PDA

View Full Version : slow and cold!

thomasfishing
02-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Figured the storm will make the lobster crawl good last night. Not! Infact as we lauach from hh at 4pm the sky was clearing up. then the wind came up and it was a cold and wet 40mins to our secret spot that normally we get to in 20mins. All ten nets in by 530pm. First set pulled at 6pm for only nothing with a big *** fur ball on us. He even ripped 2 bait cages that were zipped tied to the nets. Maybe that why we didnt get squat and the fact with a clear sky and full moon did us in too. But my boat hoe is a trooper so picked up our nets and lose the fur ball went to another spot and let soak for a good 30mins. Long story short ended up with 5 legals and a bunch of crabs. Usually im home by 8pm but we didnt get home till 10pm. So if yu guys and gals go out, make sure to bundle up!. My little girl waited up for me becuase she couldnt sleep until i get home.

stepchild
02-17-2011, 12:03 PM
i have never eatin spider crabs,how do you cook them up?

DockRat
02-18-2011, 05:32 AM
i have never eatin spider crabs,how do you cook them up?

Boil them for 45 min.
Them put whole spider crab in the trashcan.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/AUBURN_MYSTIQUE/Animals_Children/Cats%20and%20dogs/dog-sick.jpg

chris
02-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Nice catch thomas

stepchild I've scrubbed and steamed the legs and fed them to people but they're to ugly for me to eat. We pulled one up last week that had mussels growing out of it's armpits and trash stuck to its shell