PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

Khmerfishing
08-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Im going to purchase a boat that hasnt been registered since 2001 please help! What should I be looking for in these type of sale also who or what I should contact regarding getting it registered?

Thanks for all your help!

KF

Captwoody
08-01-2007, 07:20 PM
be careful the rules have changed and unless you get lucky you will have to pay all the fees from 2001 forward plus penalties. I learned my lesson the hard way buying a small aluminum- about a $150 in fees and penaties for a $500 boat- later woody

08-02-2007, 12:28 AM
Before you buy...Ask for the Hull Identification number or registration and take it to the DMV, they will tell you all the money the boat is due for on registration and late fees. Also ask the dmv if the boat and trailer are free from any liens.

Good Luck

Khmerfishing
08-02-2007, 08:02 AM
thanks! I will definetly ask about that!

fish4lunkers
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I got around the fees on my last boat by saying it didnt have a motor, then i just had to pay to transfer owner ship, a month later i went in and said i want to put a motor on it and paid as if it was never registered with a motor. This was a couple years back don't know if they've gotten smarter by now!

Bucket bay
08-03-2007, 10:28 AM
D.m.v. only has records for 5 years if it has not been registered. Then they throw it out of the system. You will have to start like it is a new boat and trailer that never existed.