PDA

View Full Version : Planted trout secret

fishmounter
02-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Though I'm not sure of the legality of this method, I don't want anyone to try it.... I'm just telling you about what we did years ago to catch some very big trout.....
Back when I was a trout fisherman at our stocked Orange County pay lakes (Before I fished Alaska and got spoiled), we used to use Velvetta cheese, balled up tight on a size 12 treble hook. We would then take a can of tunafish and put some in our hands and "wash" our hands over the side of the boat, in the water. Canned tuna really gets your hands clean! As the pieces of tuna and oil drifted and sunk down into the water, you could see trout zipping through it, eating the little flakes of tuna. Then you dropped your Velvetta baited hook down and with your bail open and blam!...off goes your line and fish on! We caught a lot of Rainbows and several toads. Now like I said earlier, don't try this method.
Here's a 12 pound Lake Irvine tuna eater:
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/Rtrtmt-1.jpg

Troutman65
02-19-2011, 05:50 PM
It's a processed food. It's also chumming. I am sure it works .

Frequent Flyer
02-19-2011, 05:59 PM
that a good idea! just fill up a bottle and say its ur "homemade dip"

carpanglerdude
02-19-2011, 10:26 PM
"Chumming? No sir, we were just feeding the ducks."

smokehound
02-20-2011, 04:40 AM
"Chumming? No sir, we were just feeding the ducks."then you get fined for feeding the ducks, and littering. :LOL:

Just say "I do not understand the question" :LOL:

Nessie Hunter
02-20-2011, 08:10 AM
IM just a little confused on Why you would post this????
How desperate could any one be to catch a freaking stocked trout???
There is no competition if its not done legally.
Dynamite, Seine nets, throw nets.. Why stop at Illegal Chumming?????

fishmounter
02-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Frank, you are right, but I'm just telling what we did a long time ago to catch to catch fish (For enlightenment values of the fisherman). You should know some of the crazy, stupid, and yes illegal things some kids will do to get ahead, in all aspects of life. When you are young and you want to catch some fish, and because you love fishing more than anything, you go to desperate measures.... I could also tell you about the rifle in my waders with the safety off, but I'll save that for another time.

Viejo
02-20-2011, 10:01 AM
So cheating isn't cheating if you say, "Don't do what I did....even though it is incredibly successful" and then say, "It's for enlightenment values of the fisherman". Finally you post a picture of a 12lb trout caught chumming and a local pay lake and mounted like you were proud of it. Reminds me of the guys fishing worms on an artifical and barbless fishery in the area. They saw nothing wrong with coming out with stringers of large fish and even asking us to take a picture of them. I guess I am just getting old but things are sure different now.

FISHINGBEE
02-20-2011, 10:29 AM
What a bunch of crybabies. Only California has the dumbest laws. I bring a big bottle of 151. Poor it into the water and when the fish are intoxicated bamm they take a bare hook.

Frequent Flyer
02-20-2011, 11:39 AM
sorry guys but i dont speak english anymore while the rangers around. lol

fish4keep
02-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Is it illegal??? SAR, Corona, and Irvine are private lakes. They stock their own fishes and not by the state/county. DFG don't go in there checking for licenses/regulation. Unless that's a lake rule, I don't think it's illegal. Now if you do it at a public (state/county/city) lake, then it's illegal for chumming.....

stocker
02-20-2011, 06:10 PM
My .02 cents. The lakes you were using the velveeta/tuna chunk method on are catch and kill lakes so who cares. Those poor fish needed to be put out of their misery for living in a concrete tub 9/10ths of their lives. When it comes to single barbless/fly only and a few guys are using a treb with corn/cheese I still don't have a problem IF they are fishing to keep A FISH (ONE) for the table. The problem arises in fishing and or hunting when some goon thinks he's the man by keeping and killing everything he hooks or shoots. Why aren't the bluefin or any other fish numbers where they used to be? GREED AND POOR MANAGEMENT. That's why.

BlkManFishin
02-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Sum ppl are so corny. Get off ya high horse and catch sum fish. LOL @151

tracker16
02-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Yes Velvetta used to work real good marshmellow and worm combo was good but I have not seen this used for many years, things have changed.
Is anyone still using this method.

Cameron
02-22-2011, 09:33 AM
I keep marshmallows in my bag just in case lol.I got one in oct on mallow & crawler in boulder bay but really dont use it like I did back in the 80's b-4 PB.

RTG
02-22-2011, 01:19 PM
My .02 cents. The lakes you were using the velveeta/tuna chunk method on are catch and kill lakes so who cares. Those poor fish needed to be put out of their misery for living in a concrete tub 9/10ths of their lives. When it comes to single barbless/fly only and a few guys are using a treb with corn/cheese I still don't have a problem IF they are fishing to keep A FISH (ONE) for the table. The problem arises in fishing and or hunting when some goon thinks he's the man by keeping and killing everything he hooks or shoots. Why aren't the bluefin or any other fish numbers where they used to be? GREED AND POOR MANAGEMENT. That's why.
How noble of you to approve of illegal fishing methods, "IF they are fishing to keep A FISH (ONE) for the table". Barbless, no-bait areas are for the protection of wild trout. The idiots who fish these waters illegally do damage to the trout. If you want to keep one for the table that's great. Either go fish for stockers at a pay lake or use lawful methods. It shouldn't even matter if you get caught or not (and believe me many do) it's a matter of ethics.

goodguy
02-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Is it illegal??? SAR, Corona, and Irvine are private lakes. They stock their own fishes and not by the state/county. DFG don't go in there checking for licenses/regulation. Unless that's a lake rule, I don't think it's illegal. Now if you do it at a public (state/county/city) lake, then it's illegal for chumming.....

Yes it is a lake rule at all these pay lakes. Therefore it is illegal...

DarkShadow
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM

"Do you know what time, date, location of fish that are being stocked by the DFG at Lincoln Park Lake, also what color Power Bait they are biting on?"

backtobasics
02-24-2011, 07:33 PM
IM just a little confused on Why you would post this????
There is no competition if its not done legally.
Dynamite, Seine nets, throw nets.. Why stop at Illegal Chumming?????i think the point was after he payed out 100 clams or so and no fish and tired of chaceing the boats that were catching some he had to go to drastic measures anywhere else would be plain lack of any fishing skills but any of the lakes hes talking to are such a rip off and junked out most the time realy why not you can probly catch them with beer cans cause they just leave there trash all over

Marley
02-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Yes Velvetta used to work real good marshmellow and worm combo was good but I have not seen this used for many years, things have changed.
Is anyone still using this method.

Yes, and they're both effective and quite legal.

mth1997
02-24-2011, 09:54 PM

Dude, you are on the WRONG forum with that kind of talk. Responsibility? HA! Not on FNN (much, anyway).

smokehound
02-25-2011, 10:16 AM
sorry guys but i dont speak english anymore while the rangers around. lollmao.. that reminded me of a time at HB, where a plain-clothes game warden surprised the crap out of this one chinese guy. The chinese guy did the whole "pretend not to speak english" thing when asked about his catch. Then the warden busted out the fluent mandarin. He stopped pretending and starting cursing the warden out in excellent english. :LOL: Dumbass has 6 poles on the rail... Lost all his gear, then he lost his car after telling the warden he had fish in his car.. AND all the fish were released ALIVE.

And he got arrested. :LOL:

Thisfool
02-25-2011, 12:18 PM
wow ok guys calm down the dude is just telling a story about things he use to do back in his youth. all of you pointing fingers and getting all mad can you all really be held accountable for the dumb stuff you did as kids NO it wouldn't be fair to the adult that you grew into but i bet you all have told stories about the dumb stuff you did as kids

oomicha3loo
02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
wow....chill guys o.o its not like he murdered the president. So...my method is car battery, and jumper wire, anyone tried that?

DarkShadow
02-25-2011, 01:15 PM
So...my method is car battery, and jumper wire, anyone tried that?

Yeah, my buddy tried that once.

Unfortunately, he was in a float tube and didn't realize he needed to be OUT of the water for that to work and ended up frying himself in the process.

Josh
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
yeah, my buddy tried that once.

Unfortunately, he was in a float tube and didn't realize he needed to be out of the water for that to work and ended up frying himself in the process.

bwahahahahaha!

FISHINGBEE
02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I like to fly line live trout for stripers and bass anyone got a problem with this. I also found out 10 inch bass taste better than 12. Small bluegills make great bass bait. Chumming mackerel remains work well for catfish. Always bring an extra jar of salmon eggs to chum up the trout. When the fish are thick try gangions. Last but not least bring a big treble hook for snagging lock jawed fish. Have a good view finder on you. If you cant find fish bring one of last weeks caught bass and claim you caught a record fish.

yours for ever truly Mike Long

oomicha3loo
02-25-2011, 03:02 PM

Unfortunately, he was in a float tube and didn't realize he needed to be OUT of the water for that to work and ended up frying himself in the process.

Hmm my new plan is go to the amazon and chum the water with my blood for piranah

pitman
02-26-2011, 05:55 PM
We're seriously talking about tuna juice and processed cheese like it deserves the death penalty. Now the float tube guy getting fried thats awsome!...

dfisher
02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
then you get fined for feeding the ducks, and littering. :LOL:

Just say "I do not understand the question" :LOL:

Is it called littering if the ducks eat it? hehe...

keepemlo
02-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Yeah guys we all know nobody on fnn would ever do anything like this but it was kinda fun hearing it ...i remember growing worms under my bed feeding them cornmeal to turn em white ,from a fishing facts article
My friends thought I was nuts ,my fiching buddies thought I was a genius ,just have fun

fishinone
02-26-2011, 07:45 PM
When fishing for stockers, if they aren't biting, get some small pebbles lots of them. Throw the pebbles into the water like you were throwing bird seed. The stockers are programmed to feed when they hear the sound of pellets hitting the water.

This is legal and it works!

smokehound
03-02-2011, 03:48 AM

Unfortunately, he was in a float tube and didn't realize he needed to be OUT of the water for that to work and ended up frying himself in the process."I'm not a fisherman..... ...Im an electrician!"