PDA

View Full Version : Day and a Half aboard the Legend ~ 2/11-2/13

Bigdaddy74jj
02-14-2011, 07:11 PM
My Dad was on this trip. Had a good time. Ran into an old fishing buddy from an Excel trip years ago. The trip was scheduled to head to Punta Colonet about 90 miles south of the border.

Arrived at the fishing grounds around 6:30am Saturday. Flat calm out there. Began fishing right away. Hooked about a 5# Red on the first drop. Really a nice fish. Then there was nothing. Nobody was getting bit. He went with about 6 other guys all of whom were also not getting bit. Most of the day was spent letting the lines out and winding them up. When fishing about 200 ft. and about 12-16 oz. of lead on the line gets a little tiring all day when you are not Bendo.

Late into the day he finally snagged what he thought might be a big toad Ling, but it turned out to be a double hookup of 2 really good sized Reds. That was the end of the day catch.

28 Anglers and just around 100 fish on the boat. A little scratchy. He summed it all up when I asked him how the trip was by saying...
"The Fishing was good but the catching wasn't"

murrieta angler
02-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry to hear about the poor count.
At least you were out fishing with your Dad.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Bigdaddy74jj
02-14-2011, 07:30 PM
No I wish I was there fishing with him. I couldn't go. I just wanted to get the report out to all.

k3vin_kim
02-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah i was out there on saturday the 12th. We weren't at the same area bcuz i didn't see the legend but the drift was nill and little to no current on Saturday. oh - well, there's always next time.