PDA

View Full Version : blythe river fishing

gogreeenz4
02-15-2011, 02:44 PM
havent really fished here much but my girls got a place about 25 miles from the main interstate on intake blvd so i was gonna fish but wondering were and what bait to get fish on out there..i perfer fly tackle but i think itll be easyier to use spinning gear with live bait but please let me hear your suggestions and tips if you would thanks

Vulture
02-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Depending on what you’re fishing for and which direction you are on Intake Blvd. If you’re south of the 10 Fwy try hitting Oxbow lake. If your north there are plenty of canals that hold gills, tilapia and lil cats. Good old fashion night crawler on a C rig works the best but for the gills and tilapias try using a slip bobber. Hope this gives you a lil direction.

gogreeenz4
02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Depending on what you’re fishing for and which direction you are on Intake Blvd. If you’re south of the 10 Fwy try hitting Oxbow lake. If your north there are plenty of canals that hold gills, tilapia and lil cats. Good old fashion night crawler on a C rig works the best but for the gills and tilapias try using a slip bobber. Hope this gives you a lil direction.

yes defiantly does im just gonna fish the river and i was thinkn nightcrawler or some type of corn to try and get some carp but defianlty thanks for the advice

oldmaninsea
02-16-2011, 04:50 PM
All sounds good to me. I'm supposed to go to the River in April. Cousin and niece have a place "near Yuma" not really sure exactly where. They do really good there, she landed a 12.6# LMB recently; according to him they almost exclusively use live shiners; asked him about artificials ... he said ok, but her prefers the shiners

Tom
over and out

oldmaninsea
02-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey all sounds good to me, but it's been a long time since I fished the River. Cousin and niece have a place near Yuma, AZ (not sure exactly where); they do really good on LIVE SHINERS .. she landed a 12.6# LMB recently; asked them about artificials, they said: "ok" but "we prefer the shiners, seem to attract larger fish ..."

Tom
over and out

Katnip
02-16-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure were shiners don't do good LOL.

Vulture
02-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Sent you a PM.

gogreeenz4
02-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure were shiners don't do good LOL.

i was thinkn thatd do well but now i gotta get some i dont ever deal with live bait cuzi use fly gear and i tie my own flies and i dont really every stray from local mtn streams with native or wild trout so this is something new to me defiantly but ever once and a while i got after lmbs but never gone after cats on a fly rod so this will be a new experience

sweetfish
02-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Contact the guys at Blue Water tackle in Temecula. They go there every year to do fly fishing on the river for smallmouths.

backtobasics
02-24-2011, 06:41 PM
i was thinkn thatd do well but now i gotta get some i dont ever deal with live bait cuzi use fly gear and i tie my own flies and i dont really every stray from local mtn streams with native or wild trout so this is something new to me defiantly but ever once and a while i got after lmbs but never gone after cats on a fly rod so this will be a new experience may be too late but i know this river very well so here is the scoop mackrel ok bad spelling but im sure you understand and chicken liver for cat fish work amazing at night early morning dude take your fly rod if you have a 6 weight and use your common bass flys poopers not that great any sub surface is good white is a good color for the river or old swimjigs on spin gear look for canals near any part of the tulies here is the secret spot palo verdis at the end of town theres a dirt road that says colorado river take dirt road til you see the bridge once your acrossed turn right start looking to your right and you will see a little beach area none as hippy hole in the back are some toolies i have got some huge bass and catfish and its never got outfished in the 6 years i have been there and just for thaught great place in the summer if your single no joke lol blue gill love rooster tales on the river also you will catch alot of them i hope this helps good luck

gogreeenz4
02-25-2011, 08:30 AM
may be too late but i know this river very well so here is the scoop mackrel ok bad spelling but im sure you understand and chicken liver for cat fish work amazing at night early morning dude take your fly rod if you have a 6 weight and use your common bass flys poopers not that great any sub surface is good white is a good color for the river or old swimjigs on spin gear look for canals near any part of the tulies here is the secret spot palo verdis at the end of town theres a dirt road that says colorado river take dirt road til you see the bridge once your acrossed turn right start looking to your right and you will see a little beach area none as hippy hole in the back are some toolies i have got some huge bass and catfish and its never got outfished in the 6 years i have been there and just for thaught great place in the summer if your single no joke lol blue gill love rooster tales on the river also you will catch alot of them i hope this helps good luck

i used night crawlers and killd it for smallies and i got 2 crappies as well but that was when i got down to the last ni8ghtcrawlers and i cut um in half.. i probly got about 10 to 12 fish in the 6 hours i fish all were c&r properly but there was no cats at all.. i tryd corn i tryd chicken liver i tried blood stink bait stuff and no luck but id trather have a smallie over a cat anyday or place.. ill be out there a lot spring and summer so ill defiantly check out your spot and jig ideas .. thanks for the info btb

Catrack77
02-25-2011, 05:31 PM
28738[QUOTE=gogreeenz4;524791]i

Lightning
03-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Nice catch DC.