PDA

View Full Version : Yucaipa Rip-off!

MexicanPistachio
02-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Couple plans didnt go thru so I opted for my hometown lake. Got to the top lake around 10 and fished the rocks. From 10 to 1230ish there were 4 trout caught, and mine was 1 of them. Caught mine on gulp yellow pb, no love on plastics. Around 1230 the calaveras truck shows up. What a joke!!! They unloaded 1 pen/tank with maybe 100 fish or so, it took about 15-20 seconds to unload the fish. Its not the 500lbs that the county/us fisherman paid for. No fish were caught after the stock and the ones I did see swimming were on the small side. It was a beautiful day but the fishing sucked. I think the county needs to watch the stock to verify they are getting what they paid for. Here are a few pics...

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll172/josephmujica/2011-02-17123751.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll172/josephmujica/2011-02-17125208.jpg
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll172/josephmujica/2011-02-17104159.jpg

TUNAVIC
02-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Intresting,my buddy was at Guasti,he was told they stocked early thurs mornings,he fished all morning never caught a fish and never saw the truck,I think they get the Calaveras trout also.
At least you didn't get skunked!

yucaipahunter
02-17-2011, 09:37 PM
The truck showed up at Guasti around 2:30pm, it was his last stop he said. The fish were normal stockers around 1.5lb. , nothing huge but alot of fish! Did Yucaipa split their stock between lakes? Maybe you only saw part of the stock going in.

Anthony I.
02-18-2011, 07:35 AM
The truck showed up around 2:30 huh? My buddy went I'm the morning and said it slow and he left around 1230... I guess they stocked guasti around 730am the week before and that's why he went early... Oh well

Viejo
02-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Look for even more limiting of stocking from County Funds. The County of San Bernardino is several hundred million in the hole. Every agency within the County is suffering large cuts to funding and discretionary programs such as stocking County lakes will be among the first to be considered to be cut. With the climate of cutting at the State and now local level, look for it to get much worse before it gets better.

MexicanPistachio
02-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Look for even more limiting of stocking from County Funds. The County of San Bernardino is several hundred million in the hole. Every agency within the County is suffering large cuts to funding and discretionary programs such as stocking County lakes will be among the first to be considered to be cut. With the climate of cutting at the State and now local level, look for it to get much worse before it gets better.

I agree the county is on trouble and needs to make cuts. I also feel fish stockings and other recreations departments need to be cut before public safety/education programs get cut. But I'm sure the county signed a larger fish contact months ago and if I was a business I would make sure I'm getting what I paid for too. I'm not an expert of fish planting but to me and everyone out there the stock seemed smaller than the 500lbs they claimed to stock. Maybe the other lake got more fish than the top.

castle
02-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Maybe you can dish out another 20 bucks tomorrow and get screwed again. Id save my money for other things like unpaid bills, etc. Just my gut feeling of that place.

bob sr
02-19-2011, 05:55 AM
White water fish hatchery..........I was told , by a very reliable source a few years ago, that Yucaipa was no longer getting the fish from White water because wHITEWATER

IncredibleHuck
02-19-2011, 09:55 AM
White water fish hatchery..........I was told , by a very reliable source a few years ago, that Yucaipa was no longer getting the fish from White water because wHITEWATER

???????

White water has been closed for years!

carpanglerdude
02-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I think it's a nature conservatory now...(whitewater)