usually by this time in the year they have done a stocking of mostly big fish in the 10+ pound range. Seems like they have not been stocking as many fish in the 5+ pound range this year let alone in the 10+ range. Perhaps my luck just has not been as good this year, but last year seems like every time I went to Corona I had the chance at a trophy fish. This year has not been that way at all. My biggest fish there this season pails in comparison to the stringers that I was able to land last year.

I am not trying to knock the stockings that Corona/SARL have been putting in, because they have been putting in alot of quality pink meat fish, but the size has left a little something to be desired this year.

NachoFish
02-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Trout Chaser and I are doing a SARL/Girls trip this Saturday. Provided we don't get rained out. We'll be in "57" shirts if you wanna say 'Hi'.

I'm determined to catch a lightning this year. I tried last year and thought I had a pretty good size one until I realized it was a carp. :Evil: 57 just laughed his butt off.

D

Trout-Chaser
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Trout Chaser and I are doing a SARL/Girls trip this Saturday. Provided we don't get rained out. We'll be in "57" shirts if you wanna say 'Hi'.

I'm determined to catch a lightning this year. I tried last year and thought I had a pretty good size one until I realized it was a carp. :Evil: 57 just laughed his butt off.

D

Does that mean we'll be wearing those T57 shirts over our rain gear?! :LOL:

TC

manuel149
03-01-2011, 10:58 PM
What about this week? First week of March. What day, and what kind will be stocked?

socal114
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Should be Lassen Sierra Bows this Thur.