PDA

View Full Version : lake poway catfishin-mission

bdubs
08-01-2007, 11:16 PM
went to poway lake today to do some mornng catfishing. they planted twothousand pounds for their annual cat derby this friday night, i would not reccomned going unless you like fishing conditions that are like a parking lot :cry: , i went there once four years ago with my brother and we spent all night having people cast over our lines and arguing with drunk weekend warriors :cry: , anyways (sorry for the rant) :roll: got there at seven and hit the log boom facing the dam set up shop with mackeral on two lines, caught a 4.9lber in the first twenty minutes. after that i caught four more ranging from 2lbs. to 4lbs. turned out the first one was the biggest it slowed down by noon and i hit the road. all in all a great morning, it seems theyve stocked some decent fish for the derby because they are usually smaller during summer stocks over there. oh yeah the YMCA had their little kids camp feeding the ducks at the boat dock, ya know thirty kids screaming and throwin bread in the water :D i walk by and look down and there must have been (no exageration) 40-50 catfish swarming like sharks feeding on the sinking bread crumbs, ive never seen anything quite like it, a total catfish feeding frenzy :twisted: weel thats it for me, sorry no pics i was riding solo and figured it wasnt worth the hassle............
good luck out there fellas :wink:
b

bdubs
08-11-2007, 10:32 PM
sorry guys posted this in the wrong section, haha anyways if yer ever in SD there it is :lol:

Troutman65
08-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Congrats on your catch of CATFISH

:thumb:

Thanks for your report

Troutman65

Fisher-of-Men
08-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Nice report :!:

There is a Catfish Derby of sorts happening down here is Southern California in a couple of weeks at Lake Irvine. The lake record is a 89.9 oz Catfish.

Up for the challenge??

Fisher-of-Men

one_leg
08-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Nice report, thanks.

It is illegal to feed wildlife, including ducks and geese.

One_Leg

bigkatdee
08-23-2007, 12:10 PM
WTG on the cats