PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Bait Receivers...

gman90706
08-01-2007, 08:36 PM
What's your favorite bait receiver in LB? I've always stopped by Nacho's, don't know why, just have. Last week decided to stop by Bill's for the first time but all he had was big sardines, so I hit up the new barge (guess they've only been running for a month or so now) and they seem pretty cool with generous scoops... http://www.longbeachbaitcompany.com/ plus their is pretty cool blog although it doesnt' look like it's religiously updated yet...

Just curious what others prefer / experiences, etc.

Baseballer44
08-01-2007, 09:04 PM
I like to go to Bill's bait, depending on what I hear. My dad went out a few days before me and said all he had was large dines and dead chovies. So I decided to go to the very large bait barge, I guess Nacho's, and thats all they had too, but they were pretty jerky. I saw after the first small scoop they gave me that the sardines were way too large, so I asked for the next scoop Anchovies only, and they got angry with me for being selective and argued with me about it, then finally said thats all they had and gave me another small scoop and moved on to the next person. Bill's bait is the same stuff for the most part, generous, and extremely nice to deal with. Havent been to the new place yet, but I guess Friday when I go out I should stop by and see it first hand. I just hate mean people. Especially when you are giving them your money.

ghetto dad
08-01-2007, 09:54 PM
What's your favorite bait receiver in LB? I've always stopped by Nacho's, don't know why, just have. Last week decided to stop by Bill's for the first time but all he had was big sardines, so I hit up the new barge (guess they've only been running for a month or so now) and they seem pretty cool with generous scoops... http://www.longbeachbaitcompany.com/ plus their is pretty cool blog although it doesnt' look like it's religiously updated yet...

Just curious what others prefer / experiences, etc.

yeah, LB Bait co is great......the young ashleys have done good.....