PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR announcements: “From Aaron’s Angle” PLUS Wanna float tube SARL?

sapdawg11
02-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi guys,

So I have some incredible news for everyone. If you've logged onto fishinglakes.com (http://fishinglakes.com) in the last 15 minutes you may have noticed a new link...I'm beyond excited about this so rather than drone on with redundant information, I decided to post this information here as well. These are HUGE announcements for the lakes, for me, and most importantly, for all of you! The past week has been an incredible ride and it's only going to get better from here...ENJOY THE READ!!!
-------------------------------

This from the lakes...

In addition to the thousands and thousands of pounds of beautiful Lightning Trout that we put in our lakes this week, we have some really exciting news to announce…

Bringing trophy fishing to Southern California anglers for over 35 years has taught us a valuable lesson: We want our customers to experience the excitement of catching our fish! And as our videos can attest, thousands of pounds of the highest quality fish are put in our Lakes every week, rain or shine, to provide the necessary ingredients to do just that. But we know that memorable days on the water are not a function of simply knowing that the fish are in the water! You want to feel those fish on the end of your line ripping drag, you want to see them leaping out of the water, and you want to put them on your stringer so that you can bring them home to your family as the centerpiece of a delicious meal. This is where skill and experience comes in and that’s what this announcement is all about!

We have received a wave of comments at the scales, messages via email, Facebook comments and even personal phone calls regarding the recent tutorials, videos, and reports put together by fishingnetwork.net member “sapdawg11”, known in person as Aaron Sappenfield. Anglers reporting amazing success using the methods discussed in his tutorials. Anglers excited to go fishing after seeing fish after fish in his videos. And anglers having a great time reading his detailed reports following his seemingly endless days of great fishing. Aaron has been a long time customer of our Lakes and when we saw his threads on FNN, we were blown away too. He’s left us little choice but to hire him and thus we are here announcing a new section on our website that we are calling “From Aaron’s Angle”!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/sapdawg11/2ndversionbanner2bwcroppped.jpg (http://fishinglakes.com/faa.htm)

From Aaron’s Angle will be a series of tutorials, news, and general information hosted on the fishinglakes.com website regarding the how’s, what’s, when’s, where’s, and why’s of fishing at Santa Ana River Lakes and Corona Lake. This will NOT be your run-of-the-mill lake reporting. ‘From Aaron’s Angle’ will present detailed tutorials with text, pictures, and video that will show you the current methods being used to catch fish at our Lakes. ‘From Aaron’s Angle’ will also present video footage, live on the water reports, angler interviews, and pictures for you to enjoy as an informational resource, free of charge, as a gift from us to you. We have given Aaron carte blanche in his reporting and have told him to simply continue with what he has done in the past: Honest and unbiased reporting from an angler’s perspective. No product pushing, no overstating, just good information. We are happy to subsidize Aaron’s efforts so that we can ensure that this information is available to our customers because the most important thing to us is that you go home happy and that is so much easier when you’ve had a chance to catch our beautiful fish. And we feel very strongly that the information in ‘From Aaron’s Angle’ will provide you with the tools necessary to do just that! Tutorials, videos and reports are already up on the fishingLakes.com website and future plans do not stop at website content. Clicking on the "From Aaron's Angle" banner above will take you directly there. Fishing tournaments, weekly contests for those using Aaron’s methods and on the water giveaways are all in the works so stay tuned…

But Aaron had his demands before deciding to join us! Maybe not so much “demands” as much as great ideas for you guys to be able to have more fun at our Lakes. And I don’t want to steal Aaron’s thunder so I will allow him to make those announcements. But I do want to take a moment to say WELCOME ABOARD AARON! We are really excited to have you and I’m sure our customers are excited too!

---------------------------------------------

All I can say is WOW! To say that this whole thing came as a whirlwind would be a severe understatement and needless to say, I am so incredibly excited!

I have been a customer of SARL/Corona Lake for longer than I can remember. I remember sitting on the shoreline of SARL sharing the lantern light with my dad when I was just a kid and I’ve pulled on who knows how many double digit fish in Corona Lake over the last decade of float tubing there. These amazing moments produced some priceless memories and as is readily apparent in my posts, these moments have made me a very loyal customer. So when the lake contacted me about their idea for “From Aaron’s Angle” after my last report (…Football Shmootball, I’m going fishing…) it was like Christmas in February! To now have the opportunity to be directly involved with the Lakes is just incredible to me. And once you hear how all of this is going to work out for you, the angler, I hope you’ll be every bit as excited as I am!! We have so many plans for “From Aaron’s Angle” that I couldn’t even begin to list them here. But what I will say is that as mentioned in the comment from the Lakes, website content is just the tip of the iceberg…

Also as mentioned by the Lakes, I had a few requests, the first and foremost being that my reporting ALWAYS be 100% honest. That means no product pushing and no inaccurate details. Just good honest reporting and information like I’ve provided in my threads. Needless to say, they loved the idea as the threads were their reason for hiring me! So I’ll say this right up front…I really like Berkley products. I am an avid Powerbait and Powerworm user. I also fish with Lip Ripperz Trout Wormz and Mini-Ripperz A LOT. If you open my tackle bag you’re going to find a big bag of Trout King trout worms and jigs right alongside my pile of Eagle Claw worms, scents and dough bait. And after that promotional line for a long list of companies that compete directly with the Lakes' long time sponsor Eagle Claw, I STILL HAVE A JOB! Me having no sponsorship agendas means that when I say that a particular bait, jig, worm, etc. is producing fish, I mean it! The only agenda I have is to get you guys catching more and bigger fish while also providing a bit of entertainment. A common comment that I read on internet forums and hear from people in person is, “I really want to maximize my time out there.” And that will be the main focus of “From Aaron’s Angle”: Helping you maximize your time by putting more fish at the end of your line!

And now the second set of announcements…HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS!

I’ve missed float tubing Santa Ana River Lakes for the past few years and I really enjoy fishing in trout tournaments. When I expressed this to the people at the offices of SARL/Corona Lake they saw exactly where I was headed. So for those that can’t stand the suspense, here’s the short version:

1) FLOAT TUBES ARE BACK AT SANTA ANA RIVER LAKES!!!!
2) Introducing the SARL/Corona Lake “INFLATABLE NAVY”!!!! Tournaments, events, discounts and more!

No…I’m not joking. Now the long of it:

Float tubes really are back at SARL! While working out the details of “From Aaron’s Angle” with the office staff, I was persistent about how great it would be to see float tubes back at SARL. So after finalizing things over the weekend, I was told that if I really was truly serious about trying to get float tubes back at SARL that I needed to prepare materials to present to the water district before their next meeting only a few short days later. I truly do miss kicking around out there and I know a slew of you guys do too and thus I spent some late nights putting together a pamphlet regarding Zebra/Quagga prevention on inflatable vessels at SARL. This is what I came up with...

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/sapdawg11/Flieroutsidev2.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/sapdawg11/Flierinsidev2.jpg

And the outcome of burning some midnight oil putting the above images together: We now have permission from the water district to have float tubes back at SARL! How cool is that?! I first received the email saying that this went through while sitting in a meeting. It was all that I could do to stop myself from shouting, "WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!". But I couldn't stop the silent fist pump and still got some weird looks! HA! And what's really great is that the float tube news doesn’t stop there…

Now....Introducing...the “Inflatable Navy”. As an avid float tuber, I cannot say enough how excited I am to announce the brand new, suitably named, “SARL/Corona Lake Inflatable Navy”!! And here’s why:

Experienced float tubers will readily attest to the fact that float tubing has exploded in popularity. And the reasoning behind that is obvious. This is an easy, affordable, convenient, and most importantly, PRODUCTIVE means of getting out on the water. And thus, we want to see as many people out there as possible enjoying this outlet at Corona Lake and now SARL too and thus the “Inflatable Navy”.

The Inflatable Navy will be an aspect of “From Aaron’s Angle” dedicated to fishing from a float tube. The Inflatable Navy will be a group, it will be an EVENT SERIES (!!!), it will be TOURNAMENTS (!!!), it will be GIVEAWAYS (!!!),it will be DISCOUNTS (!!!), it will be VIDEOS, it will be TUTORIALS and it will be anything else that we can think of that will promote float tube fishing. Thus, this will be a float tubing group by float tubers and for float tubers. And to throw out a little teaser…THE INAUGURAL “INFLATABLE NAVY” SARL FLOAT TUBE HOMECOMING EVENT is already in the works AND is coming VERY soon so keep an eye out on fishinglakes.com (http://fishinglakes.com) for all of the details!!! Prepare yourselves for an awesome event. I’m vibrating I’m so excited!

I want to be sure and finish this up by saying A HUGE THANKS to everyone that commented, pm’d and emailed about the videos, threads, and reports. It truly has been a blast to see the responses and I can’t put into words how much I appreciate all of the kind words that have been said to me and to the Lakes. To put it quite simply, you are all the best and I’m going to do EVERYTHING I can to pay you all back the best way that I know how: By sharing everything that I know in an understandable format so that you can get out there and put a huge dent in the fish population at my favorite Lakes in southern California: SARL and CORONA LAKE! A huge thanks for reading, this is going to be an insane amount of fun! This is only just the beginning. GET OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redside
02-17-2011, 07:44 PM
This is so WAY COOL!!! I'm going to break out my fly rod, float tube, fins and give it a try! I can hardly wait! Many thanks to Sapdawg, and the staff at SARL for making this happen.

E.A.R.G.
02-17-2011, 07:54 PM
DUDE!
Congrats SAPDAWG!
Couldn't have happened to a cooler dude
All those comments I've posted about missing float tubing at SARL, and you're really making it happen!
Inflatable navy here I come man!
Congrats again!

crashdavis13
02-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Congrats Sapdawg!!!
Your threads have been amazing! You are the perfect guy for this!
I just got my first float tube and look forward to joining the Inflatable Navy.
Good Luck on your new position.

Revo562
02-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Congrats! I love it when good things happen to good people! Thanks for all the info.

troutdog
02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Congratulations Aaron, your efforts certainly merit this....from the video reports, posts and tutorials you certainly put in the work. Congrats once again and wtg in persuading the water district into bringing the tube action back to Sarl.

TD

Trout Doctor
02-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Dude you are ridiculous! Not only amazing posts but a successful crash presentation to the water district to get tubing at SARL!? I literally just bought a tube last week too. Haven't had a chance to use it but this increases my options big time! Sir, I salute you, and congrats on your new gig.

Troutman65
02-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Totally Awesome. Looking forward to reading from your Aaron's Angle . :Cool::Big Grin:

TUNAVIC
02-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Pretty Cool Stuff Congratulations!

NachoFish
02-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Wow Aaron .....what incredible news! Congrats on the new gig. Just like all your reports, I'll really be looking foward to Aaron's Corner! Can't wait for the "inflatable navy"....the birthday fairy will be delivering my tube soon (well, as soon as I drive to bps) and will look forward to breaking it in at SARL.

Maz
02-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Congrats to Aaron !

Though I'm not a fan of waders, and I don't think I could tube without them at SARL.

mudd
02-18-2011, 04:50 PM
This is huge! Your positive impact on our fishing community should be commended. Thanks Aaron!

Marley
02-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Way cool, Aaron. Congratulations! I just might have to get out the olde float tube again! A question though; if SARL want dry tubes only, how will a regular be able to fish there from a tube? I would think that the tube would still be wet from the last time.
But what a great accomplishment in getting tubes back ont o SARL. Way to go!

Troutman65
02-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Maybe put some sort of tag on it . If broken then you can not put on the lake . Or something Marley

Maz
02-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Way cool, Aaron. Congratulations! I just might have to get out the olde float tube again! A question though; if SARL want dry tubes only, how will a regular be able to fish there from a tube? I would think that the tube would still be wet from the last time.

Mine dry off within an hour or two, provided it's not foggy or raining.

phishin phool
02-18-2011, 06:50 PM
I too wanna congatulate Sapdawg/Aaron, I'm lookin forward to seein more of your work here and at fishinglakes.com. And a HUUUUUUGE thank you for your work on getting float tubes ok'd at sarl. I cant wait to get out there. And sign me up for the "inflatable navy"!

sapdawg11
02-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Wow, just WOW!! Again, I can't say thanks enough and also again, I can't tell you guys enough how excited I am about this. To see everyone else excited too, it just doesn't get any better!

sapdawg11
02-18-2011, 07:50 PM

Marley,

Great question! This is something that is definitely being worked on but first thing was first..getting float tubes back on the lake. That was accomplished just a few days ago, so with time the process will only get better. I promise that it's a top priority! The MOST important thing is to keep the water district on our side and the only way to do that is to play by their rules. Their rules obviously are going to ALWAYS go the way of being cautionary and truly, as patrons of the lake we need to be in a similar mindset. This Zebra/Quagga stuff is a really big deal and needs to be taken 110% seriously. So the BEST thing that we can all do as float tubers is to play "better safe than sorry" every time we take our equipment out and to be sure to let the person at the gate know where and when we used our tubes last.

Marley I know you're super experienced with all of this but for anybody else that's wondering...the fastest way to get your tube dry is to pull out the plastic air bladders, towel them off, towel off the canvas shell, and let it sit out for a bit. Even on humid days with my tube sitting out of the sun, if I follow those steps my tube is completely dry within a few hours.

Thanks for bringing this up Marley! Without a doubt it is super important to figure out a way that people can bring their tubes out there day after day after day after day after day...you get the picture!!!!!

TroutOnly
03-02-2011, 10:11 AM
VERY NICE SAPDAWG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

marshhawk
03-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Aaron thats great news, while I primarily fish Corona in my tube its great to have the option to fish SARL. Good Job, and I'm looking forward to seeing out on the water. Thanks for your hard work, Marshhawk

Señor.Chilax
03-02-2011, 04:34 PM
WOw, this looks like fun. Way to go SARL.

Hometown
03-02-2011, 05:11 PM
very cool thank you for your hard work Aaron

Josh
03-03-2011, 04:36 PM
now if only they'd allow inflatable boats :)

Congrats on the gig and the hard work payin off.

HBAR
03-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Ok all I just got an email from SARL saying that only "traditional" style float tubes will be allowed on the lake, they don't want to take the chance or "bend" the rules, so if you have one like mine your SOL!!!

This rule comes from the water district NOT SARL, just to clear things up.

HBAR
03-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Saturday I'm standing in line for my son to fish the pool at the show, when I check my email and Aaron informs me that a kick boat like mine as of that morning will be allowed :UDaMan:
I was urgh at first but then after reading Aarons message and then talking to him at the show and getting a email from SARL I'm beside myself, I can't wait.

sapdawg11
03-14-2011, 09:21 PM
No problem buddy! Great to see you so stoked and awesome to meet you at the show. After the event we'll have to be sure and kill some fish together...float tube vs. kickboat!!!!

HBAR
03-15-2011, 10:01 PM
:Guns::Fishing Hole::Fishing Catch::Neener Neener:

I can't wait.

fishtales
03-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey Aaron,

Please check your PM.

Thanks,

FT