PDA

View Full Version : they call it '"bass" university?

dday07
02-18-2011, 03:55 PM
was looking forward to see who was speaking at the bps spring sale but all the speakers are for saltwater only(and bassmaster puts this on?)randy pringle is there the last weekend and he's pretty good.

DarkShadow
02-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Southern California is not considered by Bass Pro Shops as a viable location to invest in a lot of 'bass' type of seminars and speakers, and they have a point.

It's the same reason FLW and Bassmasters won't touch any of our waters down here. They'll have 6 people at their weigh ins, unlike the thousands of folks they pack in arenas down South.

If you're looking for seminars, you'd be better off attending something at the Fred Hall Show, or something at the Bass-A-Thon, where you have a better chance of getting someone more familiar with local waters.

No disrespects to Bill Dance, but I'd rather hear someone who actually fishes our home waters give a seminar.

BassProfessor
02-18-2011, 07:31 PM
I can't believe you just dissed Bill Dance like that. Personally, I love watching him catch bass in private ponds.

exfactor
02-18-2011, 09:57 PM
I can't believe you just dissed Bill Dance like that. Personally, I love watching him catch bass in private ponds.

In private ponds lol. He's good at the bloopers though

fishmounter
02-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah, that private pond that he is always featured fishing on, is his own lake that he had custom made, with drop offs, creek channels, stumps and other structure. (and a small cement launching ramp) Then he had lots of bass, Bluegill, crappie and forage fish stocked so the lake would sustain itself. Wait 5 years and he's got a beautiful bass factory, where he can always catch nice bass for his shows. Must be nice to be a multi-millionaire!

SDDave
02-20-2011, 10:01 AM
What's the diffence between his and all our lakes in socal, ares were made the same way and stocked with fish. Though his lake is probaly bigger... Lol

DarkShadow
02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
What's the diffence between his and all our lakes in socal, ares were made the same way and stocked with fish. Though his lake is probaly bigger... Lol

Well, for 1, it's private. I'm sure those who fish it are probably sportsmen who are there to enjoy themselves, and not to catch dinner. Im sure there is intelligent selective harvest as well.

That alone right there is the major difference between his private pond and our lakes.

Well, that and the fact he probably doesn't get buzzed by guys in glitter rockets, or gets told to get off of spots by tournament anglers.

Shoreline probably isn't littered with old spools of 20 pound test, empty packs of Roboworms, and Coors Light cans. He probably doesn't have to pay a 'fee' to launch or park. He can probably stay on the water as late as he wants, and won't have Ranger Dave doing circles on his patrol boat at dusk to kick him off the water. He probably doesn't have to submit his boat for a full body cavity check to ensure dryness. He probably doesn't have to get to his pond at 1 am, so he can be the 10th person in line when it 'opens' at 7. Probably doesn't have to wait in line at the ramp to launch.

I think that's it. ;-)

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-23-2011, 07:09 PM
all i know is, i see bill catch a 3 pound plus bass on his program,which is normal i guess ,for him being such a superior fisherman..put him on the pudd ,in the off season.or any of the pri madonnas ,and if he owns id be impressed.

tinfish
02-24-2011, 09:24 PM
the line-up is ridiculous!! Ronnie Kovach and Company are just one long rambling commercial. Just watch his program. All hype and commercials..... very disappointing BPS

fishmounter
02-24-2011, 11:14 PM
I did see Bill Dance at Castaic once and he had never been on that lake before. He found the bass on his own and hammered the fish! We were like Huh? We were just on that point and caught nothing! He moves in with a following camera boat and Bill just starts catching one bass after another! He does have a talent for finding and catching bass.

smokehound
02-25-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry but the nascar-like attire just makes me laugh at those guys. :LOL:

Hah, if they wanna show us how skilled they are, they'll go to our park lakes and tell us how they usually kill the bass, after getting skunked. :LOL:

personally, I consider alot of you guys to be better fishermen than them.

most of the time, the bass they target are in waters that have rarely been fished. The bass are stupid.. no real sport at all...

it's like shooting a deer with a heat-seeking missile....

Surfer
02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
They should have had Skeet Reese come and speak since he's from California.