PDA

View Full Version : 18' 1968 Glasspar SeaFair Cabin Cruiser Repair

reptile dude007
02-20-2011, 10:23 PM
My dad and I bought this Boat 12/31/05 for $500, it has been sitting in our back yard since then. We got what we paid for. It came with a 100 hp Evinrude that did not, and still doesn't work. Mainly due to running out of money for boat repair, my dad and I covered it up and let it sit for about 3 years or so. In 09 my dad bought a Use but still "Running" 85hp Mercury 1986 I believe. First thing my dad and I did was put it in some water and tried to start it up. Nothing. So my dad calls the guy up and basically says Dude, whats up with the motor you said in the ad it worked the last time you used it (date wasn't specified). The dude is like, Well the last time I used it was in late 04. I was like :O my dad was like :O.

So, We are in October of 2010 now. My dad and I get the Mercury started up! We're like YES. My dad revved it a bit to much and broke the wooden stand it had been on since we got it. He turns it off and we are like. Oh **** is it OK?!?!?!?! Only Damage was that the Prop busted off a large peace of concrete from the patio, (Part of it hit my leg, didn't realize I was bleeding till I got inside) and the prop was messed up beyond recognition. So I draw up so plans for a heavy duty stand made of steel, Build it, and put the motor on. After this, I got the grinder out and cut the bad fiber glass floor inside of the boat (Boat hasn't been touched since).

My dad and I replace the water pump, and find a new prop on ebay. SO we change the water pump, put the lower unit back on. When you go to put the new prop on, the inside of the prop was to small. Once again, lack of info on the ad, but it was only $10, so my dad and I are like lets hold onto it,maybe we can use it later. After this, motor goes dormant to my dads new truck that he got for 6 pack of beer needing a tranny.

SO we get the tranny fixed, and I am sitting on the computer one day and my dad asks me to find the launch ramp in LA harbor. So I did, same day we go to check it out, and we find Cabrillo pier. We fish it the same day. A couple days later I'm told my friend about it and my dad and I were planning on going back down the night, so I invited My friend. As we are driving down there, my dad turns on 22nd street for some reason. As we are looking for a way back onto the right street I turn my head to the left and say, "Dad, look! Its a Boat salvage yard." Couple weeks later we go down to the salvage yard and we pick up a prop, long story short its to big, so we return it for another prop. This one is correct. We get home, put it on, and we put the motor in water and start it up. Its running great but its in forward when it should be in Neutral. Right before we turn it off, it dies. we are like ****, did it run out of gas? No. Is there a clog in the line? No. Well What the hell happened?

And here we are today. This will be undated multiple times, bumped from death, and updated with pictures soon. Also, the boats name is cheap seats, the previous owner named it btw.

Thank you for reading!

Hometown
02-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Tff lmao boat hole in the water you pour money into

my dad and i bought this boat 12/31/05 for $500, it has been sitting in our back yard since then. We got what we paid for. It came with a 100 hp evinrude that did not, and still doesn't work. Mainly due to running out of money for boat repair, my dad and i covered it up and let it sit for about 3 years or so. In 09 my dad bought a use but still "running" 85hp mercury 1986 i believe. First thing my dad and i did was put it in some water and tried to start it up. Nothing. So my dad calls the guy up and basically says dude, whats up with the motor you said in the ad it worked the last time you used it (date wasn't specified). The dude is like, well the last time i used it was in late 04. I was like :o my dad was like :o.

So, we are in october of 2010 now. My dad and i get the mercury started up! We're like yes. My dad revved it a bit to much and broke the wooden stand it had been on since we got it. He turns it off and we are like. Oh **** is it ok?!?!?!?! Only damage was that the prop busted off a large peace of concrete from the patio, (part of it hit my leg, didn't realize i was bleeding till i got inside) and the prop was messed up beyond recognition. So i draw up so plans for a heavy duty stand made of steel, build it, and put the motor on. After this, i got the grinder out and cut the bad fiber glass floor inside of the boat (boat hasn't been touched since).

My dad and i replace the water pump, and find a new prop on ebay. So we change the water pump, put the lower unit back on. When you go to put the new prop on, the inside of the prop was to small. Once again, lack of info on the ad, but it was only $10, so my dad and i are like lets hold onto it,maybe we can use it later. After this, motor goes dormant to my dads new truck that he got for 6 pack of beer needing a tranny.

So we get the tranny fixed, and i am sitting on the computer one day and my dad asks me to find the launch ramp in la harbor. So i did, same day we go to check it out, and we find cabrillo pier. We fish it the same day. A couple days later i'm told my friend about it and my dad and i were planning on going back down the night, so i invited my friend. As we are driving down there, my dad turns on 22nd street for some reason. As we are looking for a way back onto the right street i turn my head to the left and say, "dad, look! Its a boat salvage yard." couple weeks later we go down to the salvage yard and we pick up a prop, long story short its to big, so we return it for another prop. This one is correct. We get home, put it on, and we put the motor in water and start it up. Its running great but its in forward when it should be in neutral. Right before we turn it off, it dies. We are like ****, did it run out of gas? No. Is there a clog in the line? No. Well what the hell happened?

And here we are today. This will be undated multiple times, bumped from death, and updated with pictures soon. Also, the boats name is cheap seats, the previous owner named it btw.

Thank you for reading!

Sparky70
02-21-2011, 12:04 AM
BOAT.....Bring-On-Another-Thousand ! :EyePop: :Rolls Eyes: :Sad: