PDA

View Full Version : Wife thinks I am a jerk. You decide?

cutbait
02-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Came home and found the neighbors cat was a bit slow and ended up having a bad Valentines day.

So you tell me?

Is wife right to call me a jerk for taking a pick and chuckling a bit?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/kity.jpg

Troutman65
02-14-2011, 08:18 PM
WTF ? Is the cat alive ? It looks to be stuck under the garage door .

Thisfool
02-14-2011, 08:19 PM
yea just a bit.

here is the question that will put it to rest. is it only funny cuz its a cat or would it still be funny if it was a dog.

cutbait
02-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Well when they opened the door to pull it out they closed it again and damn near killed the dog too as it tried to run in. I chuckled again thinking how I would have to knock on their door and tell them that now they've killed the dog

Ifishtoolittle
02-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Well I personally never laugh at the death of an animal, I just think it's unfortunate. Taking a picture I wouldn't do that either, but I don't see anything wrong with that. So it really depends on who you ask. If you were to ask me I'd say you are bit. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but the when anything dies it's never something to laugh about.

Thisfool
02-14-2011, 08:31 PM
lol ok your not a jerk you just have a darker since of humor.

now if you would of only thought it was funny cuz it was a cat then i would say yea your a bit of a jerk. but its all good.

trail blazer
02-14-2011, 08:33 PM
OOO NOOOOOOOOO ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Take it from a man that knows you my friend,,,,,,,,,,YOU ARE A JERK,,LOL

As far as the pic,,,,,,,,,,,some will be saddend,,some offended,,,,and some wont even bat an eye,,,,,,,,,But one thing is for sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Your going to get the most action on this post from the OFFENDED ones,,LOL

TRAIL BLAZER

trail blazer
02-14-2011, 08:35 PM
lol ok your not a jerk you just have a darker since of humor.

now if you would of only thought it was funny cuz it was a cat then i would say yea your a bit of a jerk. but its all good.

Dont let him off that easy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!!!!!!!

He laughed beacuse it was a cat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HU HU HU!

TRAIL BLAZER

wulfman
02-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok, i have to agree that for the owner and the cat itself it's a bit sad. But other than that, i find it hilarious! Ya that's one of those pics that turns into some sort of card in the funny section of Hallmark. lol Good **** man!

Double A
02-14-2011, 09:30 PM
yea your a jerk

but im laughing my a** off

so that makes me a jerk too

Marley
02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
OMG, if only this post were on BD...

BassProfessor
02-14-2011, 10:42 PM
You're not a jerk, serial killers and all sorts of mentally deranged individuals find that sort of thing absolutely knee-slapping hysterically funny.

Monkeerow
02-14-2011, 10:49 PM
That's just natural selection right there. The slow and dumb ones always die first. I approve the laughter.

bowler
02-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Either your garage door is super fast or the cat i really slow.

Trout Doctor
02-14-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say that's not funny.

Though judging by the rest of the responses, I am apparently a bit of a weenie.

troutguy26
02-14-2011, 11:14 PM
is it really stuck?

it looks like the head could be turned and its blended in with its body? not funny btw, unless its fake

Sublime-Steve
02-14-2011, 11:50 PM
what ever happen to those censors that keep stuff like this from happening? could have been a baby... my dog ran under the garage door the other day and it opened right up no harm done..

BIGRED KILLA
02-15-2011, 03:48 AM
LOL Thats one slow cat. <"-">

Bigred

cutbait
02-15-2011, 04:04 AM
what ever happen to those censors that keep stuff like this from happening? could have been a baby... my dog ran under the garage door the other day and it opened right up no harm done..

We looked at the sensors. They were installed 5 inches off the floor.

Newfishsmell
02-15-2011, 05:12 AM
All i have to say is....
when your 9 lives are up ,their up .

5150fishn
02-15-2011, 07:24 AM
For me it is not so funny. But I am not the humor police. To each his own.

stepchild
02-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Well I personally never laugh at the death of an animal, I just think it's unfortunate. Taking a picture I wouldn't do that either, but I don't see anything wrong with that. So it really depends on who you ask. If you were to ask me I'd say you are bit. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but the when anything dies it's never something to laugh about.

i dont understand..we take pics of fish dying,lobsters on the grill.whats the difference???...i see pics of hunters pose with their kill..whats the difference???jmho!!!

Fysher
02-15-2011, 07:51 AM
I see both sides:

It's funny because how does a cat gets smashed by a garage door when I noticed that all the cats I've seen, once they hear the slightest noise they're up and looking and get the f*** out of the way. (Must have been one of those no noise closing garage doors)

It's not funny because it could have been something or someone else underneath there.

"Human nature" - Most laugh because it's not our pet, but if it was, I know they won't be laughing.

Viejo
02-15-2011, 08:02 AM
No thoughts one way or the other on the photo other then our garage door has both a pressure senstive strip on the bottom and an infrared eye that won't let that happen. Like electric windows on a car, a garage door like that one is a real hazard to small kids.

seal
02-15-2011, 08:11 AM
You can't rubberize the world (and protect slow stupid animals). Stuff happens, not sure if I would have taken a pic though, yea your a jerk, welcome to the club.

Ifishtoolittle
02-15-2011, 09:12 AM
i dont understand..we take pics of fish dying,lobsters on the grill.whats the difference???...i see pics of hunters pose with their kill..whats the difference???jmho!!!

Yeah I guess you're right on the pics of fish, but I don't hunt. So okay you can call me a hypocrite, but I don't take pleasure in killing fish I just do it for food or so others can have a meal.

smokehound
02-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Poor kitty..

Seņor.Chilax
02-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I think this is hilarious!!! If this was a picture without the back story and just a funny headline, nobody would think this is wrong. It was just stuck, animals get stuck all the time and sometimes it's funny. What? You guys don't watch America's Funniest Home Videos??? They have actual footage of animals in weird situations and the whole crowd is cracking up. I'm sure as soon as that door opened it took off faster than Speedy Gonzalez. And don't bring up, What if it was a baby??? It wasn't! It was an animal, it was a cat stuck under a garage door... HAHAHA!

City Dad
02-15-2011, 09:52 AM
I think those of us who have hung around this forum for few years have be able to do so because we CAN'T be offended... but nice try none-the-less. Kudos!

Here's a question you might ask yourself: Would you put that picture up on your church bulletin board? Or how about framed, over the dining room table? A keychain? Maybe on a mug?

IMHO taking a picture of something bizarre is just human nature... but the source of your apparent pleasure... that might be worth taking a closer look at.

cutbait
02-15-2011, 10:04 AM
I think those of us who have hung around this forum for few years have be able to do so because we CAN'T be offended... but nice try none-the-less. Kudos!

Here's a question you might ask yourself: Would you put that picture up on your church bulletin board? Or how about framed, over the dining room table? A keychain? Maybe on a mug?

IMHO taking a picture of something bizarre is just human nature... but the source of your apparent pleasure... that might be worth taking a closer look at.

Your reading way too much into it..

I guess you never liked the Tom and Jerry cartoons where Tom would chase Jerry into the hole in the wall and got his head stuck. How about Wile E. Coyote falling off cliff after cliff?

yolo
02-15-2011, 11:44 AM
That's one slammed p u ssy!

fishingforreds
02-15-2011, 11:55 AM
IMO I'd have to call BS. From the way the picture was taken it looks like the garage door is completely closed. If that's the case that means the head would have to be cut off or at least sliced. If so where's the blood pool? If it didn't cut into the head then there should be an opening between the floor and the garage door.

At the same time you said that the sensor was about 5 inches from the ground. That's still high enough for it to pick up the cat's head and even if it didn't the garage doors these day's have a fail safe system where if it detects anything blocking the door from closing all the way it either retracts back or stops right there and would not continue on.

Just my 2 cents...or maybe I'm watching too much CSI.

Criss
02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
If the wife is hot,then you are a jerk..If not, it doesn't matter......hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahaa

tpfishnfool
02-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey,, Its better that if the cat was chopped up like burger by a car fan blade...... Been there seen that... NO GOOD.

HBAR
02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
OH man if I were to say what I really want to say then I'll be the JERK, but basically folks I'm tired of the 20 something cats that live up the street pissin and crappin all over the place and around my truck. I hate dogs and cats equally since I'm allergic to both of them.

Thisfool
02-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Hey,, Its better that if the cat was chopped up like burger by a car fan blade...... Been there seen that... NO GOOD.

once i had a lady come in saying her car is making a bad smell and it is squeaking. well i open the hood and there was cat ceviche every where there was no recognizable single part left of the cat just fur blood guts meat and lil chunks of bone every where.

i would never want to get stuck in the serpentine belt of a 96 ford mustang F THAT

Trout Doctor
02-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm sure as soon as that door opened it took off faster than Speedy Gonzalez.

http://uppix.net/3/6/5/f52322bd6ff711230a88ce2c4b23b.jpg

evalrez
02-15-2011, 03:55 PM
lol...well, lobsters...fish...bears...etc. we eat those. We don't eat cats. That's the difference.

cutbait
02-15-2011, 04:09 PM
once i had a lady come in saying her car is making a bad smell and it is squeaking. well i open the hood and there was cat ceviche every where there was no recognizable single part left of the cat just fur blood guts meat and lil chunks of bone every where.

i would never want to get stuck in the serpentine belt of a 96 ford mustang F THAT

Cat ceviche you say?

Criss
02-15-2011, 04:10 PM
some people eat cats and dogs.

cutbait
02-15-2011, 04:10 PM
We don't eat cats. That's the difference.

You may wanna change that to "Most don't eat cats".

Seņor.Chilax
02-15-2011, 04:11 PM
lol...well, lobsters...fish...bears...etc. we eat those. We don't eat cats. That's the difference.

Speak for yourself! I love chiles reyenos with stuffed cat meat, yummy!!! HAHAHA!

fishinone
02-15-2011, 04:23 PM
I like cats and I think it's funny. That cat had to be loosing it to wind up in that position.

I like orange flavored chicken too!

But then again, your wife probably knows you pretty well.:LOL:

IncredibleHuck
02-15-2011, 04:25 PM
IMO I'd have to call BS. From the way the picture was taken it looks like the garage door is completely closed. If that's the case that means the head would have to be cut off or at least sliced. If so where's the blood pool? If it didn't cut into the head then there should be an opening between the floor and the garage door.

At the same time you said that the sensor was about 5 inches from the ground. That's still high enough for it to pick up the cat's head and even if it didn't the garage doors these day's have a fail safe system where if it detects anything blocking the door from closing all the way it either retracts back or stops right there and would not continue on.

Just my 2 cents...or maybe I'm watching too much CSI.

Ditto! From working on some garage doors I agree with you.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-15-2011, 04:36 PM
that advanced animal suffered a painful death ,how is that funny.what is wrong with you guys.if it was a dog or god forbed a small child,you all would have a different attitude.even thou cats are more advanced ,or equal to dogs.the smarter the animal the harder they are to train.your wife is right.your out of line.you have never owned a cat ,so you have no idea .no disrespect intended, but you posted this crap...mike the pmb...

cutbait
02-15-2011, 04:51 PM
that advanced animal suffered a painful death ,how is that funny.what is wrong with you guys.if it was a dog or god forbed a small child,you all would have a different attitude.even thou cats are more advanced ,or equal to dogs.the smarter the animal the harder they are to train.your wife is right.your out of line.you have never owned a cat ,so you have no idea .no disrespect intended, but you posted this crap...mike the pmb...

For the record I do have a cat and would never own a dog. {value my property too much}

So your logic is less intelligent, basic forms of life are completely fair game?

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-15-2011, 05:17 PM
then that was your nieghbors cat.you own a cat. would it be that funny if was your cat.i dont think the family would think thats funny posting this garbage..i told you no disrespect but please .

stepchild
02-15-2011, 06:05 PM

a dead animal, is a dead animal.it doesnt matter if you eat it or not....and people do eat cats,and dogs...where you been????..lmao!!!..but still when we catch fish why do we post pics!!!

seal
02-15-2011, 07:46 PM

Ok only gonna pick apart one part of this, "The smarter the animal the harder to train?". So dolphins, killer whales, seals (had to pick that one) etc... etc... are not as smart as a freak'n cat? PMB I know you are smarter than that, and this whole dogs are dumb cause they actually will mind, that is a cat persons reach to explain why their stupid animal won't do anything they ask it to.

I think this post proves a Seal is smarter than a cat, barely....

DarkShadow
02-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Here's a question you might ask yourself: Would you put that picture up on your church bulletin board?

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9918/churchbulletin.jpg

Or how about framed, over the dining room table?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/831/diningroomtable.jpg

A keychain?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7257/keychaink.jpg

Maybe on a mug?

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4945/muge.jpg

I think I like the framed dining room shot the best.

cutbait
02-15-2011, 08:39 PM

I'll take the mug. Would be a great conversation starter in the office

Trout Doctor
02-15-2011, 08:39 PM

You friggin' a-hole. That one made me laugh, and now I'm going to hell.

old pudd fisher
02-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Dang you DarkShadow, you always make me laugh. But seriously I feel bad that the cat died that painful way.

trail blazer
02-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Here's a question you might ask yourself: Would you put that picture up on your church bulletin board? Or how about framed, over the dining room table? A keychain? Maybe on a mug?UNQUOTE.

Thats funny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I never heard a comment like that abought the lipripperz slut pic that was up on the home page for over 2 months,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not trying to start anything,,,,,,,,,I JUST FIND IT IRONIC,or is it IRONIK,,LOL

Il tell you 1 thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,id show a pic of a dead cat kill,d on accident before id show a pic of that add on my church bulliten board!

TRAIL BLAZER

cutbait
02-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Here's a question you might ask yourself: Would you put that picture up on your church bulletin board? Or how about framed, over the dining room table? A keychain? Maybe on a mug?UNQUOTE.

Thats funny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I never heard a comment like that abought the lipripperz slut pic that was up on the home page for over 2 months,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Not trying to start anything,,,,,,,,,I JUST FIND IT IRONIC,or is it IRONIK,,LOL

Il tell you 1 thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,id show a pic of a dead cat kill,d on accident before id show a pic of that add on my church bulliten board!

TRAIL BLAZER

Oh snap! This thread has just been elevated to another level...

Flawless TB, flawless.... timing was perfect and no jury would convict

jim young
02-15-2011, 09:39 PM
But thats the Blonde BallSwallower from VH1 and her sidekick the Pink lip strippa!

The LOVE SAUCE SLUTS

fisherjo
02-16-2011, 12:42 AM
I have to agree with your wife...that is not funny at all...

LunkerBill
02-16-2011, 02:59 AM
Hey jerk,my name is jerk.Nice to meet ya! I have to agree the framed pic in the diningroom,priceless!

JSAUCE818
02-16-2011, 05:36 AM
Curiousity did kill the cat.

stepchild
02-16-2011, 08:05 AM

I think I like the framed dining room shot the best.how much for the used cat...i need lobster bait!!!

Seņor.Chilax
02-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Nice one DarkShadow. I agree about the framed picture over the table being the best. I would rock that in my dinning room.

Josh
02-16-2011, 09:06 AM
speaking as a cat person, I don't think you're a jerk for it. It's kinda humorous in a macabre sort of way.

City Dad
02-16-2011, 09:13 AM

Now that is funny.

Hometown
02-16-2011, 06:15 PM
I am allergic to Devildogs lol
OH man if I were to say what I really want to say then I'll be the JERK, but basically folks I'm tired of the 20 something cats that live up the street pissin and crappin all over the place and around my truck. I hate dogs and cats equally since I'm allergic to both of them.

HBAR
02-16-2011, 06:49 PM
You must either be an army turd, swab stick, greyhound bus driver, a member of the nice girls club (national guard), or a coasty.

A "Devildog" is a U.S. Marine a title that is earned NEVER given!

old pudd fisher
02-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Sorry 'Devildog' and I honor your love for the Marines and I admire the corps. But I served in in the Army and don't like being called an Army turd. I still suffer pain from wounds I received in Vietnam to this day..I payed my dues to this country and proud of it. Take care 'Devilbog' I just had to vent.

HBAR
02-16-2011, 07:53 PM
OPF let me start off by saying "WELCOME HOME" and thank you for your service.

it's the interservice rivalry that I was going after, not sure if the other person served.

Double A
02-16-2011, 08:01 PM
oh man CB, look what you've stirred up

or should i say, look what the cat drug in

HBAR
02-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey all don't take this thing between me and OPF further we have talked and it's all good.

Hometown
02-16-2011, 09:29 PM
NO none of the above.But my son is in the Navy I think that what you are calling a bus driver. No hard feelings I thank all that serve this great country.My Bad I didnt know what a Devildog was.
You must either be an army turd, swab stick, greyhound bus driver, a member of the nice girls club (national guard), or a coasty.

A "Devildog" is a U.S. Marine a title that is earned NEVER given!

DockRat
02-17-2011, 06:57 AM
DarkShadow :Applause: :Worship: :Applause:

It's just a Cat :ROFL: Too bad the door didn't have a sharp blade at the bottom. :Dog Piss:

I wish they would open a season for Harbor Seals. Too many mouths to feed.
Kill em All. :Envious: DR

HBAR
02-17-2011, 07:34 AM
NO none of the above.But my son is in the Navy I think that what you are calling a bus driver. No hard feelings I thank all that serve this great country.My Bad I didnt know what a Devildog was.

"grey hound bus driver aka the air force is just that, take off all their ribbons, medals pins and such (which are handed out like candy, I say that because I ran into an airman E2 or E3 in rank and this guy had 3 rows (3 ribbons in each row) of ribbons on his uniform), the navy are squids, swabby's, swab sticks, the Marine Corps ("the mens dept of the navy") well we will gladly be called any of the goofy *** nicknames which we have earned! unless one uses them in vein then it's "ON", coasty well all that is, is someone who was in the coast guard.
So now do all of you who have not served have a better understanding? I hope so.

seal
02-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Funny I thought Devildogs were like a twinky or something they sold back east.....

Korin
02-17-2011, 09:49 AM
I agree with your wife.

There is nothing funny about this and the picture is dissrespectful to the family that this pet belonged to.

Hometown
02-17-2011, 11:06 AM
thanks for the info jar head jk and thanks for your service
"grey hound bus driver aka the air force is just that, take off all their ribbons, medals pins and such (which are handed out like candy, I say that because I ran into an airman E2 or E3 in rank and this guy had 3 rows (3 ribbons in each row) of ribbons on his uniform), the navy are squids, swabby's, swab sticks, the Marine Corps ("the mens dept of the navy") well we will gladly be called any of the goofy *** nicknames which we have earned! unless one uses them in vein then it's "ON", coasty well all that is, is someone who was in the coast guard.
So now do all of you who have not served have a better understanding? I hope so.

tpfishnfool
02-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Pussy's rule !!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-17-2011, 03:02 PM
in 1971 i went thuo marine corps.boot camp,which at that time had a 40%drop out average.i made it thru and was proud to be called a marine and finished my 2yr obligation.i ran into guys like you ,thru my 2 yrs to this day,could not believe the brain washing ,over the top job.that took its toll.yea as a a marine always a marine.simpi fi.you never forget the bootcamp training.how dare you use our name of our past, on your BS.yes we are a small group of proud people, and proud to be called a marine.but we respect all of the guys that gave ,and risk thier lives ,for our country.god bless all, our people helping our country. buy the way your wife is right!!!!.....mike the pmb.....

Crawler
02-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Completly forking awesome. This almost beats the "Free Cat ---->" sign next to the roadkill cat picture.

Good form sir, good form indeed.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-17-2011, 06:31 PM
believe it or not ,devil dog had the balls to send me a private message ,saying to keep this in the marine family..go figure that..lets just go fishing.....god bless ....mike the pmb.....

cutbait
02-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Completly forking awesome. This almost beats the "Free Cat ---->" sign next to the roadkill cat picture.

Good form sir, good form indeed.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/free-cat.jpg

HBAR
02-17-2011, 08:14 PM
You invited so when we going?

smokehound
02-19-2011, 04:38 PM
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/804699_f520.jpg

PUDD MASTER BAITER
02-19-2011, 04:47 PM
now thats funny s!!!!

DockRat
02-20-2011, 06:59 AM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/taradsharp/cat_stuck_garage_door.jpghttp://i0006.photobucket.com/albums/0006/findstuff22/Best%20Images/Funny/bankercat1.jpghttp://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m488/Daniela_Salazar/funny-pictures-boxing-cat.gifhttp://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/crabpeople10/catsheadstuck.jpghttp://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t17/Flutebuddie/StuckCat.jpghttp://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb172/zelos55/73.jpghttp://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo75/BigMacDaddy_DMI/Fail%20-%20Inappropriate/ATT67459.jpghttp://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/bailey_a_010/Random%20Shit/GlassCatOwned.jpg

fishmounter
02-21-2011, 11:56 AM
OK Bottom line is this... It's f---ed up for the cat and you for finding humor in it. And People thought I was bad-

LunkerBill
02-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey Devildog,
If you have a bunch of ferral cats pissing and crapping all over everything,do like I have done.First go around and ask the neighbors if they own any cats.And if they do tell them to either keep them inside,get them f%*&ers fixed,or they have three days to pick it up from the pound or they put it down. Then go buy or even call the humane society and ask for a cat trap. These work great. Put a lil bit of kibble in a bowl place in trap,set trap. Be sure to check it at least once a day. If you trap one,take it to the pound or call the pound up and they may pick it up for you. I am 10 for 10 and counting. Three of which were a lady down the street,but did she go piick them up? Hell no! Thats on her.As for me I have several other neighbors who are very thankful.
Oh and FYI people, my wife and I do have a cat. He stays indoors unless we out in the yard he can come out.But he is FIXED,so no spraying his dna all over.Plus he wont piss or **** outside. Instead he goes straight to his litterbox.

Poxy Boggards
02-21-2011, 04:27 PM
OMG.... LOL....I just started laughing uncontrollably in my office while reading this.

I don't know you, but you just earned a bunch of funny points in my book Darkshadow!

AS for the OP, No your not a jerk for taking a pic and getting a laugh out of it. I am a cat person with a macabre sense of humore and I had a chuckle when I saw this. If I had a digital camera I would have taken a picture...

That being said, it is sad for the owners.

My step mom crushed my first cat under the wheel of her Lincoln. She didn't die, but was never quite the same after that. I do think that the pic is a little suspect though...IJS

Poxy Boggards
02-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Well I guess I should ask, were you laughing while taking the picture in front of a crying pet owner?

That would make you a jerk!

SoCalB3AST
02-22-2011, 03:44 AM
From This Angle Sliding Into Home Plate He Looks SAFE!!!