PDA

View Full Version : Structure and Tree/Rock Piles??

karalm
02-17-2011, 05:40 AM
I have heard that Vine mgmt some time back planted trees around the lake. The last time I was on the troll I noticed several "wierd" structural readings on my finder just west of trout island and in the middle of boatdock cove. Can anyone add to info on weather these exist at the Vine or not?? (Man made for crappie or bass)

Marley
02-17-2011, 12:18 PM
The Fenceline is a "landmark" at Irvine Lake, and is on many lake maps. It's a remnant of decades long since gone and is probably what you graphed off of the island. It's fun to see folks find it for the first time, always turn on it for a second look. A fish magnet, for sure. Gotta be about 40 feet deep now, I would guess.
Not sure where in the cove you're talking about, but there is a lot of brush in spots. There are Christmas tree reefs and their secret spots are well-kept.
Oh, and welcome to the boards!

karalm
02-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Marley,
Thanks for the info. I grew up fishing at the Vine when my dad first brought me back in the late 60's. Caught some bluegill on worms and started me on the fishing craze. Left fishing due to work and family from the 80's until now and have been two times back in Aug and Dec and did well marking fish and finding them. I will be out in force when its bassin' time but have already great luck in trout on the troll and by listening to you and others here